Training 2017 - Preseason Training

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Todays training thanks to Michael Wilson. http://www.aflphotos.com.au/galleri...7 Training - Fremantle 160117&image_id=483297

483297.jpg

483235.jpg

483237.jpg

483239.jpg

483238.jpg

483240.jpg

483241.jpg

483242.jpg

483234.jpg

483243.jpg

483245.jpg

483244.jpg

483246.jpg

483247.jpg

483248.jpg

483249.jpg

483250.jpg

483252.jpg

483251.jpg

483254.jpg

Really? What gives you the optimism? Seem reasonable predictions. Both players will be handled with caution and better to ease them into a season.
Because Ive heard Harley Bennell directly answer that exact question from a training watcher. He said that that he is returning full training in five or so weeks from now,(still giving him enough time to be playing in preseason games) while there are a couple of training watchers he speaks to who have also said Harley thinks he is still a chance for round 1. Alex Pearce looks close to returning to full training for mine. Maybe next week or the week after. Id be surprised if we didn't see him in the preseason games too.

Last edited:
No Ballas, Neale out there this AM. There was this relatively smallish guy in the ball movement drill in a red vest playing against the Cam-Logue-Tabs group with deLuca and Collins that I didn't recognise. Quick and mobile. Does anyone who was there know who he is? They were in the group closest to the club rooms.

Based on those photos, it might have been Ed Langdon.

I'm really hoping when we are dicking around with it at half back after a shallow kick in and the player with the ball looks upfield and sees nothing Brad Hill will be the guy that runs into space to make the play. One of the signs of Freo at their worst is when everyone goes into their shell and no one wants to take responsibility for trying to make the play. Brad is never shy about running to space and creating an option, its one of his most valuable assets.
With the two Hills, Bennell, Walters and even D Pearce, it is a pretty legitimate strategy. Would be pretty happy being a forward with that crew looking for you as well. Waiting to see what really happens.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought I'd add a quick report today as I arrived late and saw a ton of clearance and match sim play, but not the skill stuff at the start of the session.
I don't want to accused of being too positive, but today the skills in match sims were awesome.
Johno dominated and looks fantastic. His kicking to Walters was amazing. He is fitter and stronger than ever.
Tabs marked everything and looks likely to have a dramatically improved year.
Apeness matched up on Sandy and did better than I expected. Apeness is looking leaner in my view. Despite some of the reports on here he seems thinner in the thighs and more mobile compared to a year ago.
Langdon played on Brad Hill and it was tremendous duel. At one point Brad put on the afterburners and ran away from Ed. Hill tried the same move a couple of minutes later, but this time Ed ran him down from behind with Brad running at full pace. Ed is exceptionally quick. Imagining Masten trying to catch him in the next derby makes me smile.
Cam McCarthy again trained well, but appeared to go off and point to his calf. I didn't see this, but got told by another bf contributor. However I did see him come back out when the rehab group came out to do some photos completing hand ball drills. (As seen in photos above). McCarthy looked to be walking fine with no ice or strapping so I think it is a very minor injury at worst.
Logues kicking in the match sims was a thing of beauty. He hit a couple of tremendous low kicks.
There is a bug going through the group. Sheridan didn't train today as a result.
Duman impresses me. His speed and kicking are excellent from what I've see.
Stmadica keeps up with the running pretty well for a draftee who ran a terrible beep test at the Draft Combine. His hands are outstanding.
In my view our skills look much better because we have lost a few up and under kicks and gained some outstanding kicks. Langdon, Blakely and De Luca have improved their skills a ton too.

Last edited:
Can we have a separate sticky thread for the photos.
There is some absolute beauties in there.
No, because it's posting someone else's work. And sucks a tonne of bandwidth. It's nice to have them up occasionally but can't have it a habit.

The only thing I have to add to the training posts is that I thought that Lyon was more hands on today in correcting players during sims. He would stop play a few times and talk about what option should have been taken.
Lyon also made a little fan's day by taking the time to talk to him over the fence.

And yes, I was impressed Duman's speed today. Still a string bean with ears though.

Awesome, thanks sherrif. I'm banged up at SJOG at the moment, so nice to get a fix :)
Did a Toilet Ducks supporter blindside you and hang one on you. When you get back to watch training you will have to come up to the Verandah as we now have Turkey Tom Grljusich (George's brother) a Souths Legend rehabbing from a replacement knee op. When he was playing in SA for Central Districts for 3 years he played for the SA team that played the Vics in Hiobart abnd he kicked 4 Goals for SA playing against the legendary Ted Whitten and won the medal for SA's best (The Fos William's medal named after Choco's father)

Thanks for the great report , hopefully one day get to see Langdon replace ballas and interchange position with b.hill and Weller if they play on the same wing . All will give opposition plenty to think about with their talent.

The only thing I have to add to the training posts is that I thought that Lyon was more hands on today in correcting players during sims. He would stop play a few times and talk about what option should have been taken.
Lyon also made a little fan's day by taking the time to talk to him over the fence.

And yes, I was impressed Duman's speed today. Still a string bean with ears though.

Good to hear about Ross. No more delegation, bring back the boss.

Awesome, thanks sherrif. I'm banged up at SJOG at the moment, so nice to get a fix :)

Hope you're ok. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back