NFL 2017 NFL - Week 9

Remove this Banner Ad

The predicting plays bit is annoying but he's doing less of that as the season goes on.

And really the best part of Romo's commentary is style more than the substance.

One thing that will be sickening is him returning to Dallas to call a game. I wish TV networks would realise the focus on commentators is bloody nauseating to people who actually want to watch the game. If there's dead time during the game and breaks then do what you're paid for - analyze the ****ing game!

Romo predicting plays sometimes isn't even the best part of his commentary ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I'm not a Romo mark, but what I like is the difference between his analysis and what's we've been accustomed to, for instance:
It was late in the 4th on Thursdays game and the Bills were a yard from scoring. A nothing play in a nothing moment of a dead game, yet at this stage Taylor dove straight in to the line to score.
Normally we'd hear "BOOM this guy got a push", "BOOM this guy missed an assignment", or just talking shit given the stage of the game, but it was refreshing to hear Romo explain that there's a little technique to the sneak in that the QB should roll his body towards the gap that opens up and, as he was finishing it, the overhead replay showed exactly what Romo was talking about. It was a nice little insight that I enjoyed hearing.

We should be just grateful to Romo for getting Simms moved, he was rubbish, not quite Ling-level though. Lingy is in a world of his own

I've actually enjoyed hearing Romo's commentary as he gives that extra insight from a players perspective and helps the viewer understand what's happened.

To be fair the hate is coming from one supporter base who are probably the most feral supporter group in the NFL and very uptight representing a massive small man syndrome every time they choose to write a comment all over social media and not just here.

Big chips on their shoulders and they actually worry more about other teams in their division due to having never won anything of note in history EVER themselves so it is a " lets bring the negatives " about everything past or present regarding other teams that are rivals.

Enjoying to watch but still pathetic and it will never end so just sit back and laugh is all you can do.

To be fair the hate is coming from one supporter base who are probably the most feral supporter group in the NFL and very uptight representing a massive small man syndrome every time they choose to write a comment.

Big chips on their shoulders and they actually worry more about other teams in their division due to having never won anything of note in history EVER themselves so it is a " lets bring the negatives " about everything past or present regarding other teams that are rivals.

Enjoying to watch but still pathetic and it will never end so just sit back and laugh is all you can do.
Why are you talking about your fellow Cowgirl fans like that?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To be fair the hate is coming from one supporter base who are probably the most feral supporter group in the NFL and very uptight representing a massive small man syndrome every time they choose to write a comment all over social media and not just here.

It's just too rich when Dallas fans criticise other fanbases. Been a lot quieter in the weekly threads this year, can you think of any reason why?

You can't blame Eagles fans for having an inferiority complex.

It's hard to believe a team that has so much going for them can be so unsuccessful.

We're choosing to live in the now.

It's not really though- plenty of teams with huge Superbowl droughts. I mean, for all of the Dallas chest beating they havent even made a championship game for 21 years.

It's just too rich when Dallas fans criticise other fanbases. Been a lot quieter in the weekly threads this year, can you think of any reason why?
The same as last year... and every year...

Dallas fans don't leave the safety of their team thread lol

Cause most are awake to your crap and just ignore you guys?

We're choosing to live in the now.

It's not really though- plenty of teams with huge Superbowl droughts. I mean, for all of the Dallas chest beating they havent even made a championship game for 21 years.

What chest beating?

You even seen our team thread and what our own supporters expectations are?

Just cause some choose not to say it in weekly threads there is no chest beating anywhere especially with our defence nor was there last season.

What chest beating?

You even seen our team thread and what our own supporters expectations are?

Just cause some choose not to say it in weekly threads there is no chest beating anywhere especially with our defence nor was there last season.

What chest beating? 'America's team'. The constant references to decades old success, without regard to recent failure. The suggestion that every one of your players is the best in the league, and every draftee is about to be an all-pro.

What chest beating?

we've been due for another riveting weekly thread

You're guaranteed to get a good one when old mate the chisel fires up.

This is a perplexing one though: he excuses the front running of his fan base by suggesting that they're merely too smart to engage in trash talking the others. And yet here he is, unprovoked, starting the trash talking.

Surely his position isnt that he's less bright than his esteemed colleagues? I'd always thought he was one of the better ones.

Remove this Banner Ad

NFL 2017 NFL - Week 9

Remove this Banner Ad

Back