Resource 2019 FINALS TICKET THREAD **MCG Sold Out! PRO live site on sale Wed morning**

Remove this Banner Ad

I wonder how many token GWS memberships were bought... this attempt between 3pm-5pm shortly will be a good indicator of how many real fans GWS have as surely all of their real members would be jumping at the opportunity to be gauranteed a Grand Final ticket... if there's a huge number of tickets left you'd think the AFL would have a bit of egg on their faces.

or there'll be heaps more tickets for neutrals who bought a token membership or there'll be heaps more tickets flood the scalping market if those token members don't actually want to go to the game.

The fact theyve included people who could've gone in ballot but didn't at 12pm means they must be forecasting that as at least a possibility.

I wonder if they'll release overnight how many tickets will be available??
I’m sure there will be a small number who can’t or don’t try to log on and get a ticket. Easy to register and sit back.
I’ll be at work so hope nothing stops me from logging in and getting some tickets.
I’ll kill anyone that books a meeting for 11 or walks up to discuss something at 10.55!!!!!!

I’m sure there will be a small number who can’t or don’t try to log on and get a ticket. Easy to register and sit back.
I’ll be at work so hope nothing stops me from logging in and getting some tickets.
I’ll kill anyone that books a meeting for 11 or walks up to discuss something at 10.55!!!!!!

Exactly. I mean, some priority 1 people were stupid enough to forget to enter the ballot!

- a priority 1 member who forgot to enter the ballot.

Go to the Ticketek website and see where your account number is listed.
The problem is non gws fans who bought memberships on the chance they could get cheap gf tickets
You had to list before the prelim and as the Pies were hot favourites, I doubt people purchased GWS memberships.

Hello, fellow Tigers fans! Qld resident, whats my best bet on trying to get a ticket? Do I look at buying a GWS membership? Thank you.

Guys, there's no point in whinging about it... The Giants have their allocation, and they've got every right to try and get as many of their fans in before they hand back any unsold tickets. Anyone who gets in off the back of unsold tickets has done well... I'm not even eligible for our ballot (32 years total member, but only the last 7 consecutive after missing three years due to personal matters) and have no chance either way. Every one has a story on why they deserve a chance, but the reality of it is there's plenty of us who'll miss out. My view on scalped tickets, as much as I hate it, if you can afford to shell out for one to get yourself in and you can justify it, then that's a personal call, I can't afford it so no point me getting upset about it.
What is pi$$ing me off is those who've been successful in the ballot complaining that they've got to sit on level 4... give me a spell, I'd sit in the back row of the Olympic if it meant being there.
Fact of the matter is, we've got more members at our great club than the biggest stadium in Australia can hold.
If you get in by whatever method be grateful that you're there... there's many who'd love the opportunity.
The club was giving dispensation for this a while ago and were prepared to list members for their total years. Ring them and they may adjust. Too late for this year but may bump you for next year.

I wonder how many token GWS memberships were bought... this attempt between 3pm-5pm shortly will be a good indicator of how many real fans GWS have as surely all of their real members would be jumping at the opportunity to be gauranteed a Grand Final ticket... if there's a huge number of tickets left you'd think the AFL would have a bit of egg on their faces.

or there'll be heaps more tickets for neutrals who bought a token membership or there'll be heaps more tickets flood the scalping market if those token members don't actually want to go to the game.
Not sure how neutrals and tiges supporters would have purchased a gws membership over the last few days as the gws website only advertised 2020 membership packages when I looked...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ive never been so confused...

i contacted the club because i want to upgrade my concession ticket to an adult ticket so i can give it to my dad (he missed out in 2017), and am being told that tickets "are not transferable or up-gradable". I replied saying so what about those who are on-selling tickets?...... the clubs reply was "they are doing so at their own risk" ....... but i thought you could sell tickets at face value?

Just not sure whats so bad about upgrading the ticket, ill be paying the difference lol

Hello, fellow Tigers fans! Qld resident, whats my best bet on trying to get a ticket? Do I look at buying a GWS membership? Thank you.
Ring GWS membership and ask if you buy a membership can you purchase a GF ticket with it. Don't tell them your a tiger. See what they've got to say.

