Top scorer: PEA
Best transfer: Alisson
Worst signing: Fred
Champions League: Barca
Europa League: Chelsea
1st manager sacked: Sparky
Arsenal above spurs - what you smoking?

Arsenal above spurs - what you smoking?

Yeah I dunno. They've had a good window, have a decent manager now and their squad especially the attacking side is looking pretty good now. PEA is in for a huge season too.

They will surprise a few. Plus you guys have stood still, which is strange after you promised your manager you'd spend. Need to watch out for United when they sack Mou as they'll come chasing him.

Yeah I dunno. They've had a good window, have a decent manager now and their squad especially the attacking side is looking pretty good now. PEA is in for a huge season too.

They will surprise a few. Plus you guys have stood still, which is strange after you promised your manager you'd spend. Need to watch out for United when they sack Mou as they'll come chasing him.
Emery is a cup manager

Wouldn't surprise me if Arsenal won something, but whether he can make them compete in the league again is another story

We’ve stood still transfer wise but the players are young and are getting better. Plus we don’t have to play at ****ing Wembley! Arsenal won’t make up the ground on us.

1 Manchester City
2 Liverpool
3 Chelsea
4 Tottenham Hotspur
5 Manchester United
6 Arsenal
7 Leicester City
8 West Ham
9 Wolves
10 Brighton
11 Crystal Palace
12 Everton
13 Burnley
14 Newcastle
15 Fulham
16 Bournemouth
17 Southampton
18 Huddersfield Town
19 Watford
20 Cardiff City

To Get Promoted: Stoke, Leeds, West Brom
FA Cup: Manchester United
League Cup: Chelsea
Top Scorer: Mohamed Salah
Best Transfer: Florin Andone / James Maddison
Worst signing: Felipe Anderson
Champions League: Manchester City
1st Manager sacked: Javi Gracia

Jesus.

Have a read of this condensed version and then decide if you want to have another crack:

So SM grabs onto the negative used in Jod's perfectly fine phrase and obsesses about that specific phrase, despite it being pointlessly pedantic.

SM repeats his pedantry, so Jod clarifies in order to stop the stupidness of the conversation:

So SM is trying to define things as not being "independent" in order to try and pretend that Jod is claiming something "wrong". You cannot finish in three positions at once, because they are individual positions, but you can end up "not finishing 1st, 2nd, or 4th" at once. So SM is talking about a phrase as being key, and Jod is talking about the actual numbers. The convo then just got even more repetitious.

It's ****ing pointless. A waste of space and worth deleting.
Just SM being SM haha.

I find it pretty interesting when some people betray such a lack of common sense. And I'd have been happy to give it up but Ratts is so damn persistent at insulting my intelligence and me as a person when he's so fundamentally wrong.. *shrug*

And hey, it's not like Loons knows a thing or two about maths.
I just dont understand why you take everything so seriously. All I said was a lot would have to happen for us to win the Europa League, which was really just a bullish comment suggesting we are not going out at the group stage.

But you always take everything the wrong way haha.

I do love it though. You make me laugh.

No, mate. It's not about Jod making a "typo". My comment about a typo was a reference to your #125 post. The irony is high in you complaining about other people not understanding... Most obviously you keep bringing up "basic math" despite no one debating the math. Then your 'edit' above admits that you didn't understand the post initially. Strewth.

I remember once asking if you deliberately had convos like this to increase notifications. I thought you had since improved. Unfortunately not.
You gotta stop owning SM here... haha. :D

Smart Daniel... Can't get 'Worst transfer' if we don't sign anyone.

source.gif
Does a recalled loan player count?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1. Leicester (Don't act surprised)

2. Liverpool
3. Man City
4. Chelsea

5. Tottenham
6. Arsenal

7. Man United
8. Wolves
9. West Ham
10. Burnley
11. Everton
12. Huddersfield
13. Brighton
14. Watford
15. Fulham
16. Bournemouth
17. Newcastle

18. Southampton
19. Crystal Palace
20. Cardiff

To Get Promoted: Leeds, Preston, Boro
FA Cup: Leicester
League Cup: Leicester
Top scorer: Vardy
Best transfer: Maddison
Worst signing: Ward
Champions League: Man City
1st manager sacked: Mark Hughes

Feels tougher this time around (Maybe its because of Leicester's business being done early, but I'm not really feeling this transfer window). I'm really hoping that the midtable sides can get their act together and actually fight for things, rather than that mosh pit it became last season.

Ashley deserves to be related, the way Rafa and Newcastle are being treated just isn't right.

Red and yellow cards will be issued to managers and coaches for misconduct in the technical area this season.

Premier League bosses will receive verbal cautions for "irresponsible behaviour" in the 2018-19 campaign.

But in the FA Cup, Football League, EFL Cup, EFL Trophy and National League, they will be shown cards.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45025794

Should we include a prediction for this?

Finishing 9th three years in a row with Stoke probably helps.
A Stoke side that had previously been long term moulded by Pulis for PL retention, then invested heavily in under Hughes, then ended up leading them to the brink of relegation before he was sacked.

Was gash at QPR also and also lead them to the brink of relegation and did bugger all at City with resources available to him

Do not rate, has not kicked on since his Blackburn days

A Stoke side that had previously been long term moulded by Pulis for PL retention, then invested heavily in under Hughes, then ended up leading them to the brink of relegation before he was sacked.

Was gash at QPR also and also lead them to the brink of relegation and did bugger all at City with resources available to him

Do not rate, has not kicked on since his Blackburn days

The side that reached the dizzying heights of 11th under Pulis once, and fluctuated between 12th-15th in his other seasons playing awful football?

The side that reached the dizzying heights of 11th under Pulis once, and fluctuated between 12th-15th in his other seasons playing awful football?
Pulis built them up from nothing in the Championship and lead them to an FA Cup Final and Europa League campaign

It was largely still Pulis' team for a few years under Hughes before they started splashing the cash and stagnated then regressed imo

Hasn't done anything since his Blackburn days imo.

Pulis built them up from nothing in the Championship and lead them to an FA Cup Final and Europa League campaign

It was largely still Pulis' team for a few years under Hughes before they started splashing the cash and stagnated then regressed imo

Hasn't done anything since his Blackburn days imo.

In Hughes' first season he brought in Arnautovic, Pieters, and Muniesa, and got rid of Delap, Whitehead, Pennant, and Jones. The following year he brought in Bojan, Diouf, and others.

You can keep saying he hasn't done anything since Blackburn, and you'll keep being wrong.

Hughes turned over their squad and brought in more attacking, creative players. And while doing that he took them to their highest ever position and then backed that up for a further two years while regenerating the squad.

Remove this Banner Ad

2018/19 English Football Predictions

Remove this Banner Ad

Back