2018 Music

Remove this Banner Ad

I have to say, Rolling Blackouts Coastal Fever are really impressing me. Just keep pumping out bangers, and the two singles they've put out for this upcoming album might be their best stuff yet:

Really digging the new Michael Seyer album:

Also really looking forward to the new Good Morning album. Didn't know how they would go with a full album, but they've managed to keep all of the singles interesting so far:

The Delicates continue to impress me too:

Great album. Perfect 80s feel soundtrack

To be honest, this album disappointed me a bit compared to their last two (and Women's second album). After reading into the new album a bit, it seemed kind of like a test as to how dark and sinister their music could be, which kind of came at the price of experimentation (i.e. songs like Memory and Death). Espionage, Solace and Compliance are all great tracks though.

To be honest, this album disappointed me a bit compared to their last two (and Women's second album). After reading into the new album a bit, it seemed kind of like a test as to how dark and sinister their music could be, which kind of came at the price of experimentation (i.e. songs like Memory and Death). Espionage, Solace and Compliance are all great tracks though.
It's so different to the other stuff. I love the darkish music

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone else think the Iceage album is really good? Great pace to every song and smart but natural flow to the album itself. Feels very Australiana, dry and arid and Nick Cave in a different guise in every song. But it’s great. Elias’s English is getting better so no shock his poetry and comedy is too.

Really looking forward to Beach House and Arctic Monkeys this weekend. Going to have a few beers and hear those on Friday night.

Thoughts on the Cullen Omori single?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Yeah Iceage's got my early aoty.

Everything kicks in from the opener, more adventurous, more overdubs than what they've done in the past. The Nick Cave comparisons have always existed, Plowing especially, but I didn't bother looking at it like that especially when the Marching Church one are more easily made.

Great live, even if it is very clearly 'a performance', and they always manage to do something off script with their venues. Three-nights at an old LA stripclub? Yeah, why not.

Before the new album, the only Iceage song I had heard was The Lord’s Favourite, but I’m liking the new album a ton. It sounds and feels polished, but it’s still got a nastiness to it. Good stuff.

Remove this Banner Ad

2018 Music

Remove this Banner Ad

Back