AFL 2017 - AFL Round 21

Remove this Banner Ad

Rocket's gone and the line has gone out a couple more points to -6.5. A new coach normally sees a very good performance the following week.

I have observed this phenomenon in NBA (about 75-80% line covered after a coach is sacked) so I assume something similar in AFL? Though coaches are probably not sacked as often as coaches in the NBA so I'm not sure I'll find any meaningful data on this.

Speaking of Rocket being gone, Ladbrokes have Brad Scott @$10 as next coach of Gold Coast. Reckon that's good value as he's around $4 everywhere else.

I have observed this phenomenon in NBA (about 75-80% line covered after a coach is sacked) so I assume something similar in AFL? Though coaches are probably not sacked as often as coaches in the NBA so I'm not sure I'll find any meaningful data on this.
I don't have any stats but I think it's similar for AFL as well. I assume it's psychology - a team is performing badly and going through the motions and then all of a sudden things get serious and the effort gets turned up.

Lines at -7.5 and if it keeps going GC would be an attractive bet especially if they get some of Witts, Lyons, Matera, Swallow back.

Rocket's gone and the line has gone out a couple more points to -6.5. A new coach normally sees a very good performance the following week.
zero to do with Rocket going, Tom Lynch injury news is what caused the move.

I don't have any stats but I think it's similar for AFL as well. I assume it's psychology - a team is performing badly and going through the motions and then all of a sudden things get serious and the effort gets turned up.

since betting data has been available teams have performed quite well ATS following a coach being sacked/stepping down, last check was 13-2 or so since early 2000s.

Don't think performance changes too much but fair to say there would be a fair bit of market value about them.

Lines at -7.5 and if it keeps going GC would be an attractive bet especially if they get some of Witts, Lyons, Matera, Swallow back.
Ablett looks like he'll miss

Doggies Giants points pileup
either team under 24
happy.gif
happy.gif

happy.gif

happy.gif
happy.gif

No Ablett makes this trickier.

No Hawkins No Selwood No Duncan ....No chance
Line has narrowed in slightly to -5.5 when I thought it would be going the other way.

Apart from the whole Selwood, Duncan, Hawkins missing thing Richmond's in significantly better form and I expect might benefit if there is a shower or two with their wet weather form. Apart from the game being at Skilled can't see any reason to be backing the Cats unless i'm missing something?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

IMG_0983.PNG IMG_0982.PNG IMG_0981.PNG

I need help... 8 legs to go (here are the remaining let's) $5.45 into $10,000
Would you wait it out? Or cash out after a certain game? Or now? Haha

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL 2017 - AFL Round 21

Remove this Banner Ad

Back