Prediction 2018 Rising Star

Remove this Banner Ad

Very pleasantly surprised by this one, but great recognition for Longy, who had an excellent game and was huge for us in the last quarter, with not just THAT goal, but also some other crucial plays (including in that final play) and his defensive pressure was immense.

It's not just the 8 tackles, but the way he tackles and how hard he hits. He's got that rare balance between being as hard as nails, but with class, smarts and skill to go with it. Has been one of the few positives for us this year and getting better and better by the week.

I'm okay with it - Witherden already has a nomination so let another kid have it, no biggie
It's a biggie if he wants to win the whole thing. Which he would surely be right up there in the odds.

Still he s got plenty of time to get one. Whenever there's a slow week they will prob chuck im in as a "body of work" nomination

Surprised how hard the skinny campaigner is for his size and his age.

He doesn’t just tackle blokes, he crunches them.

Plenty of skill about him too, which showed in his last qtr goal.

I’ll admit I was confused when we read our his name on draft night, but I’m stoked with the pick now.
My immediate reaction was that we'd pulled a Boekhorst!

Doedee's stats looked great the other night, but all four of Isaac Heeney's contested marks were won over him. He's a good interceptor who goes back well with the flight of the ball but he can still be a liability defensively. Which there is absolutely nothing wrong with for a 3rd year player with less than half a dozen games of senior AFL experience. But he'll drop down the rankings once teams work him out kinda like they have done for Lever.
Heeney is an exceptional one on one player and a great contested mark so I would be expecting him to get the better of a 5 gamer. Everything I’ve seen of doedee over the 5 weeks says that yes he’s a great interceptor, but he’s also very good one on one and is very cool with ball in hand.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Morrison played out of his skin last night. Easily one of our best alongside Smith, Mitchell and Breust.

If he can string a few more games like last night together he will be well and truely in the race.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Simpkin: 22 (15 contested), 7 score involvements, 5 tackles, 5 intercepts, 3 clearances and 1 goal.

Whoops sorry, he played 3 games too many last year. Better give the award to a 21 year old bloke.

Waterman from the Eagles got it lads, surprised as I watched the game and didn’t think he stood out must’ve been a quieter week for young fellas then usual

Waterman from the Eagles got it lads, surprised as I watched the game and didn’t think he stood out must’ve been a quieter week for young fellas then usual
Agree. did some nice things but wasn't having a huge impact. Certainly deserved to pick up a nomination when taking his season into consideration though. Extremely smart player. Reminds me of Mitch McGovern in his rookie year

Remove this Banner Ad

Prediction 2018 Rising Star

Remove this Banner Ad

Back