2018 Rolling All Australian Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pendles must be a lock too then? Going at 80% efficiency, which is higher than Higgins.

It’s not just DE%, Higgins is number 1 in the comp for inside 50’s (averaging 1.5 per game more than Pendlebury which is significant), and there’s no one you’d prefer to have the ball going inside 50 this year than Higgins.

OK folks, honeymoon is over. Let's stop pretending Dangerfield isn't in.

I still wouldn't have hi in. He's 39th in the goalkicking if we're picking him as a half forward. Can't pick him as a pure mid as plenty have had a better season than him.

His disposal/goal stats aren't that far off Parker / I.Smith / Zorko and I wouldn't be picking them either.

Its blatantly obvious he meant 16 and 17 not 17 and 18.
As we know the 2018 medal hasnt been presented yet.

I get that you dont like him and he stuffed up, but you're making an absolute fool of yourself believing he meant what you initially thought.
Lol no he realised he cooked it and he probably still believes danger17>martin17 when its not true , the hate towards richmond in the main board is hilarious hahah , so many excuses keep the salt coming

Lol no he realised he cooked it and he probably still believes danger17>martin17 when its not true , the hate towards richmond in the main board is hilarious hahah , so many excuses keep the salt coming
It's true.

Lol ok some random posting a blog on a random website yawn, dustys 2017 was better than dangers 2016 that is fact. Dustys 2017 was one of the best individual years of all time due to what he won and what he did to make us win it all. That is fact. Again name me a player that won the brownlow normsmith bandf mvp and premiership in one year. Best year of all time ? You guys debate that

Lol ok some random posting a blog on a random website yawn, dustys 2017 was better than dangers 2016 that is fact. Dustys 2017 was one of the best individual years of all time due to what he won and what he did to make us win it all. That is fact. Again name me a player that won the brownlow normsmith bandf mvp and premiership in one year. Best year of all time ? You guys debate that
Haha keep living in delusional land, this comes from a reputable player rating method and was actually published in the Herald sun

Couldn't tell you any of Gawn's stats today without looking them up. May have had 30 hit outs, may have had 80. What I do know is that watching in the second half he destroyed anyone the Dogs sent into the centre square to compete with him. Was getting first hand to everything and setting up attack after attack. Gun.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Couldn't tell you any of Gawn's stats today without looking them up. May have had 30 hit outs, may have had 80. What I do know is that watching in the second half he destroyed anyone the Dogs sent into the centre square to compete with him. Was getting first hand to everything and setting up attack after attack. Gun.
sums him up. Big Max makes us as 3-4 goal better team on an average week.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

If a golfer won all four majors but none of Johnson, Fowler, Day, McIlroy, Spieth or Michelson played any of them, would it be considered a greater performance than someone winning 3 majors and finishing third in another, with all those players playing all of them?

While of course the medals, awards and trophies someone wins in a given year are certainly worthy of recognition, all they prove is what someone ACHIEVED, not the level they actually produced.

Hell, make me an argument, ANY argument that Serena Williams has had a better singles career than Roger Federer or Rafael Nadal, even when she's won more slams than both.
You can't, because she hasn't. Federer has won 20 slams in an era when his two biggest rivals have won almost 30 between them. Williams own sister has been her only real rival and she's won 7.

So did Martin achieve as much as anyone in a single season in history? Absolutely. That's indisputable.
Can you mount an argument that others have had better? most definitely

Brownlow chance for Maxy or does Oliver and co steal votes from him?
It is such an even year that anyting could happen.

There is a solid argumentthat Gawn has been the number 1 player in the league this year.

But if the brownlow was correct Ablett would have 5 so who knows..... Plus Olivrr has been damn good too

Another BOG for big Maxy today.

Hogan and Oliver also top 5 on the ground

Not hard for any half decent ruckman to have a ripper against the dogs though!

If a golfer won all four majors but none of Johnson, Fowler, Day, McIlroy, Spieth or Michelson played any of them, would it be considered a greater performance than someone winning 3 majors and finishing third in another, with all those players playing all of them?

While of course the medals, awards and trophies someone wins in a given year are certainly worthy of recognition, all they prove is what someone ACHIEVED, not the level they actually produced.

Hell, make me an argument, ANY argument that Serena Williams has had a better singles career than Roger Federer or Rafael Nadal, even when she's won more slams than both.
You can't, because she hasn't. Federer has won 20 slams in an era when his two biggest rivals have won almost 30 between them. Williams own sister has been her only real rival and she's won 7.

So did Martin achieve as much as anyone in a single season in history? Absolutely. That's indisputable.
Can you mount an argument that others have had better? most definitely
did you even read what i said? best year of all time? up to your opinion, but it is defs oneof the best of all time, because NOONE has done it. jesus, not that hard to comprehend

Brownlow chance for Maxy or does Oliver and co steal votes from him?
Ruckman brownlow. Come on now.
It'd go to Mitchell and his ineffective disposals.

Ruckman brownlow. Come on now.
It'd go to Mitchell and his ineffective disposals.

You must mean "influential" disposals, cause Mitchell's rate of "effective" disposals is ridiculously high.... last week he had 50 possession and two errors.

get it right

did you even read what i said? best year of all time? up to your opinion, but it is defs oneof the best of all time, because NOONE has done it. jesus, not that hard to comprehend

Did you read what I said?

Yes, I acknowledged that no one has done it, but winning a selection of awards, seems to be what you used to support your claim that 'dusty's 2017 was better than Danger's 2016 - that is FACT' (your words not mine).

What makes his 2017 year BETTER? I know he achieved more. He won a flag. He won a Norm Smith. But what made his year better?

I'm nt saying it wasn't, by the way. But the titles and medals aren't what decide that. If they were, Shane Woewodin's Brownlow year where the Dees made a grand final would have been better than Ablett's second Brownlow year where he didn't even make the finals.

You must mean "influential" disposals, cause Mitchell's rate of "effective" disposals is ridiculously high.... last week he had 50 possession and two errors.

get it right
No I know what I meant. Dare say most others do too.
You'll figure it out, champ.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back