AFL 2017 - AFL Round 9

Remove this Banner Ad

Hard to believe Collingwood will start favourites against Hawthorn and clear favourites at that. Pies have historically played well against Geelong and GWS, don't buy into those games. Losses against Carlton and Essendon are true indicators of where the team is truly at, which is second last on the ladder.

Given the incoming wet weather and the possibility of close games because of it (except the Bris. vs. Adel. game), a multi with "both teams to win under 39.5" at $1.28 per leg isn't a bad bet to consider.

Hard to believe Collingwood will start favourites against Hawthorn and clear favourites at that. Pies have historically played well against Geelong and GWS, don't buy into those games. Losses against Carlton and Essendon are true indicators of where the team is truly at, which is second last on the ladder.
Much of the line movement of late is due to the Hawks injuries (4 out this week). Backline has leaked goals all season and is now down Stratton (best lockdown defender), Frawley (plays on the key big) and Birchall (key runner). Given Gibson is cooked we are in real trouble here.

Our midfield is weak and Coll should dominate us here (see the game last year). I expect Greenwood to tag Titchell and perhaps Crisp on Smith.

That's two areas of real concern. We have some scoring power but losing Rioli hurts.

Interestingly we have won 3 from 4, but can't see us winning this one.

When you take an early bet, hoping for a middle. Then the line shifts the wrong way leaving you with that nasty gap where you loose both bets. Does that nasty gap have a name like a reverse middle?

When you take an early bet, hoping for a middle. Then the line shifts the wrong way leaving you with that nasty gap where you loose both bets. Does that nasty gap have a name like a reverse middle?

I remember someone last year (I think maybe it was X_box_X ?) called it a "piddle", since you'll be so nervous about it hitting that you'll probably pee yourself lol

Which other games did you have in mind?

Cats vs. Dogs/Saints vs. Swans/GWS vs. Rich/Pies vs. Hawks/Melb. vs. North (all either team to win by under 39.5) - you could add Adelaide in for a big win (or over 24.5 if you want to play it safe) and Freo H2H in the last game of the round. They should beat Carlton at home.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yer
Cats vs. Dogs/Saints vs. Swans/GWS vs. Rich/Pies vs. Hawks/Melb. vs. North (all either team to win by under 39.5) - you could add Adelaide in for a big win (or over 24.5 if you want to play it safe) and Freo H2H in the last game of the round. They should beat Carlton at home.
yeh I took dogs, saints, pies, feel, gws for this bet pays 3.80ish

Got on the overs for the Brisbane/Adelaide game at 176.5. Don't think the rain will be affecting this one. Should go over comfortably.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

I cant believe Collingwood aren't shorter, they have shown far more than Hawthorn this year and they're going to be without Frawley, Stratton and Rioli. I reckon its going to get ugly

All is not lost yet ! This happened to me in round 7.I took the tigers early @ +16.5 and the Dogs-24.5 @$2 . To minimise the the ugly reverse loss i took the Dogs 1-9 @ $9 and they won by 5 turning the reverse in +3u pft.

I cant believe Collingwood aren't shorter, they have shown far more than Hawthorn this year and they're going to be without Frawley, Stratton and Rioli. I reckon its going to get ugly

Much of the line movement of late is due to the Hawks injuries (4 out this week). Backline has leaked goals all season and is now down Stratton (best lockdown defender), Frawley (plays on the key big) and Birchall (key runner). Given Gibson is cooked we are in real trouble here.

Our midfield is weak and Coll should dominate us here (see the game last year). I expect Greenwood to tag Titchell and perhaps Crisp on Smith.

That's two areas of real concern. We have some scoring power but losing Rioli hurts.

Interestingly we have won 3 from 4, but can't see us winning this one.

Good point, hadn't see the Hawks outs at that stage. Pies have had trouble kicking a winning score, but with those outs, they should be able to this week.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL 2017 - AFL Round 9

Remove this Banner Ad

Back