2016 Trade Hypotheticals (Opposition supporters post here)

Balls on the line, who you moving on......

• Rocky

Votes: 75 42.1%
  • Pearce

Votes: 82 46.1%
  • Rich

Votes: 21 11.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Most reasonable hypothetical proposed by opposition supporter i have seen in a long time. Would not hesitate on that.
i was going to say maybe do rockliff instead of 16! :)

Because just say hurtung wants to go north you could do
Hawks: Lewis, Hartung and 23.
Brisbane: 16 or Rockliff and 21

Last edited:
Our focus is still on maximising this draft. I don't think we will do much to put ourselves in a worse drafting position, especially for a player like Lewis that gives us nothing long term. Would would have to be giving him away, or bundling him with Hartung to get our 19 or 21 pick. Even then, we would need to net a pick in the teens back for Hanley to keep our ratio of 4 picks in about top 20.

Is my understanding of the latest rumours correct?

Hawks 23 and Hartung to us, 2017 first rounder to GC
Hanley to GC
O'Meara to the Hawks

Looks like we're being bent over here

Which means this rumour is probably true.

Don't mind it at all to be honest, Hartung is probably worth around where he was drafted at (24).
Pick 23 + 24 (around about what we would have had to pay for Hartung anyway if we're keen - probably 21 with change back IMO) is equivalent to pick 7.

It would leave us with 3, 16, 19, 21, 23 and Hartung.
Pick 21 + 23 probably buys us pick 10 (Saints), 11 (North), or 12 (West Coast) if someone is keen to trade down. Probably some change for academy bids or a Frost trade as well.

Leaves us with 3, 10(?), 16, 19 and Hartung.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Billy Hartung- for me is meh, but if Fagan thinks he can add to our team dynamic in a positive way i am all for it.

as Fb says he would set new standards this off season in the time trials and beep tests, might even lap greeny if he's still a lion.

Trade winds has 2 hawks player coming to brisbane for our pick 21 ( hartung + ?)

Langford's name keeps popping up.

Really not sure we should be giving up two list spots for those two on top of Frost.

Really not sure we should be giving up two list spots for those two on top of Frost.

This is the part i cant understand. Assuming Hartung, Langford and Frost in, Smith upgraded. Green, Hanley out it only leaves 4 spots. On paper if we get another pick in for Hanley in the teens, we are trading 21 for 2 solid players and 21 wouldnt be used.

Leaves no spots for academy picks though, so maybe we might shuffle another player or 2 after trade period before the draft.

Just gotta back the coach on this one. Not really keen on either but both have played decent footy. Obviously playing in.a dominant team is different to playing in a developing team though.

Trade winds has 2 hawks player coming to brisbane for our pick 21 ( hartung + ?)
Don't mind so long as it means Hanley goes to GC and we get another top ten pick. We only need 3, 8, 16 and a few late picks for the Academy boys. Off you go Greeny.
EDIT: Oops, forgot 19 too.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

2016 Trade Hypotheticals (Opposition supporters post here)

Back