2018 Rucks

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bit of diff in talent level between those two?
there is a difference between talent and hard work/development.

nothing to say that Flynn hasnt come on really quickly, especially since he has had Mummy mentoring him.

not saying Grundy hasnt worked hard, but having Mummy as a mentor would be the best to see what hard work is.

Hurn would make a good ruck if he was ****in RUCK selectable. Stupid campaigner data
We'll be right...:thumbsu:

We have the Beast formally known as Nicholas...

Look at the size of him...:eek::eek: Those arms...:straining::straining:

Its looks like Motlop is getting no turtles this preseason, Nic has cleaned out the IndioPacific FFS!! :hearts: :rainbow:

upload_2017-12-9_15-10-47.png

Grundy will be rubbish with Cox in the team. You should try and pull some stats on his scoring when Cox is in the team versus Cox not in the team. I reckon you'll toss him pretty quickly once you see it.
He averages about 20 less with Cox in the side. I’d be staying well away from Grundy.

We'll be right...:thumbsu:

We have the Beast formally known as Nicholas...

Look at the size of him...:eek::eek: Those arms...:straining::straining:

Its looks like Motlop is getting no turtles this preseason, Nic has cleaned out the IndioPacific FFS!! :hearts: :rainbow:

View attachment 443631
He will be right.
Gonna go full beast mode in 2018

With 99% of teams going Gawn/Nicnat is anyone here going to go someone else for a POD?
Would love a POD for Gawn, just no one else saying pick me at the moment.
Hoping a few cheaper options become viable closer to the start of the season.
Hoping for at least a very cheap playing R3, like Cameron, as r/f doesnt seem viable this year so far.

With 99% of teams going Gawn/Nicnat is anyone here going to go someone else for a POD?
If Gawn and Naitanui go through the year unscathed they could easily finish top 2 scoring rucks.
The only one I see going close is Ryder and maybe Kruezer but expect him to have some sort of injury.

Grundy with Cox and Martin with Archie are ****ing worthless, Sandi and Sauce are dinosaurs who rely on HTA.
Doesn't leave a lot to try and be different.

Grigg didn't get M/R, screw SC 2018.:mad:

818.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All depends how durable Nic Nat is. Everyone will have Gawn, so if he goes down, no-one is disadvantaged.

I have Gawn and Jacobs. Have 100k+ to fiddle around with so probably should go Paddy, although pricey. Jacobs & Ryder have been very durable, a big plus. At the moment English as R3. He may get occasional games.

Stef Martin looks pricey with Archie Smith lurking. Goldstein a possibility if he has rediscovered his zest. A fresh Nank could score well up until the bye. Grundy with Cox a no for me.

Keeffe is a horrendous ruckman. 18th in line behind Toby Greene. KPD is his only real position imo.
Thanks, you saved me making a post.

Shit, that didn't work out that well did it.:(:D

Why do you think GWS drafted him ? ......wouldn't have thought GWS need a KPP?
Down back is the only position that he has looked anywhere near decent at. He struggled at training to ruck against the padded bag. If GWS think they can make a ruckman out of him, good luck to them. Personally, I struggle to see him getting games at all unless they have dire injuries

Down back is the only position that he has looked anywhere near decent at. He struggled at training to ruck against the padded bag. If GWS think they can make a ruckman out of him, good luck to them. Personally, I struggle to see him getting games at all unless they have dire injuries
De Goey going to play midfield this year .....more minutes i mean

De Goey going to play midfield this year .....more minutes i mean
II think natural progression says he does. Not sure what his issue at the moment is, but I've been down a couple times for a look and haven't seen him do much more than jog laps so far. I think he had some sort of hip clean up post season. If you're looking for more midfield minutes, expect them from Brayden Maynard. De Goey a watch for me re fitness.

II think natural progression says he does. Not sure what his issue at the moment is, but I've been down a couple times for a look and haven't seen him do much more than jog laps so far. I think he had some sort of hip clean up post season. If you're looking for more midfield minutes, expect them from Brayden Maynard. De Goey a watch for me re fitness.
Yep, Bucks even mentioned that the Maynataur would get mid mins this year.

Has really worked on his tank too. Drastically improved his 2k trial this year over last year.

I'm locking in Gawn 100%, unless something happens to him during the preseason

R2 undecided, have NicNat in at the moment, but I'm scared he'll be given the occasional interstate trip off

Big Boy McEvoy averaged 96 and pumped out 11 tons in 2017. I'm not considering him but could be a half decent POD if someone is looking outside the box
Need to see what happens with Ceglar coming back before locking Big Boy in. Career best year last year and if rucking with someone O'BRIEN then you would expect more of rhe same. Nice POD.

Think I may end up with Gawn/ NicNat/ Flynn with Cox as a F/R. If Cox gets regular games, as Buckley has said, then I have cover for either ruck not playing. Maybe save 6k by substituting a cheaper R/F for Flynn. I know they are called Giants but Lobb/ Patton/ Cameron as forwards plus a dedicated ruck seems overkill to me. Also Lobb seems to relish being No 1 ruck.

Cox is expensive backup but if Gawn misses a game or so he may be gold. Hopefully his average can push up with regular game time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back