NFL 2017 NFL Pre-Season Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm not sure how I feel about but Zeke Elliot suspension.

He's clearly a bit of a douchebag but I find it hard to reconcile that the NFL had "substantial and persuasive" evidence with the facts that the prosecutor's didn't proceed because of factual inconsistencies and the fact that the the woman in question apparently admitted it was (at least in some part) an extortion attempt.

That said, could this be any more of a cliche defense:

I'm not sure how I feel about but Zeke Elliot suspension.

He's clearly a bit of a douchebag but I find it hard to reconcile that the NFL had "substantial and persuasive" evidence with the facts that the prosecutor's didn't proceed because of factual inconsistencies and the fact that the the woman in question apparently admitted it was (at least in some part) an extortion attempt.

Yeah that's the head scratcher for me. Aren't they then obligated to pass this "substantial evidence" to the authorities?

Im shocked the NFL actually remembered their own suspension guide lines.

But f**k me Zeke sounds thick. Well if he gets banned he could join the NRL they are just as dumb.

Didnt he also get a written warning for his trip to the weed shop before the Seattle preseason game last year?

Sammy Watkins has been traded to the Rams. With Ronald Darby going to the Eagles. Bills receive Jordan Matthews and EJ Gaines.

Not sure what the Bills gain from this at all.

a draft pick from the Watkins trade. He would of walked anyway at least now they got something for him.

But the CB they traded to the Eagles was contracted till 2018, and 2 players they got are both in the last years of contracts. Stockpiling compensation draft picks if anyone is going over pay for Matthews or Gaines nextyear.

Sammy Watkins has been traded to the Rams. With Ronald Darby going to the Eagles. Bills receive Jordan Matthews and EJ Gaines.

Not sure what the Bills gain from this at all.

Ammunition to get the number 1 pick

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pretty sure Aguayo was winning in practice as well.

Yeah I vaguely remember hearing he was 'hitting everything' in camp.

Haven't watched Hard Knocks yet. I'm sure it'll feature next episode haha

TMZ obtained eight photos of bruising on the body of suspended RB Ezekiel Elliott's domestic abuse accuser.

This certainly won't help Elliott's chances of winning an appeal. Ex-girlfriend Tiffany Thompson took photos of bruising on her arms, hands, neck, and legs following the alleged domestic incident. At the time, Elliott told police officers the woman was injured during a bar fight with someone else.

Source: TMZ.com
Aug 11 - 6:46 PM

TMZ obtained eight photos of bruising on the body of suspended RB Ezekiel Elliott's domestic abuse accuser.

This certainly won't help Elliott's chances of winning an appeal. Ex-girlfriend Tiffany Thompson took photos of bruising on her arms, hands, neck, and legs following the alleged domestic incident. At the time, Elliott told police officers the woman was injured during a bar fight with someone else.

Source: TMZ.com
Aug 11 - 6:46 PM

Gee she really slams her self around at work!

jrC0Bqb.png

“What the NFL investigators learned was that on at least four nights between July 16 and July 21, Mr. Elliott and Ms. Thompson stayed together in the same apartment in the same bedroom. And so these injuries did not just, at least in my judgment, magically appear on her body,” Harvey said. “So while alternative theories are interesting, in my judgment they have to be supported by evidence and that was lacking in this particular situation.”

The NFL said it interviewed more than a dozen witnesses, including Thompson, over the course of its investigation. It also consulted with medical experts and “examined all available evidence, including photographic and digital evidence, thousands of text messages and other records of electronic communications.”

The NFL reportedly is looking into an “accumulation of behaviors” involving Elliott, who led the NFL in rushing yards and attempts during his rookie season in 2016. Elliott’s ex-girlfriend accused him of five incidents of domestic violence over a six-day period in July 2016, though prosecutors in Columbus, Ohio, declined to press charges because of “conflicting and inconsistent information” from witnesses. The woman, Tiffany Thompson, also had accused Elliott of pushing her against a wall during a February 2016 incident in Florida. No charges were brought in that case, as well.

Should the six-game suspension hold up, Elliott’s first game back will be Oct. 29 against the Washington Redskins. Dallas’s first six games of the season are against the Giants, Broncos, Cardinals, Rams, Packers and 49ers. Elliott will not be allowed into the Cowboys’ training complex from whenever the suspension begins until it ends. Assuming the suspension stands, he will lose out on his base salary for the time missed — about $240,000 per game, per ESPN’s Adam Schefter — and will have to pay back some of the $16.350 million signing bonus he has received since joining the Cowboys as the fourth pick of the 2016 NFL draft.

“Mr. Elliot’s representatives argued in a meeting that maybe Ms. Thompson fell down stairs,” Harvey said. “There was no witness to say she fell down stairs and there was no photograph of her falling down stairs.” The representatives also proposed that Thompson could have injured herself bumping into tables while on the job as a restaurant server or could have gotten into a fight with another woman, Harvey said.
The NFL investigators, however, were not buying that. The “evidence does not support finding mitigating or aggravating factors,”

The league also told Elliott that it won’t be considering the St. Patrick’s Day incident for additional discipline but called it “inappropriate and disturbing.” According to reports, the league did not consider Elliott’s alleged participation in a July altercation at a Dallas nightclub during which a D.J.’s nose was broken. Dallas police eventually suspended the investigation after they were unable to locate the victim.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...ix-games-on-the-table/?utm_term=.c0a0fbcb760f

Maybe Zeke got off light. He has 3 business days to challenge

The St. Pats day incident was pulling down a woman's top

Remove this Banner Ad

NFL 2017 NFL Pre-Season Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back