2019 planning

Remove this Banner Ad

Just feel like if you don’t start Titch you’ll be forever trying to get the coin together for him. May dip a fraction, but a lock for 120+

Last year the winner didnt start with Tom Mitchell and after round 3 he traded him in.

A.Mcgrath > Cam Oshea
L.Parker > Tom Mitchell

Ill be looking to try somehow and upgrade a midpricer or a slightly down premium to him as soon as i can

Think I prefer Sauce over Kreuzer, purely for durability. Don’t want to take Kreuzer and he goes down on say 15 points in round 3, could them be stuck with a major headache. R2 is one of the biggest selection issues I have at the minute. Currently have Goldy. Feel he might get back to 100+. Sauce is by no means a bad call. Should maintain his price until we know who the best R2 is
Plenty of options in R2.

Gawn is still clear R2 despite Preuss being recruited. They had Pedersen and King who they delisted, so they needed a backup ruck Preuss will play some games but not all.

My rankings:
Grundy, Gawn premium tier
Goldstein & Witts are the 2nd tier
Nank, Jacobs, Martin, McEvoy are 3rd tier

I expect Sinclair to drop with a Naismith coming back into the team too.

Last year the winner didnt start with Tom Mitchell and after round 3 he traded him in.

A.Mcgrath > Cam Oshea
L.Parker > Tom Mitchell

Ill be looking to try somehow and upgrade a midpricer or a slightly down premium to him as soon as i can
I'm using guns and rookies. I'd worked for 6 years so no need to change IMO.

DEF: Laird, Whitfield, Williams
MID: Macrae, Yeo, M.Crouch, Fyfe, Zerrett
FWD: Smith, Dangerfield, Greene
RUC: Grundy

Current mid pricedp in this team Liberatore & Miles, who I'll be looking at to increase in value then upgrade to a premium.

Current mid pricedp in this team Liberatore & Miles, who I'll be looking at to increase in value then upgrade to a premium.
Does that all fit into the salary cap including Miles and Libba? That midfield runs deep ...

Its the only strategy with the way pricing is now. Every team will have a few midpricer but predominantly 85% + of everyones team will be rookies/premiums. Filled 15% with midpricers ie Libbas, Z.Williams, Miles, Kreuzer, Birchall, B.Smith,B.Crouch ect ect types

Cripps vs A.Brayshaw will last with me right up until Thursday nights game of Carlton vs Richmond

Cripps 3481 pts from his last 32 games is safe and hard to ignore. I see tags as a concern though.

A.Brayshaw 116 avg over his last 13 games is hard to ignore but then some affected games from tags

Cripps vs A.Brayshaw will last with me right up until Thursday nights game of Carlton vs Richmond

Cripps 3481 pts from his last 32 games is safe and hard to ignore. I see tags as a concern though.

A.Brayshaw 116 avg over his last 13 games is hard to ignore but then some affected games from tags
Both ripping options. Don’t see Cripps really being weighed down too much with a tag, just too big and beastly to be completely stopped. His bad days are still generally 90’s

Brayshaw really flew under the radar. Expect him to get more attention but will still be 2nd in line for the tag behind Oliver I suspect

Do any Bulldogs have any insights on Liam Picken? Has he recovered from his injuries? Is he a realistic forward option?

Love Picken, but ignore him from a fantasy perspective. Not sure he is in full contact training and still having issues with headaches (or was a few months back). Quite a few of us are very concerned about him taking the field again, even if the medicos give him the all clear.

Both ripping options. Don’t see Cripps really being weighed down too much with a tag, just too big and beastly to be completely stopped. His bad days are still generally 90’s

Brayshaw really flew under the radar. Expect him to get more attention but will still be 2nd in line for the tag behind Oliver I suspect

My concern is Brayshaws easier to tag than Oliver and also has more impact on games with his disposal.

He did start to become the target over Oliver later in the season

Liking the mids, although I've left out Macrae cos I reckon he'll drop in price a bit coming up against Hewett and Jacobs in the 1st 4 rounds

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Liking the mids, although I've left out Macrae cos I reckon he'll drop in price a bit coming up against Hewett and Jacobs in the 1st 4 rounds

Could go to Bont potentially?

Hewett might not be tagging mids.

They're 2 of the taggers to want to avoid. Who else?

Ed Curnow, Scott Selwood, Ben Jacobs, Harmes, G.Hewett, J Steele, Touk Miller, Hutchings, Banfield

B.Jacobs (North)
Hewett (Sydney)
Harmes (Melb)
Banfield (Freo)
T.Miller (Gold Coast)
Hutchings (West Coast)

are the main 6 of concern i feel

Last edited:
Dunno.......does Macrae ever go forward to break a tag?

Don't know if Horse will let all of Bont Macca and Dunkley have a free rein.

Does Hewett play a fwd tag on Johannisen? the half forward on a half back or does he go onball and shutdown a Bont or Macrae?
I think the Swans would prefer to keep him in the middle, he isn't purely a stopper and i think he can have a bigger impact on a game offensively in the midfield.

I think the Swans would prefer to keep him in the middle, he isn't purely a stopper and i think he can have a bigger impact on a game offensively in the midfield.

I agree. He could be a huge unique who actually benefits from Hanners leaving and a midfield that isnt deep enough and the top 2 ageing and maybe required forward more

I still think he will be doing too many roles for him. How much onball/wing time Hewett, Heeney and Mills get in preseason will be crucial to watch

My strategy is guns and rookies and this won't change in 2019. Newman is currently in D2, Merrett in M4
Shhh on Newman at D2 ;) Seems like we have a simular sort of stats, I currently have Merrett M5

Questions regarding moves made in trade period, which may help/hinder relevant players (other than the already discussed Hannebery, Setterfield, Blakely, Newman, Beams)

Mids:
1. Any relevant GC mids now that Lyons and Hall have gone?
2. Does Polec's departure improve the chances for borderline PA mids like Rockliff, Wines, Boak?
3. Any relevant GWS mids (up or down) given Scully and Shiel both gone?

Rucks:
1. Impact of Lycett on Westhoff?
2. Longer stepping up as #1 St Kilda ruck now that Hickey is gone? (See the Coaches Panel above #49)

Forwards:
1. Any relevant GC forward now that Lynch gone? Especially a young/cheap player?

Questions regarding moves made in trade period, which may help/hinder relevant players (other than the already discussed Hannebery, Setterfield, Blakely, Newman, Beams)

Mids:
1. Any relevant GC mids now that Lyons and Hall have gone?
2. Does Polec's departure improve the chances for borderline PA mids like Rockliff, Wines, Boak?
3. Any relevant GWS mids (up or down) given Scully and Shiel both gone?

Rucks:
1. Impact of Lycett on Westhoff?
2. Longer stepping up as #1 St Kilda ruck now that Hickey is gone? (See the Coaches Panel above #49)

Forwards:
1. Any relevant GC forward now that Lynch gone? Especially a young/cheap player?

Too add to convo

Did Longer and Hickey play together at all? If not what is the difference to next year besides added job security to Longer

Scullys departure means little as he didnt play at all last year. Shiel needs to be factored in though i think Taranto benefits the most

Port also lost Wingard along with Polec potentially 2 mid spots open up. Wingard played in the middle after the round 10 bye. Joe atley, Rozee or Will Drew could get a gig in the middle. Or Burton onto a wing.

Ports midfield setup will be interesting. Wines onball and lines up with who else? Im thinking SPP and Ebert or Rocky.

Edit: Longers a great pick for Supercoach and Real DT, However for fantasy hes probably just too pricey

Remove this Banner Ad

2019 planning

Remove this Banner Ad

Back