2019 planning

Remove this Banner Ad

Liberatore (75)+ Westhoff (95)

vs

J.Atley (60) + B.Grundy (115) + extra with captaincy option
I'm currently looking at Grundy and Kreuzer in rucks with Westhoff forward, provides cover for the byes with Xerri on the ruck bench as the swingman. So I guess it comes down to the rest of your structure too, but definitely the second option.

Might be a sucker for punishment, but Jacobs for R2?

Some arguments for:
>95 average for 2014, 2015, 2017.

Priced at 81 which he has scored more than every season since 2010 (bar 2013)

Solo ruck

Crows should improve considerably, and Jacobs seems to generally mirror the teams performance (or vice versa):
Year - Jacobs ave - ADL ladder rank
2018 - 81 - 12
2017 - 99 - 1
2016 - 88 - 5
2015 - 96 - 7
2014 - 97 - 10
2013 - 75 - 11
2012 - 87 - 2

Might be a sucker for punishment, but Jacobs for R2?

Some arguments for:
>95 average for 2014, 2015, 2017.

Priced at 81 which he has scored more than every season since 2010 (bar 2013)

Solo ruck

Crows should improve considerably, and Jacobs seems to generally mirror the teams performance (or vice versa):
Year - Jacobs ave - ADL ladder rank
2018 - 81 - 12
2017 - 99 - 1
2016 - 88 - 5
2015 - 96 - 7
2014 - 97 - 10
2013 - 75 - 11
2012 - 87 - 2
Think I prefer Sauce over Kreuzer, purely for durability. Don’t want to take Kreuzer and he goes down on say 15 points in round 3, could them be stuck with a major headache. R2 is one of the biggest selection issues I have at the minute. Currently have Goldy. Feel he might get back to 100+. Sauce is by no means a bad call. Should maintain his price until we know who the best R2 is

What do you guys think of Tim English as r2

Hes an option.

Got a discount. We know he can get his 80s. Has always been a scorer in below level footy ie his junior career as a ruck. Has the ability to move around ground very well gets his marks and disposals. A more mature body will help him stand up in hitout situations.

Could be a nice unique.

If i see Kreuzer at 71 and English 61 lining up round as sole ruck 1 im probably picking Kreuzer over him. Why not both though? as a different strategy

Interested in everybody's early rookie choices. We all follow our clubs more closely so looking for some extra inside info...Who is likely to lineup round 1?

These are the rookies I'm backing early on. JLT can't come quick enough :D

S.Collins (60), H.Wigg (60) C.Wilkie (60), C.Burgess (60), S.Walsh (70), B.Smith (65), B.Bewley (60) C.Constable (60), H.Brayshaw (60), D.Cameron (50), M.Flynn (50), W.Setterfield (70), B.Cavarra (60), M.Parker (60), J.Corbett (60) S.McAdam (60), M.Ling (50)

And I'll make this a seperate post...who do you think may be the best mid/s pricers next year? Any line.

Apologise for so many vague ass posts but I enjoy picking the minds of you all fantasy guns.

And I'll make this a seperate post...who do you think may be the best mid/s pricers next year? Any line.

Apologise for so many vague ass posts but I enjoy picking the minds of you all fantasy guns.

Certainly no gun but some midpricer options I'm looking at at this stage:

Underperformers (esp. those at new clubs): Dahlhaus, Armitage, Miles (GC), Hannebery

Injury returns: Lobb, Milera, Brodie Smith, Setterfield, Bennell, Brad Crouch, Zac Williams, Liberatore

Interested in everybody's early rookie choices. We all follow our clubs more closely so looking for some extra inside info...Who is likely to lineup round 1?

These are the rookies I'm backing early on. JLT can't come quick enough :D

S.Collins (60), H.Wigg (60) C.Wilkie (60), C.Burgess (60), S.Walsh (70), B.Smith (65), B.Bewley (60) C.Constable (60), H.Brayshaw (60), D.Cameron (50), M.Flynn (50), W.Setterfield (70), B.Cavarra (60), M.Parker (60), J.Corbett (60) S.McAdam (60), M.Ling (50)

You have most of them. Ive been doing my research most likely to play early.

Rozee (Port) - Mature aged experience,Pick 5
J.Clark (Geel) - Mature aged experience pick 15
G.Logue - 3 years in the system, pick 7
Schrimshaw -2/3 years in system pick 10
M.Hore - Mature ager at Melbourne
H.Wigg - Been in system many years (not best 22 at suns for me)
C.Burgess - Mature ager
Sam Collins - VFL/AFL experience been in system for fair time now. Scored real well at VFL level

Sam Walsh - No1 pick and blues need him
Brett Bewley - Mature age mid fremantle need replacements for Neale
C.Constable - Great signs in preseason last year. 2nd preseason helps
Joe Atley - Port losing mids opens up a potential spot. Been in system 3 years
J.Hately - Draft pick with most senior experience. Top 15 pick at GWS could get a go early with a good preseason

D.Fort - Mature ager in weak ruck lineup at cats
J.Sweet - Mature ager in weak ruck lineup at dogs

