Prediction 2018 Rising Star

Remove this Banner Ad

i think if he didn't get it for tagging Hall to 5 touches then they clearly wont be giving it for any tagging performance

The less sexy players get their noms at back end of the season. He'll get one.

Pretty big wraps from Lyon to entrust such a young and inexperienced player with a tagging role responsible for some of the best in the game. Will be interesting to see how they surely try to transition his game into a more attacking in his own right as has the attributes to be a significant ball winner and playmaker himself.

The less sexy players get their noms at back end of the season. He'll get one.

Getting a bit of love in the media as he should, don't think it will be all that far off if he keeps it going.

Pretty big wraps from Lyon to entrust such a young and inexperienced player with a tagging role responsible for some of the best in the game. Will be interesting to see how they surely try to transition his game into a more attacking in his own right as has the attributes to be a significant ball winner and playmaker himself.

Getting a bit of love in the media as he should, don't think it will be all that far off if he keeps it going.

He'll be gun in the same way Blakely is. Such a natural footballer. Connor also did a bit of tagging before he got sent to defense.

Stephenson leading it so far on the back of the comfortably best performance from a Rising Star this year for me.

Doedee, Banfield, Bonner, Witherden round out my 5 currently on the year so far.

Higgins and Cerra closing but need the extra games
English and Murray on the heels too.

Witherdon by a country mile.

Higgins kicks goals for sure but does nothing else. He is a younger Josh Green.

Higgins is a midfielder playing forward. Green is barely a footballer.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Will never make it as a midfielder. Watched him shirk three contests yesterday.

Will be a very valuable forward goal sneak for you guy but will only ever be the cream on top of the cake.
yea-k.gif

Coffield... maybe biased but he's been very consistent this season, averaging around 17-19 possessions. He just needs that one game, where he goes off!

I mean, Witherden is averaging 24 disposals on 81%. Leading our metres gained by 600 metres already and our marks by 10. He’s also third in the team for intercept possessions. I feel like he should get a nomination soon and still should be the favourite.

I mean, Witherden is averaging 24 disposals on 81%. Leading our metres gained by 600 metres already and our marks by 10. He’s also third in the team for intercept possessions. I feel like he should get a nomination soon and still should be the favourite.
Alex deserves all the praise and it's reward for his exciting form but Coff is a first year player who has no previous AFL experience compared to Alex who has 9 very decent AFL games in 2017 and a full preseason. Alex also spend a large amount of time in the seconds before making his debut, so he had much more time to build his fitness, form and getting used to mature bodies before entering the 22.

Alex has far more advantages, then compared to 2017 draftees. But if he wins, I won't be disappointed kids a gun.

Doedee’s been the most impressive so far. Still heaps of time for others to make a case
Doedee's stats looked great the other night, but all four of Isaac Heeney's contested marks were won over him. He's a good interceptor who goes back well with the flight of the ball but he can still be a liability defensively. Which there is absolutely nothing wrong with for a 3rd year player with less than half a dozen games of senior AFL experience. But he'll drop down the rankings once teams work him out kinda like they have done for Lever.

You've got to get lucky with the selectors having their quoted "one or two games a week" being the one that the junior is playing in.

20% of our nominations in the last 10 years have come from Western Derbies, 20% from games against Carlton, 20% from games against Essendon, 20% against Brisbane, 10% from games that almost break established records (Luke Ryan).

50% from the last 3 weeks of the season - which is where the statistically performing get thrown a bone after their best games are overlooked for a nomination earlier in the year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Prediction 2018 Rising Star

Remove this Banner Ad

Back