Ive never been so confused...

i contacted the club because i want to upgrade my concession ticket to an adult ticket so i can give it to my dad (he missed out in 2017), and am being told that tickets "are not transferable or up-gradable". I replied saying so what about those who are on-selling tickets?...... the clubs reply was "they are doing so at their own risk" ....... but i thought you could sell tickets at face value?

Just not sure whats so bad about upgrading the ticket, ill be paying the difference lol

well for example I have 2 adult and 2 junior members. During the ballot, there were specific instructions that you could not upgrade. If that was not there, I would have got 3 adult tickets because 1 of my kids isn’t going.

So if it turns out I could have upgraded anyway, I would be a bit miffed (not really fussed either way though).

well for example I have 2 adult and 2 junior members. During the ballot, there were specific instructions that you could not upgrade. If that was not there, I would have got 3 adult tickets because 1 of my kids isn’t going.

So if it turns out I could have upgraded anyway, I would be a bit miffed (not really fussed either way though).

but i have a few posters in here saying they upgraded their tickets in 2017 when they picked them up at ticketek....

This is is difficult one for me ethically as an AFL Silver member (with Richmond club support).

Like I'm glad that this Richmond father & son are able to experience the Grand Final together (I was lucky enough to do that with my Dad in '17 by getting access to corporate tickets); but the way he's obtained his tickets through AFL Gold members with non-club support and paying for most of their 2020 AFL membership costs means it's creating a 'culture' where AFL Gold members will buy Grand Final tickets every year and sell them off to their friends.

This means that the waiting list to go from AFL Silver to AFL Gold will continue to slow [I'm currently in my 7th year of Silver membership; was told when I started in 2012 It'd be a 6-7 year wait and I'm still over 5,000 spaces back in the waiting list] meaning that Silver members with Richmond club support [people who actually barrack for the club] are missing out on the opportunity to buy Grand Final tickets because Gold members of any club can just buy them and scalp them off to their mates.

I'll be honest-- if this guy wasn't a Richmond supporter I'd be hoping that he & his son [who will stand out in the AFL section due to his age; with AFL gold membership being a 10-11 year wait at the moment] would get asked to provide AFL memberships at the gate on Saturday. I don't wish that would happen because the guy is a Tigers supporter; but the situation really frustrates me when a MATE of an AFL Gold member gets to go to the Grand Final, but an AFL Silver member with Richmond club support doesn't even get the opportunity.
Understandable frustration. Just an unfortunate reality of the system. I too am waiting for membership upgrades. Missed out in '17 and would have missed here if Collingwood didn't choke.
Saw an opportunity and took it. Anyone would do the same

Reposted - seat view can be found here (much more row options than if you are on a mobile, recommend looking on a desktop).

In b4 the P3 members unsuccessful in the ballot get better seats than P1 members that were successful in the ballot

People are already whinging about this on Facebook and blaming the club for it. :drunk:

The club was giving dispensation for this a while ago and were prepared to list members for their total years. Ring them and they may adjust. Too late for this year but may bump you for next year.
I got a letter to that effect after my membership had lapsed. It was a fair while ago though, possibly when Benny first became CEO. Unless they made a similar offer later when I was a member.

did this definitely work?

just got an email from the club saying the ticket cant be upgraded?
Can confirm this works, I did it a few years back for someone.
They won't upgrade it as part of the ballot process or when you pick it up, but in the past they have allowed an upgrade on the day at the ticket window at the G.

Personally I wouldn't bother, just scan in at a turnstile where the attendant isn't watching, normally each attendant is covering 2 turnstiles and even if they are looking most of them couldn't care less. If you are the type to worry then just borrow a concession card off someone, centrelink, student etc.

You had to list before the prelim and as the Pies were hot favourites, I doubt people purchased GWS memberships.

Plenty of people would have bought or been given cheap gws memberships.
The cut off is august for membership sales anyway

I was unsuccessful in the ballot as a P3 member.
I’ve since managed to track down a ticket for myself.
If anyone needs a barcode for tomorrow’s 11am raffle PM me. I’ll edit this post when it’s gone.

Now GONE. That was fast

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Resource 2019 FINALS TICKET THREAD **MCG Sold Out! PRO live site on sale Wed morning**

Remove this Banner Ad

Back