Fantasy 2019 - Empire League Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

BeinPurplenGreen Helfarch Raephix Dixie Flatline Blacky Dagless bgt2110 Bucking Beads peterbuch74 arakaan drd23 TheGreatBarryB shiny_on_top A11dAtP0w3R J Shuttlesworth GG.exe

--------------------

waiver wire has been set to open for SUNDAY AUGUST 4TH US ET at 6am
which translates to SATURDAY AUGUST 3RD AUS ET 8pm

That's when claims made before then will process for the first time. People can make claims now, but they won't process till then. They'll just sit there, waiting.

Anyway, how it works again is EVERY SINGLE NIGHT AROUND 8:00pm our time the site will automatically award players to people who made claims. Immediately after that, around 8:15pm, people can start making claims again which will be processed the following day at 8:00 pm.

Every single day of the week waivers process and new claims can be placed to process the following night.

REMEMBER....you NEED to ensure you have at least one player at every position between now and the start of the regular season, so that you can be able to submit a lineup. Failure to do so will earn my :(

RB/WR/TE is classed as one position. And all the other positions you need to have at least one player rostered.

Didn't think it would be as hard as i am finding it to cut $8m from my salary cap.

It's a pain in the arse isn't it? I had to give up Julio in a trade last year to make some room.

Then comes the season when injuries hit and you need to use waiver wire for replacements, only to find GG has signed everyone to 3 year deals and released them with two or more years left to run.

GG.exe i am not sure if i have paid the subs for this year. Can you please let me know.
i dont think anyone has yet. i havent asked yet. i will tonight make a post about it all. wait till then so i can first double check.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Blocking cause youre too stupid to understand what a salary dump is. Way to go. 👍

Apart from Brock who else has given a draft pick to take a player?

To all, remember first waivers will process Saturday, August 3rd, 8pm.
But between now and then, you can start putting in your waiver claims.
After August 3rd, waivers will process each and every night of the week, for the rest of the season, at 8pm every night, 7 days a week.

Raephix Dagless

Just a reminder about how to do Waiver Claims.

Waivers are done in "groups". You have eight maximum groups that you can populate.

If you want to claim 8 specific players, you put one player group 1, another player in group 2, etc up to group 8.

See screencap below of how that looks like...

screenshot-www65.myfantasyleague.com-2019.07.20-20-48-28.png

The other way to use "groups" is if you want to draft just one player from a specific position, another player from a specific position, etc.

Eg...

You want 1 QB, 1 RB, 2 WRs, 1 DT....but, you have a ton of possible choices in each position, and you just want to make sure you get one of them at least.

So in group 1, there might be 5 QBs you really like, so you put all five QBs in "group 1" and order them in preference.
In group 2, there might be 7 RBs you like, tho you only want one, so you put all 7 RBs in "group 2" and order them in preference.
In group 3, there might be 3 WRs you like, but you want TWO of them, so you put all 3 WRs in "group 3" and order them in preference, AND, you put all three WRs again in "group 4" and order it in preference.

What you do is first scroll/search for the player you want, click on his name so it's highlighted, then scroll the page a tiny bit down and you'll see a drop-down box asking you which GROUP you want to put this player in. By default it's ALWAYS set to Group 1. So make sure that when you save the first entry, and you go back to make a claim on another player, that you select another group before saving, if you intend to put them in another group.

So when waivers get processed, the site first looks in group 1 and elects you a player (if you won the claim), then it looks in group 2 and elects you a player (if you won the claim) etc.

Winning a claim is based on waiver wire order. Before the season starts, the waiver order is the draft order. So PB74 is 1st, and GG is last (because he won the Championship last year in case you didn't know).

When the season starts, after week 1, waivers constantly changes based on the lowest ranked franchise that week picking 1st and the highest ranked franchise that week picking last, each and every week.

If two or people elect the same player, the system will award the player to the team with the higher waiver order.

Another example of how it might process a claim....

In Group 1 PB74 puts 3 QBs in the following order: Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers, Drew Brees
In Group 1 GG puts 3 QBs in the following order: Tom Brady, Drew Brees, Aaron Rodgers

When the site processes the waivers, it looks in Group 1, sees that PB74 has Tom Brady 1st, and awards it to him because he's #1 waiver order.
Other people, ordered #2-#14 don't elect any QBs, other players, and the site awards them to them.
But Blacky (#15) has Aaron Rodgers as his only waiver claim for Group 1, so it gives it to him.
Then it looks in GG's Group 1 and sees that Tom Brady was already taken, keeps looking to see if he has anyone else listed in Group 1, sees that Drew Brees is still available, and awards it GG, it doesn't need to keep looking.

It just awards ONE player per GROUP. So you don't have to worry, it won't keep awarding you more players from that one group.

If by bad luck, GG's list of Group 1 players were all taken by other people who were higher on the waiver order, then GG misses out in Group 1. He doesn't get awarded anyone.

Then the site goes thru everyone's Group 2 lists, etc.

What are the in-season roster limits?
QB -- 3 active roster maximum, and 4 max total (including TAXI only, not IR).
So you could have 2 QBs active, and 2 in TAXI. Or, 3 active and 1 TAXI. Or 1 active and 3 TAXI.

RB/WR/TE -- 13 max total between them.

PK -- 2 maximum
PN -- 2 maximum
CB, S, LB, DE, DT -- 6 maximum each.

Total Active Roster -- 36 maximum
Taxi -- 9 maximum allowed (rookies only)
IR -- 9 maximum allowed (only actual IR designated and SSPN designated players can be placed here).

Remove this Banner Ad

Fantasy 2019 - Empire League Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back