News 2018 General AFL Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Yesssss! Makes you wonder what rock Richo had him hiding under for
the rest of the year! Crafty by the Richo man.
Not wanting to display our hand to early!
Master at playing mind games is our Richo!
Lulling the oppo into a false sense of security he is
then after his 15th contract extension in the
year 2050 he will pounce!

Genius!
That’s my boy!

Just on Tim Kelly:

“It’s not just a homesickness issue, there are issues within his family and with his kids, which make it an absolute priority to get home."

If it was such a priority to get home he'd accept playing at Fremantle...

Same with Dayne Beams needing to get to Collingwood for "personal reasons" because his wife's family are from Victoria.

The players having power like this is yet weight against an "equal" competition.

Just on Tim Kelly:

“It’s not just a homesickness issue, there are issues within his family and with his kids, which make it an absolute priority to get home."

Same with Dayne Beams needing to get to Collingwood for "personal reasons" because his wife's family are from Victoria.

The players having power like this is yet weight against an "equal" competition.

Spot on.
If a player has to break a contract to go home, it should be to the state of choice, not a club. The current club should be able to get the best deal for a contracted player they are losing.

The players have got their way with free agency, it’s now up to the afl to protect the interests of the clubs.

Beams shows exactly what can go wrong with a trade.
Lions paid an arm and a leg for him, and got barely one decent season out of him. Even then it was nothing like his 2012 season.
What's he worth now?
At his age, what Collingwood are offering is probably about it. BUT..
Because of what they previously had to give up, and because of his failure to perform , Lions are feeling pretty ripped off.
I think I'd be taking a tough stance with him.
Stay and be an AFL player Dayne, or go home and retire. We have a contract, and the chickenfeed we get for you leaving isn't worth it.

Still as incapable as ever of making a logical, dispassionate argument. You're all the same, when you can't outwit someone just resort to insults.

I'll give you another chance though. Exactly how is it different comparing how women play other sports as opppsed to men with how women play football as opposed to men?
shutup jerry

Just on Tim Kelly:

simple really the family issue is Tim's family want him to play for WCE ...
the personal reason Beams wants to play for collingwood is because he personally prefers them ....

That's not the reason. Fremantle are undesirable due to who they have at the club and how they manage players.

I could say more but it's not worth it.

Sometimes you livelihood and well-being is more important than an extra $200k a year and early relocation.
simple really the family issue is Tim's family want him to play for WCE ...
the personal reason Beams wants to play for collingwood is because he personally prefers them ....

That's not the reason. Fremantle are undesirable due to who they have at the club and how they manage players.

Sometimes you livelihood and well-being is more important than an extra $200k a year and early relocation.

All those poor kids who get drafted by Fremantle then.
West Coast should do the right thing and cough up a fair trade.

i think your missing the tongue in cheek aspect in my post ...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wonder how many community groups they will offend in the first episode.
that would be the only reason anyone would be tuning in ... to see what outrage they will cause by eppisode two they will realise that thats the only way they will get veiwers so they will push the boundaries too far and the executives will get antsy .. by epp three everyone will see through the manufactured shock factor and will look for something else to watch

Seriously though.. how’d big Mummy be walking out for breakfast this morning and everyone just getting that video..
2d5q2c.jpg

so i read that channel 9 are thinking of doing a varriety chat show hosted by Sam Newman and Shane Warne.....
ill give it 3 episodes before its replaced with repeates of the Big Bang Theory...
I like Warnie well enough. I dont think he has ever really done anything bad by or said anything bad about anyone but Sam Newman really just needs to ****ing retire and let it go.

You'd think that , but its Freo.

Actually think that Freo will finish bottom 4 , Neale a huge loss , Mundy another year older ,
Sandilands , Ballantyne ...done, relying on Brayshaw & Cerra to carry midfield .
Tag Fyfe out of the game ...they are in huge trouble for mine.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

News 2018 General AFL Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back