(These are the only 5 fwds i think youll need to know that arent DEF)
Setterfield - Mature age been in system 3 years and top 10 pick. Preseason last year was good
M.Parker - Mature ager at saints
Ben Cavarra - Should be most picked fantasy player. Mature ager 22 and dogs need a small fwd. Will play dalhaus role
Josh Corbett - Mature ager at suns. Settled well there and can score fairly well in vfl
McAddam - Mature age, crows need a small fwd

Edit: Ill add Jackson Hately to the mids

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Certainly no gun but some midpricer options I'm looking at at this stage:

Underperformers (esp. those at new clubs): Dahlhaus, Armitage, Miles (GC), Hannebery

Injury returns: Lobb, Milera, Brodie Smith, Setterfield, Bennell, Brad Crouch, Zac Williams, Liberatore
Don't know what Punchables' price is, but should be a reasonable discount, currently looking at F4 in mine with Setterfield at F5.

I'm a bit suss with midpricers, good stepping stones but the cash gen is a worry. I went with O'Meara, Libba, Natanui and Cogs last year, cost me points and cash gen with Cogs being the only winner.

Sooooo....

Playing around with structure, I'm thinking....

DEF
Blakely D3
Collins D4
Logue D5
Rook D6
Then maybe someone like Butts as a Def/Fwd on the bench

MID
Martin at M5
Walsh M6
Ling somewhere as a FWD link

RUC
Kruezer R2
Xerri as the FWD link at R3

FWD
Westhoff Ruc F2
Greene F4
Setters F5
Burgess as the Def/Fwd link

I don't know if it makes any sense or not, but the flexibility of having those DPP's does make trading a little simpler and covering byes etc. With Xerri and Westhoff I'll be able to field 2 rucks every round over the byes (barring injuries lol)
Just looking at a few players to establish the Def/Mid link, depends on who fronts up but there's not much to choose from. Thinking Vandermeer and Duursma at mo, but will have to wait.
I've had trouble finding reasonable scoring/cash gen rookies Fwd so thinking of loading up there and running with more rooks in Def with good JS.

Don't know what you more seasoned campaigners think but happy for any thoughts.

Don't know what Punchables' price is, but should be a reasonable discount, currently looking at F4 in mine with Setterfield at F5.

I'm a bit suss with midpricers, good stepping stones but the cash gen is a worry. I went with O'Meara, Libba, Natanui and Cogs last year, cost me points and cash gen with Cogs being the only winner.

Mate they were all huge winners as midpricers last year. Brilliant starting picks. Knowing what i know now id pick all 3 of those players Jaegar, Nicnat and Cogs (I only went with Cogs) ... cant remember dont think i had jaegar maybe i did

Rank these 4 mids. Kelly, Cripps, Crouch, Oliver.

Will be taking one of these at M2, but having trouble splitting them
Dunno, but ATM I have Cripps at M1, Oliver at M2 and Kelly at M3 and Cogs at M4. There's issues with Olivers shoulders and Kelly's groins, so things might/will change.

Mate they were all huge winners as midpricers last year. Brilliant starting picks. Knowing what i know now id pick all 3 of those players Jaegar, Nicnat and Cogs (I only went with Cogs) ... cant remember dont think i had jaegar maybe i did
O'Meara was Ok but cost me a rook that made cash without much point loss. I struggled to upgrade NicNat which cost a shitload of points, ie; Grundy. Libba was a gamble so not fussed.

O'Meara was Ok but cost me a rook that made cash without much point loss. I struggled to upgrade NicNat which cost a shitload of points, ie; Grundy. Libba was a gamble so not fussed.

Jaegar avg 96 for the year and 103 in his last 12 games. He was priced at just 62 and played 20 games. Major tick starting with him. He went +34 Not many rookies did that.

The issue was that was people traded him when he missed his game in round 9. He was scoring ok but nothing amazing. Hindsight says he shouldve been kept.

You got more points out of 2 midpricers like Jaeger and Nic Nat were better picks than say the worse 170k rookie you started and a premium priced at 95-100 in the rucks.

Happy with my side bar my M1.....Titch

Not sure he goes at 126 again and he is bloody expensive
May not go 126, but clearly the number 1 or 2 mid and a great starting option. If he starts slow you may get him cheaper, but if he kills it early could be hard to get and take ages to find the funds

Happy with my side bar my M1.....Titch

Not sure he goes at 126 again and he is bloody expensive

He went 129.1 last year

I cant see why he doesnt do 125 again and that could be so valubale as a captain if we see a decline in Grundy and Macrae aswell

Ive proved it before that having the highest scoring player in your side as captain compared to people who dont have that you start with more points

He went 129.1 last year

I cant see why he doesnt do 125 again and that could be so valubale as a captain if we see a decline in Grundy and Macrae aswell

Ive proved it before that having the highest scoring player in your side as captain compared to people who dont have that you start with more points
Just feel like if you don’t start Titch you’ll be forever trying to get the coin together for him. May dip a fraction, but a lock for 120+

Remove this Banner Ad

2019 planning

Remove this Banner Ad

Back