Prediction 2018 Rising Star

Remove this Banner Ad

Didn't think he did much , Rayner way better even in a losing team

I thought Rayner would probably get it, though his performance was good this week, rather than outstanding.

Florent's nomination is for consistency. He's been getting around 20 possessions a week for several weeks now. His impact has probably been a little more in other games but I don't think it's true that he didn't do much.

Rayner must be overdue one for consistently good efforts too.

Florent will be a sneaky chance to win it this year. Really starting to play mature footy now and is getting noticed at the right time of the year

I rate the kid and with Hayward they could be stars of the comp
I think it shows what good development coaches you have and we could take a few tips from you guys
With luck he plays most of the season and could be a chance at the award if he lifts his scoreboard impact but I dont place too much importance on the award as not many first and second year players play enough games and many are still developing case 1 Rhys Palmer

It’s pretty dumb how a player can get two nominations. Witherden shouldn’t need to get a nomination this year to be eligible because he already received one last year. Anyone agree?

I like it as it is now. Not as if Witherden will stop players getting one, as it is the last 3-4 rounds are fill ins.

The whole round-by-round nomination system is wank. After each round, the panel should compile a 5-4-3-2-1 vote on the top performers of the week. Somebody like Cam Rayner would be on a fair few votes despite having no nomination thus far.

The whole round-by-round nomination system is wank. After each round, the panel should compile a 5-4-3-2-1 vote on the top performers of the week. Somebody like Cam Rayner would be on a fair few votes despite having no nomination thus far.

I agree that it would be a preferable system. It would actually reward the player who has played most consistently over the season, rather than it becoming a media driven popularity contest, largely influenced by form in the back end of the season. If they want to have a weekly celebration of a player each week, they could still publish a nomination, being the player with the highest cumulative votes not yet nominated. That wouldn't give away any information about the leader board, other than in the first week or two or the season and that's not relevant by the end of the season.

Rayner's still an excellent chance to take out this year's award despite the fact he's not yet been nominated. He will be - sooner rather than later - and his performances thus far will factor into the non-objective voting come end of year.

It’s pretty dumb how a player can get two nominations. Witherden shouldn’t need to get a nomination this year to be eligible because he already received one last year. Anyone agree?

Not really. Easy to have just a clear age and games guideline on what constitutes a Rising Star and leave it.

Cameron Rayner will get the nomination this week with a match winning performance v the Bombers today. He has been pretty consistent this year and shown some outstanding glimpses of what he is going to produce as he matures.

#gun

Cameron Rayner will get the nomination this week with a match winning performance v the Bombers today. He has been pretty consistent this year and shown some outstanding glimpses of what he is going to produce as he matures.

#gun
Lock this in
We dont handle small forwards well
Unless McGrath goes to him

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I rate the kid and with Hayward they could be stars of the comp
I think it shows what good development coaches you have and we could take a few tips from you guys
With luck he plays most of the season and could be a chance at the award if he lifts his scoreboard impact but I dont place too much importance on the award as not many first and second year players play enough games and many are still developing case 1 Rhys Palmer

Sydneys development is just incredible. I dont think it really matters what draft picks they have. They find what they are looking for and almost immediately turn them into strong contributers to the team. It helps having such a strong spread of age groups and talent, but they are clearly doing something right.

#gun
Cerra just had 30 touches and Cox 4 goals in a win over the Crows. The nom is heading to WA this weekend.

Remove this Banner Ad

Prediction 2018 Rising Star

Remove this Banner Ad

Back