2017-2018 KFC Big Bash League Fantasy Competition

Remove this Banner Ad

Seems like I'm the weak link here :D

If your active for the 10 rounds you'll be in front of 90% of the comp

Heaps drop off after rd 2/3 if they haven't scored well

Bloody hard to make up points

Here is my first effort. I'm keen to hear opinions on where I've gone wrong because I'm sure I did in several areas. I did my best at trying to structure my team to account for the byes and teams that play twice. With 3 trades per round I realise I may have put too much emphasis on that? Rip it to shreds guys
Screen Shot 2017-12-13 at 2.06.07 pm.png

Here is my first effort. I'm keen to hear opinions on where I've gone wrong because I'm sure I did in several areas. I did my best at trying to structure my team to account for the byes and teams that play twice. With 3 trades per round I realise I may have put too much emphasis on that? Rip it to shreds guys
View attachment 444610

Ditch Dunk for Jos Buttler
Renshaw OUT try Carey from Adelaide
One of your Perth bowlers should be a Thunder bowler for week 1

Nevill must never ever be chosen again. Try the Heat keeper. He may open bat and has the dble game rd2

Nevill must never ever be chosen again. Try the Heat keeper. He may open bat and has the dble game rd2

Cheers for the advice! Nevill and Renshaw were really just fill ins. I'll probably take your advice wrt the bowlers as well. I was thinking ahead for round 2 where Perth play 2 games but with 3 trades I'll probably drop one of them. I'll also probably ditch Hodge for McCullum too given Heat have a 2 game round in round 2. I'll restructure and go again!

New effort. I've decided to keep both Perth bowlers but apart from that I've taken your suggestions.

Screen Shot 2017-12-13 at 2.36.19 pm.png

This year has definitely been the hardest to manage the double gameweeks. So many double gameweeks followed by no gameweeks back to back.

This year has definitely been the hardest to manage the double gameweeks. So many double gameweeks followed by no gameweeks back to back.

How my DGers are you looking at for weeks 1 & 2?

How my DGers are you looking at for weeks 1 & 2?
Similar to Aussie_boy in that I'll look to go 5 SydT for week 1 and then 9 for Heat/Scorchers in gw2.

Planning on having 55 double gw players across the 10 rounds (things dont usually go to plan in fantasy sports though haha).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At this stage, my DGR players for the first 5 rounds, will be something like 4,10,5,5,5, as I rate the Thunder options slightly less than the other teams.

The players you start on the bench, will be just as important as the players you start on the field, if you're playing the long game. You can't afford to waste a single spot, on any player you don't see as an on-field contributor, at some point in the first few rounds. Some might be tempted to start a floating donut, but I won't be bothering with that.

The Hurricanes and Stars have byes in R's 2/7 & 3, and don't have their DGR's until R's 6/8 & 9, so I won't be starting any players from those teams, for that reason.

Remember, forget about favourite teams or players or whether or not you think a guy is a flog. The ONLY thing that matters, is how many points these bastards can score for our teams. There's no room for sentiment.

Last edited:
Not many people posting leagues, so I've created another one, for anyone who's interested.

League code: 439433

All are welcome.

More adjustments to my team with a fresh mind at 330 AM. Now I'm starting 5 Thunder, 4 Heat, 3 Strikers, 2 Scorchers, 1 star and 1 sixer

That means ideally my double round players would be something like 5,9,6,4,6,3 for the 1st 6 rounds
More adjustments and I've planned to absolutely maximise my scores for the first 3 rounds with what should end up as 5,9 (with possibility of 10) & 6 double gamers over those rounds. Thus, I'm starting 5 Thunder, 4 Heat, 3 Scorchers, 3 Strikers and 1 Sixer. After round 3 my scores will surely drop off but hopefully I set myself up with a solid platform.

What is everyones thoughts on the team. Figured someone might know something I don't that could save me getting a zero from one of the players

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-12-14 at 3.43.15 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-12-14 at 3.43.15 PM.png
    82.6 KB · Views: 5
I'm in for the elite league if you need numbers. It will force me to take it seriously. Never played big bash fantasy to be honest. Won epl fantasy on sportal back in the day and was leading SuperCoach mid season one year before I got r*ped by injuries.

See how many more a keen in the next couple of days, if not I'll send you the code.

What is everyones thoughts on the team. Figured someone might know something I don't that could save me getting a zero from one of the players
Good team. I really like your bowlers but if I had to find a fault it would be with some of your mid-priced Thunder batters. Then again, if you get a good round or 2 out of them and turf them at the right time you'll be laughing. You'll definitely be right up the top of the rankings after 2/3 rounds but after that you may drop off a bit, kinda like my team.

I think its rd1 glory gone mad.

Only so many points on offer.

However i am partial to a different strategy so good luck

Remove this Banner Ad

2017-2018 KFC Big Bash League Fantasy Competition

Remove this Banner Ad

Back