News 2018 General AFL Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Well i hope it doesn't miss as i live very close to the G
So it might take out Collingwood, West Coast AND Risky?

That's what I call a Win/Win/Win

v47wv4.jpg

been at work a grand total of 59 minuets and im now upto my 4th instance of the WCE theme song being blasted through the office ... FMD this is going to be a LOOOOOOOONG week ....
st_trav……..that's akin to Chinese water torture.

What a f....d year for footy 2018 has been.

My two most despised teams are playing off in the GF. Their clubs financial status and supporter base just drips with arrogance, but demands sucess. For the first time ever I wont be watching the game.

A Hawthorn player they got in a ridiculously cheap trade, will win the Brownlow. Again after our year I have absolutely no interest in watching it.

Our team is again a disaster and continue to be lead to purgatory. No rays of sunshine ahead for the Saints just the same old, we always find a way to f..k things regardless of fortunes.

135 years of this (54 for me), you wonder how long the AFL can sustain such an under performing football club?

Go STORM - is the only thing worth while coming out of Melbourne these days.
I am very happy to be overseas right now. Can’t decide who I dislike more.

I am very happy to be overseas right now. Can’t decide who I dislike more.

Mate, you're not missing much. As the game gets closer I'm feeling less and less like watching it. Some years I don't give a shit who wins, this year I actively want both sides to lose.

You wouldn't believe it but i started dating this lovely italian lady about a month before the 2010 GF
Had to suck up the fact she was a filth supporter even though whenever the topic of footy in typical
Magpie fashion she became incredibly annoying! She pissed me off enough after the draw. but figured i
couldn't be that petty to let it affect the relationship!

Come the replay. Of course i was there with my usual crew, twas bad enough she was texting me incessantly during
the game but then the relentless taunting by text mind you straight after the horror left me proudly disgusted!

Suffice to say i vowed that night Never to see her again. lol...Proceeded to ignore the calls for the next couple of weeks
with each message getting more and more bitter and angry...lol....Really shouldn't be proud of it!

But you know what....I f#cking am!
Twas a bridge too far my fellow Saints peeps....So in the end i chose a dysfunctional painful tease of a footy club
over a fine woman!......All born out of my unadulterated hatred for that filth!

Now that's Fortius Quo Fidelius Mofo's!

You wouldn't believe it but i started dating this lovely italian lady about a month before the 2010 GF
Had to suck up the fact she was a filth supporter even though whenever the topic of footy in typical
Magpie fashion she became incredibly annoying! She pissed me off enough after the draw. but figured i

Come the replay. Of course i was there with my usual crew, twas bad enough she was texting me incessantly during
the game but then the relentless taunting by text mind you straight after the horror left me proudly disgusted!

Suffice to say i vowed that night Never to see her again. lol...Proceeded to ignore the calls for the next couple of weeks
with each message getting more and more bitter and angry...lol....Really shouldn't be proud of it!

Twas a bridge too far my fellow Saints peeps....So in the end i chose a dysfunctional painful tease of a footy club

Cho's before hoes.

The ladies on “On the Mark” on Fox are having a great discussion with Clarko. What I would give to have this guy as our coach.

The mind boggles that he has never been voted Coach of the Year.

Brother, if she couldn't work out watching your beloved Saints lose a Grand Final was emotionally crushing for you and rubbing your nose in it wasn't the best idea then you were best rid of her.
Peace.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My grandmother is a diehard Fitzroy supporter (now brisbane) and when she was a teenager her father was 100% adamant that if she or her sister brought home a filthy Collingwood supporter they would be turfed out of home right there and then.

That was a shitty thing for her to do anyway, youre better off.

Good on Moana Hope for walking out of that meeting. What an arse that guy is. You can be critical of the game, but there's a time and a place and a way of being supportive at the same time.
In his world, with his suggestions being followed through, if Moana wants to play with a full sized ball, wants to tackle and play aussie rules as we know it, what would Malthouse have her do?
Because the reality is, in his world she'd be told "Bad luck. You can't. Because you're a girl". Which is exactly what she's fighting with all the other girls having a crack at the moment.
It's totally OK for him to think that, but to say it the way he did with her sitting right there is the behaviour of the arse we know him as and he's got a fine track record of that.
A lot of these ex players and coaches think they're some kind of guardians or gatekeepers of the game. Would love it if they disappeared quietly and took Tony Abbott with them when they do.
There you go, my soapbox moment of the morning. Get stuffed Mick.

Bailey Rice in GF sprint???
We're struggling aren't we.

Can't Nathan Wright do it before he cleans out his locker?
McKanzie?
Webster?

We've sent in players with no chance recently. Was it Sam Gilbert one year?
Ever since Rhys Stanley its like we're not trying.

Can't Nathan Wright do it before he cleans out his locker?
McKanzie?
Webster?
We've sent in players with no chance recently. Was it Sam Gilbert one year?
Ever since Rhys Stanley its like we're not trying.
Miles one it the year after Stanley but other than that we have entered useless players as everyone is off on holiday. Think clint jones ran it in his retirement year?

A Port supporter girl did the exact same thing to me after they beat us in that prelim.
Same result...

Bailey Rice in GF sprint???
We're struggling aren't we.

We could have held off the Connellan delisting until after the sprint. Tanking again.

Good on Moana Hope for walking out of that meeting. What an arse that guy is. You can be critical of the game, but there's a time and a place and a way of being supportive at the same time.
In his world, with his suggestions being followed through, if Moana wants to play with a full sized ball, wants to tackle and play aussie rules as we know it, what would Malthouse have her do?
Because the reality is, in his world she'd be told "Bad luck. You can't. Because you're a girl". Which is exactly what she's fighting with all the other girls having a crack at the moment.
It's totally OK for him to think that, but to say it the way he did with her sitting right there is the behaviour of the arse we know him as and he's got a fine track record of that.
A lot of these ex players and coaches think they're some kind of guardians or gatekeepers of the game. Would love it if they disappeared quietly and took Tony Abbott with them when they do.
There you go, my soapbox moment of the morning. Get stuffed Mick.
Really? He's literally come out and said she misconstrued it and that he thinks they should change some of the rules in AFLW to better suit women. I don't think it's sexist to say footy is a man's game, that's why AFLW has been so incredibly low scoring historically because they can't kick quite as far or run quite as fast. I think Malthouse could've said what he meant better but just walking out of a discussion because you disagree with someone is childish imo.

Remove this Banner Ad

News 2018 General AFL Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back