Resource 2019 FINALS TICKET THREAD **MCG Sold Out! PRO live site on sale Wed morning**

Remove this Banner Ad

I bought a ticket in the AFL members using a club package. Does anyone know if I can go to an outlet now and collect, or have to wait till Tuesday like the Richmond membership ones?

You can do it at the ticket collection box outside the ground on Saturday.
Did that in 2017 with captain blood 17 I had a seat near him so we traded my ticket with his sons who was in a different stand and he paid to upgrade it from concession to adult.

did this definitely work?

just got an email from the club saying the ticket cant be upgraded?

Really? I never knew that at the time! I was actually down the road a bit in Wheelers Hill.
I'm talking late 70s. Most kids I went to school with barracked for Richmond or Collingwood, then Carlton. I think it was a Richmond zone as a kid in my year went on to play a few games with Richmond U19s.
KB used to live in Wheelers Hill, dunno if he still does. Leigh Matthews used to own the sports shop at Brandon Park back then.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As someone said with 6917 successful accounts works out at just under 2.5 tickets per account. However there may have been a lot of singles taking up odd seats in this part so the 3731 unsuccessful might average a bit higher with numbers per account.
If it’s 4 per account we need another 14924 tickets, not happening. Even 3 average is 11193.
However many are available it will still be a scramble.

As someone said with 6917 successful accounts works out at just under 2.5 tickets per account. However there may have been a lot of singles taking up odd seats in this part so the 3731 unsuccessful might average a bit higher with numbers per account.
If it’s 4 per account we need another 14924 tickets, not happening. Even 3 average is 11193.
Still better than if it were pies.

did this definitely work?

just got an email from the club saying the ticket cant be upgraded?
Yes, all the ticket holders were there at the time which would have helped so they knew wasn’t stolen or anything I guess.

Hey guys it was reported only 1700 applicants in the GWS ballot, can confirm this on the Ticketek website.
Even if they had 4 on each application that means 10k tickets left over, 3 on each application would leave 12k.
They might offload another couple of thousand to their members today but I reckon there will be heaps come over to the Tigers tomorrow. If you look at the Tiger ballot results there were about 3700 unsuccessful, if you assume the 2.5 barcodes per application which was the average for the successful list then there are about 9k. There's a decent chance that all will get one!

Yes, all the ticket holders were there at the time which would have helped so they knew wasn’t stolen or anything I guess.

hmmm strange

ill be picking the ticket up tomorrow (its my ticket) and need to upgrade it to adult, so hopefully the people at the ticketing office do it for me

I'm talking late 70s. Most kids I went to school with barracked for Richmond or Collingwood, then Carlton. I think it was a Richmond zone as a kid in my year went on to play a few games with Richmond U19s.
KB used to live in Wheelers Hill, dunno if he still does. Leigh Matthews used to own the sports shop at Brandon Park back then.
Don't remember that! I was living there in1970 onwards...Used to go to Monash High School but that's been demolished and changed into a business center!

Good luck too our fellow tigers in getting a ticket.
More Tigers at the G the better.
Thanks mate...i am still trying and hoping....been stuffed around a few times though. And getting over it...at this point thinking about packing it in...taking the 400 bucks I have for a ticket and buying all my mates a barby and shit loads of beer and staying home..

The fact theyve included people who could've gone in ballot but didn't at 12pm means they must be forecasting that as at least a possibility.

I wonder if they'll release overnight how many tickets will be available??

Remove this Banner Ad

Resource 2019 FINALS TICKET THREAD **MCG Sold Out! PRO live site on sale Wed morning**

Remove this Banner Ad

Back