Winter 2018 Winter Olympics - PyeongChang [9 Feb - 25 Feb]

Remove this Banner Ad

I'll never forget the approx 90 seconds of her career I've watched over 12+ years.
No one will forget the scream when she did her knee in 2006. Still sends shivers down my spine

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hardcore

http://www.news.com.au/sport/winter...e/news-story/87d78391843e359fdf5cdbe8493e397d

AUSTRIAN snowboarder Markus Schairer quest for Olympic gold was cut short after he broke his neck in a horrible fall during the men’s snowboard cross quarterfinals Thursday.

As he descended from a jump, Schairer’s board started to tilt upward and as he came closer to the ground, he landed with all momentum on his back. In a slow-motion video, his head snaps back and hits the ground before goggles fly off from his mask and he laid for a few moments on the ground. Somehow, he returned to his feet and finished the heat.

Are 7 trying to convince everybody they should have all future olympics taken off them?

It’s like they are trying to self sabotage but don’t even know how to do it properly.

it's probably been mentioned here countless times, but the bullshit focus on replaying only aussie events, medalists and interviews with family members has really let down prime-time coverage. this is the only chance most folks can watch any actual events and they also have that tool McLaughlin with verbal diarrhoea.

i got to watch the mens downhill as i was home during the day. great contest. aussies are primarily snowboarders and freestylers, but the downhill is still the shit.

it's probably been mentioned here countless times, but the bullshit focus on replaying only aussie events, medalists and interviews with family members has really let down prime-time coverage. this is the only chance most folks can watch any actual events and they also have that tool McLaughlin with verbal diarrhoea.

i got to watch the mens downhill as i was home during the day. great contest. aussies are primarily snowboarders and freestylers, but the downhill is still the shit.

it would be fine if they used 7two or 7mate to show events instead of forcing people onto the shitty app, I tried to download it onto my ipad and it won't work because I haven't updated ios in ****ing ages so I got over it

Jacqui Cooper is actually a moron

Former Australian aerial skier Jacqui Cooper has slammed Olympic swimmer James Magnussen for suggesting the Winter Games are less cutthroat than the summer Olympics.

Magnussen — who was heavily criticised for failing to meet expectations at the 2012 London Olympics — said the Winter Games appeared much more relaxed and the public didn’t hold athletes to the same standards as during the summer Games.

“It seems to have a more laid back, relaxed feeling,” Magnussen said on Fox Sports program Bill & Boz on Wednesday night. “They’re listening to music during the event, they have sponsors on their boards.

“The (summer) Olympics is a super professional, super intense environment. None of that is allowed. You’re not expected to show personality or have fun. You’re there for one reason — and that is to win gold.

“They (winter athletes) take a different mental approach and as a result we the public and media judge them less harshly as we would a summer Olympian.

“If (bronze medal-winning snowboarder) Scotty James was a swimmer going into that event (halfpipe) as the world champion and expected to win, and he got bronze, how would we be reacting to that?”

But Cooper hit back, saying Magnussen might feel differently had he performed better in London.

“That is absolute rubbish,” she told Andy Maher on SEN Afternoons.

“(Scotty James) is not trying to boost his sponsors. That’s the board he uses and that’s what he’s got to do. That’s just part of his sport.

“Scotty James is not getting off lightly. Scotty James won a bronze medal yesterday and a bronze medal is a bronze medal.

“I think if James (Magnussen) won a bronze medal the night he was meant to win years ago, I think everyone would have celebrated.

“Scotty James does not have an ego. He’s a very nice guy, he’s really relaxed. He didn’t come into the game big-noting himself, he’s just a boy from Warrandyte out there to do Australia proud, wearing the uniform with pride.

“If we weren’t having a good go, we would be pretty harsh, but at the moment I think we’re tracking OK.”

He won a silver the night he was supposed to win the 100m free at the 2012 games

I wonder why the games are on during CNY. At face value you would have to think that CNY and Christmas would have to be the most significant schedule clashes. But maybe they think it will score them more viewers? With half of Asia off work?

I wonder why the games are on during CNY. At face value you would have to think that CNY and Christmas would have to be the most significant schedule clashes. But maybe they think it will score them more viewers? With half of Asia off work?
NBC

you don't want to clash with the NFL season.

Snowboarding without a ACL. That's tough or stupid.

Not really that uncommon for these athletes and many Moguls skiers also have had their ACL's removed due to constantly blowing out their knees.

Remove this Banner Ad

Winter 2018 Winter Olympics - PyeongChang [9 Feb - 25 Feb]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back