2018 PODs

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I watched him closely in AFLX and he was woeful disposing of the ball and very outside.

Cannot honestly see him getting to many games with Port pushing for a top 4 spot this season with a loaded midfield already.
Lolz Poort
...and Chips too...oh and a Dim Sim.:p:fish:

Tom Papley anyone?

... anyone?

Will get more mid time and has done a full preseason unlike last year.

I think he will improve in points but I think he might be in that nagging 88-92 range but he is on the watchlist.

Hi guys i put my heart and soul into this video on ultra pods, I hope its some help

Nice work :)

Props for the Harry Styles pic of Neale, I am considering him over Foif.

You might be onto something with Roughead, he is certainly worth a look IMO

Will get more mid time and has done a full preseason unlike last year.

I think he will improve in points but I think he might be in that nagging 88-92 range but he is on the watchlist.

Nice work :)

Props for the Harry Styles pic of Neale, I am considering him over Foif.

You might be onto something with Roughead, he is certainly worth a look IMO

Thanks mate. :)

Like Roughy a lot, currently my F2.

Better options out there IMO. I rate him as a player, but would be looking elsewhere for SC.
He's a good price as a DEF .....what are your thoughts on his season's prospects ...play midfield, best 22 ?

He's a good price as a DEF .....what are your thoughts on his season's prospects ...play midfield, best 22 ?

Ooh, didn't realise he was DEF (why?). How low is his price?

I think he's definitely best 22 if fit. I think he'll rotate through the guts and both flanks. Played a bit off the half back flank steak the end of last year and our midfield depth is pretty strong.

I think he's definitely best 22 if fit. I think he'll rotate through the guts and both flanks. Played a bit off the half back flank steak the end of last year and our midfield depth is pretty strong.
316k def

$316K ......DEF/MID player ......great value !

Yeah the DEF DPP makes it a whole different ball game. Weird call from SC but a pleasant one!
agree .....just can he string games together & play midfield ......why didn't Brayshaw play today ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From reading the Melbourne board, Brayshaw is struggling to keep up with the young guns and is near last in the fitness stuff.
Strange ? ....with his concussions, did that affect his Aeorobic work at training ? .....wouldn't have thought so ?

Sicily next? :p
tenor.gif

Riding the David Armitage bandwagon at the moment. Coming back from a long lay off worries me but at $310,100 he is priced averaging 70 which he has only done back in 2011. Think he should firmly pass that and average somewhere in the mid > high 80's in a team crying out for inside ball winners.

His full years before an injury stricken 2017 saw him never average less than 86 which I would take from a player priced to average 70.

Worth a punt? I think so and a player who very well could be a keeper if everything goes well.

Another POD I am giving consideration to is Brandon Ellis. Mr Consistent who has gone 96.9, 100.3, 85.4 and returned to 91.4 last year. With him moving into his prime and the players not there in the top echelon of top priced Supercoach defenders he is one who looks good value. 6 x 100+, 6 x 90+ is the plus side, the downside? 6 x -70, 7 x 70 - 90 scores. Was a somewhat down year for him so one would hoping he can return to his 2016 form.

Riding the David Armitage bandwagon at the moment. Coming back from a long lay off worries me but at $310,100 he is priced averaging 70 which he has only done back in 2011. Think he should firmly pass that and average somewhere in the mid > high 80's in a team crying out for inside ball winners.

His full years before an injury stricken 2017 saw him never average less than 86 which I would take from a player priced to average 70.

Worth a punt? I think so and a player who very well could be a keeper if everything goes well.

Another POD I am giving consideration to is Brandon Ellis. Mr Consistent who has gone 96.9, 100.3, 85.4 and returned to 91.4 last year. With him moving into his prime and the players not there in the top echelon of top priced Supercoach defenders he is one who looks good value. 6 x 100+, 6 x 90+ is the plus side, the downside? 6 x -70, 7 x 70 - 90 scores. Was a somewhat down year for him so one would hoping he can return to his 2016 form.
Did i read the other day, St Kilda looking to play Armitage primarily as a FWD ? .....may impact his scoring, which historically was as a Mid ?

Did i read the other day, St Kilda looking to play Armitage primarily as a FWD ? .....may impact his scoring, which historically was as a Mid ?

That would seem a strange choice if they did. Here is a quote I found.

Armitage is eying a return to the engine room this year, but given the Saints’ improved midfield depth, the Queenslander expects all of the clubs midfielders to play multiple roles in 2018.

“I feel like we’ve got huge depth in the midfield now so we’re aiming to have a lot more flexibility this year and run really deep,” he said.

“Seb Ross won the best and fairest, Luke Dunstan is coming on, Jack Steven, Koby Stevens, Jack Steele, the list goes on.

“We just want to get a bit of movement through the midfield, go out to a wing, to half-forward.”

Even if he were to play forward, we should still expect to see him score that mid 80's which would be fine enough for me. Sprinkle those scores in with the odd 100 and you just need to upgrade at the right time.

As I have been a huge advocate of JOM, having Armitage is a closer step to a Matt Crouch than a Dylan Shiel.

I'd avoid Armo. His back is f****d and he's no guarantee to even get a game if fit, let alone play the same midfield minutes that he previously has for his 90 odd average. Personally don't think he's best 22.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back