Preview 2017 Grand Final Premiership Posters by Mark Knight (RELEASED)

Remove this Banner Ad

I prefer the WEG '17 one, how do we get that if we win? That being said, if we win I will get both.

Got a link of picture of the WEG 17 versions?
Not sure they have been released yet?

Tiger looks like a bad taxidermy and why on earth has the Crow got a yellow beak?

Surprised by no tattoo's on the Tiger, does have the signature "Dusty" palm off thing going on though.

In all seriousness though, not a bad effort.... The heads are more prominent as opposed to previous years where they were 5% of the character.
I dont mind either of them tbh.

So glad he didn't put a neck-tat on the tiger.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

WEG died nearly 10 years ago. How did the tatts get on the Tiger poster?

They aren't WEG's they are created by kram87 although I'm sure he will take that as a massive compliment!

Tiger looks soft and cuddly. Needs to be more ferocious imo.

Yeah, needed to be angrier. Looks startled.

He said in the release article that he was trying to make the tiger look "surprised" due to the surprising nature of their grand final appearance....
He also said the reason for the Crow having both it's feet on the cup was because they were favourites and "close to winning"
Absolutely ridiculous idea's, cant believe he ran with them.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...s/news-story/87171b363cfe3d9476c89a80e6345114

You can only get them after the game? and what makes the losing ones so expensive... wouldn't they be less popular, or do they not sell them?

http://www.wegart.com.au/shop/index.php?cPath=207

There's some losing posters for sale on the wegart website.... $220 a pop.
Collingwood 2002, 2003 and Brisbane 2004
2002%20Pies%20Los.jpg
2003%20Pies%20Los.jpg

Lions%20Losing%202004.jpg

Brisbane's 4 peat poster would have been awesome, alas it wasn't to be.

Minor premiership is over rated. Everyone treats the 22 games as qualification these days

Geelong and Sydney went into the finals off huge wins two years running now. Fat lot of good it did them

2017 POSTERS REVEALED
ec4744bd25ffb3711bf82a9c86b55ed5

Few comments:

I like how the head is more prominent this year.
Surprised Tiger has no tattoo's but does have the Dusty "dont argue" palm off going on
Never seen a Crow with a yellow beak before....
Don't like the eyes on either of them. Look like someone is shoving a stick up their arse. Need to be fiercer, have more tenacity. These cartoons look like the character is shell shocked!

Don't like the eyes on either of them. Look like someone is shoving a stick up their arse. Need to be fiercer, have more tenacity. These cartoons look like the character is shell shocked!

Love how the flog is making the same face as the Tiger.... clearly that isn't the appropriate face for a grand final poster....

Love how the flog is making the same face as the Tiger.... clearly that isn't the appropriate face for a grand final poster....
The crow looks like it's got some form of impediment, just leaning over like that, the wings look really odd. The Tiger is too much like a real tiger, it needs far more of a caricature about it.

http://www.wegart.com.au/ will produce a poster (for the winner) based on a drawing he did before his death. (he produced about 20 caricatures per club before he passed away)

That's a great way to explain it.... So true now that you've made it apparent.

Did Weg do any Giants or Suns, or were the mascots announced after his death?

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview 2017 Grand Final Premiership Posters by Mark Knight (RELEASED)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back