Training 2019 Preseason

Remove this Banner Ad

Part that he is lazy/does work hard enough. Part that there are others better than him.

It’s your opinion , just feel it should be mentioned and I have different one.

Brandon is a footballer not an athlete.

Listened & read Sam Mitchell talking about his early days , comments on feedback too slow,
not good enough athlete .
Richardson’s tactical use of both White & Battle early last year was a disgrace .
Maybe has something to do with taking those boys one on one to the AFL finals with him.

White’s strengths are his kicking , tough, fearless , very good mark for his size.

Yet the tactical minds had guys like Armitage playing off half back which is beyond
comprehension.

Hoping with new coaching additions things change .

Gresh shy , you got be kidding , he might be shy on camera that's about it .

I have met him at club functions and he seems very quiet and shy there, might be different outside of that.

Listened & read Sam Mitchell talking about his early days , comments on feedback too slow,
Richardson’s tactical use of both White & Battle early last year was a disgrace .
Maybe has something to do with taking those boys one on one to the AFL finals with him.

White’s strengths are his kicking , tough, fearless , very good mark for his size.

Yet the tactical minds had guys like Armitage playing off half back which is beyond
comprehension.

I actually reckon it could be an attitude thing with Brandon White, he comes across as a bit of a confident kid who's manner is a bit FIGJAM, the first time I met him he seemed like he thought he would walk into the best 22 from the way he was talking. I was a bit taken back by how confident he seemed. It can be a very good thing in a player but can get them in conflict with coaches who want to pull their head back in. His games have been good enough to hold his spot in the side and build on IMO, he's probably getting put back in his box a bit.

comprehension.

That's fine him being a footballer but its 2018 now not the 70s or 80s , you need to need to be able to get to contest after contest , you can throw in stuff in about richo or coaching but the fact is he has come back in ordinary shape two years in a row , well it would appear so.
Ps and as previously stated i really rate him but times running out for him to grow up or go and play Amo's

I actually reckon it could be an attitude thing with Brandon White, he comes across as a bit of a confident kid who's manner is a bit FIGJAM, the first time I met him he seemed like he thought he would walk into the best 22 from the way he was talking. I was a bit taken back by how confident he seemed. It can be a very good thing in a player but can get them in conflict with coaches who want to pull their head back in. His games have been good enough to hold his spot in the side and build on IMO, he's probably getting put back in his box a bit.

Never found him that way myself .
He did acknowledge he made an error in his draft year , turning up with unacceptable skin folds.
But attitude I get and by the way agree with , doesn’t share the confidence of what some of the now
sacked coaches were telling him about getting best out of himself.

He did acknowledge he made an error in his draft year , turning up with unacceptable skin folds.
But attitude I get and by the way agree with , doesn’t share the confidence of what some of the now
It wasnt just his first year , what about last year ? and this year runs second last in the time trial , if anyone on her thinks that is acceptable id say they have pretty low expectations on our players hence why we dont win too many flags , More training less Disco may help

comprehension.

Totally agree. This season we saw some of the worst positional moves, player development, tactical plans and coaching we are likely to see at an AFL club for sometime.

comprehension.

You dont need to be an athlete to put in the extra effort off the field, do the extras around the club or work your hardest in every training session. White doesn't do that currently. Mitchel worked his ass off to become the best payer possible which is something White currently hasnt done.

The reason why someone like Armo was playing off half back instead of White is because you can trust Armo to work his ass off all game, get to as many contests as possible and play the role asked of him. The same cant be said about Brandon. Was it the best move - no but playing someone who is lazy and has a poor attitude isnt best for the team either despite how good their kick is.

It wasnt just his first year , what about last year ? and this year runs second last in the time trial , if anyone on her thinks that is acceptable id say they have pretty low expectations on our players hence why we dont win too many flags , More training less Disco may help

Was clearly best player on the ground in inter club practice games leading into JLT last year.

Actual games .

Yet didn’t get even get into squad against Carlton no wonder he was shaking his head at team
meetings

Time trial for mine overrated the bloke who won the time trial last year at Norf got delisted.
The same bloke won the time trial at Hawthorn the year he got delisted .

Everyone who follows Stkilda can have different opinion to mine .

Anyway rant over , just like to see some integrity with selection next year with All players.

Last edited:
Was clearly best player on the ground in inter club practice games leading into JLT last year.

Actual games .

Yet didn’t get even get into squad against Carlton no wonder he was shaking his head at team
meetings

Time trial for mine overrated the bloke who won the time trial last year at Norf got delisted.
The same bloke won the time trial at Hawthorn the year he got delisted .

Everyone who follows Stkilda can have different opinion to mine .

Anyway rant over , just like to see some integrity with selection next year will All players.
I sure dont expect him to win the time trail and i think for you bring those other examples into this is a bit of a stretch , any way i take it you think him finishing so far behind is ok well thats just great .
At a guess i would say there is more to it than both you and me know about as to why he wasn't selected and he did have all year to force his way into the side , Dmac and Rice were no world beaters although Dmac got better as the year went on so he had chances

W

Well I think he’s got plenty to offer, so hopefully it’s all upside for him from now on, be it his attitude, or some new blood in the coaching panel.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They are all saying the top 4 will be Walsh , JL , Rankine , M.King

if the Blues took Walsh and Gold coast took the 2 Kings and we end up with the choice of JL or Rankine who would you take - it is going to be very hard to split the 2 - would anyone offer pick 5 and another pick for our pick 4

can't wait to see what happens on draft day
that's the question isn't it really, my thought is we could trade and maybe snag Ben King and Caldwell or some other mid who's pretty good, or would you be looking at JL thinking this is a must not pass up opportunity? I think if JL is there we should take him. Personally at the end of the day I hope we get big Max.

It's exciting to see the group of young players that we have in that video; I'm reminded that we have a fair number that have shown something already at AFL level:
- Clark
- Coff
- Long
- Steele
- Battle
- Paton
- Lonie
- Paddy
- Marshall
- Gresh!

I know it's a pretty glass-half-full approach but I'm genuinely excited about all of those guys. You can add pick 4 to the mix. I'm also pretty bullish about a few others but haven't seen enough of them yet.

Think 2019 could be an exciting season.

Was that Rice finishing ahead of Coff in the time trial? Could be very interesting to watch the young man if he gets supreme fitness.

Any updates from people that went.. all quiet from the social media side of things
I guess it’s only lunch time but I thought the social media guys would be all over it I.E. heaps of pics up on Facebook of day 1, the time trial results etc. Other clubs are running with this stuff big time.

We’ve chucked a few pics up of the new facilities but personally I’m more interested of how things are going on the track!

Still plenty of time this afternoon for some activity though.

I guess it’s only lunch time but I thought the social media guys would be all over it I.E. heaps of pics up on Facebook of day 1, the time trial results etc. Other clubs are running with this stuff big time.

We’ve chucked a few pics up of the new facilities but personally I’m more interested of how things are going on the track!

Still plenty of time this afternoon for some activity though.
it's almost comical how much the saints suck at social media.

Just take some snaps, few words kinda words from the boys as they're getting ready etc, quick clip of them kicking the footy. Like that should be minimum, up by 11 or whatever. Would take about 20 minutes to put together.

The best the saints site on FB can come up with is.....
#BREAKING: Jack Steven's mullet is in career-best form on day one of pre-season

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Training 2019 Preseason

Remove this Banner Ad

Back