Training 2019 Preseason

Remove this Banner Ad

Worked in oil and gas , month on month off , working in the Africa , Middle east , Russia , Brazil and last 4 years for Chevron in Thailand.
Finished up doing that 4 years ago , worked in a lot of places you wouldn't want to go.
Was taken hostage in Angola , plane was shot at when landing in Yemen , saw people strung up in Iran and some shocking sights in Bangladesh etc.
Now just staying busy with a little hobby farm , keeps us busy. Cattle , Sheep , Goats and some fruit trees.

Jeebus. You ever thought about writing a book? Sounds like it would be one helluva read!

Club offers Richo 5 year contract ;)
Ban please.,,,

Anyhoo, shit luck for Paddy and Robbo if both are forced to retire.
FWIW, I'm still upbeat about this year because the us & them beast is rising from the ashes.
Lots of upside to our list and hungry mature agers ready to go.
May this crap on the eve of the season gel the team together like nothing ever has before.
May #IPF write dismally poor articles pissing off our whole club every week.
May the whole club do a Teddy Whitten and STICKITUPEM!

Go Sainters!

We lose Paddy and Robbo then Round 1 I think it’s...

FB: Geary - Joyce - Webster
HB: Battle - Marsh - Savage
RK: Pierce - Steele - Ross
CR: Billings - Armitage* - Newnes
HF: Kent - Marshall - Gresham
FF: Long - Bruce - Membrey
IC: Sinclair Parker Clark Steven*

Doubt Dunstan not in team .

Hearing rumour we might be adding another player to list ....no names provided unfortunately.

Jesus.. glad to see you’ve kept the positive outlook after all of that. Much respect Premium.
Had too , after losing everything in a divorce in Aussie , where the missus played up when I was working offshore , paying tax of 48% and then having to pay 33% of my gross wage to the wife - the dole was actually better money, It was either work overseas and pay the child suppport or go on the dole where I would get paid more than working in Aussie.(the thing that pissed me off the most , is she took off to the States with the kids for a couple years once I found)
Basically I was lucky to be able to have the option , many guys don't - and many guys suffer , even neck themselves due to it.
But that was over 27 years ago and I don't dwell on it anymore.

Funny, those that watched AFL360 last night would've seen Roo talking about the situation we're in with injury at the moment. If you re-watch the segment he clearly was talking directly to the playing group when he spoke about it galvanizing players and being the impetus to a successful year. Lets hope the players were listening.

No matter what turmoil we trudge through, the St Kilda family will rise up above and prove that we are NOT a joke. We are a proud football club. We will stand by our team and our coach, no matter what. We will support the people that have to leave, that have to retire, and also the ones that stay and become legends. Dylan Roberton and Paddy McCartin will not be forgotten, no matter what the outcome is. They are St Kilda, they are family to us.

St Kilda and proud.

Funny, those that watched AFL360 last night would've seen Roo talking about the situation we're in with injury at the moment. If you re-watch the segment he clearly was talking directly to the playing group when he spoke about it galvanizing players and being the impetus to a successful year. Lets hope the players were listening.
Didn't see it but absolutely situations like this can galvanise teams.
IMO its already happening as a result of last years shitstorm media barrage.
Ego's hurt and now determination and doing it as a TEAM seems to be the adopted mindset.
Like what I'm seeing.

Had too , after losing everything in a divorce in Aussie , where the missus played up when I was working offshore , paying tax of 48% and then having to pay 33% of my gross wage to the wife - the dole was actually better money, It was either work overseas and pay the child suppport or go on the dole where I would get paid more than working in Aussie.(the thing that pissed me off the most , is she took off to the States with the kids for a couple years once I found)
Basically I was lucky to be able to have the option , many guys don't - and many guys suffer , even neck themselves due to it.

What a great outlook on life mate. Don’t dwell on the past. You only live once.

I'm not as pessimistic as most seem to be. Yes we've been hit with a reasonable sized chunk of guano but the preseason form has been impressive along with new players and work rate and attitude of our middle tier. I don't think I need to rehash everything already said but the improvement overall is observable and doesn't appear to be waning.

I think Paddy's misfortune will allow someone else to solidify there spot in the forward half, enter Parker stage left. Yes milady (I never did get the thunderbirds but the puppetry was hilariously ordinary)

I think Daragerah and Joshy B have added another dimension to the backline so not all lost there either.

I'm going to keep going, but **** we must have upset the footy gods somehow. Those mofos have it in for us. I still have this insane sense that it might not be as bad as last year but I think it's self delusion.
Hey mate, feel your pain, but as I said about the players, more to life than football, and as this is not self inflicted but just bad luck, I feel more protective than ever towards my team.

Lets hold our nerve and let this group respond.

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Didn't see it but absolutely situations like this can galvanise teams.
IMO its already happening as a result of last years shitstorm media barrage.
Ego's hurt and now determination and doing it as a TEAM seems to be the adopted mindset.
Like what I'm seeing.
Last time I remember it happening with us was in 2010 when Roo himself tore his hammy off the bone. It was really a monumental effort to make it to another GF that year with him out for most of it.

Last time I remember it happening with us was in 2010 when Roo himself tore his hammy off the bone. It was really a monumental effort to make it to another GF that year with him out for most of it.
Too right bud

that was some game! werent we without a bench. a bunch of players playing through injury to defeat the pies at etihad?

Hat tips off to you good sir. Hopefully the Saints can finally deliver some sports happiness soon..

Worked in oil and gas , month on month off , working in the Africa , Middle east , Russia , Brazil and last 4 years for Chevron in Thailand.
Finished up doing that 4 years ago , worked in a lot of places you wouldn't want to go.
Was taken hostage in Angola , plane was shot at when landing in Yemen , saw people strung up in Iran and some shocking sights in Bangladesh etc.
Now just staying busy with a little hobby farm , keeps us busy. Cattle , Sheep , Goats and some fruit trees.

I was imagining some rasta bar on a beach downing cans with backpackers. That sounds like hard work. I was imagining king Premo in his bar with dreadlocks, Hawaiian shirt and an all day weed grin.

Jesus man, you are a legend to so keep positive, I get a bit of adversity and go to water. You should write self help books and do the speaking circuit. You'd make a fortune.

There’s a deadline isn’t there? I thought it was tomorrow.
Do we have any list spots if both Paddy and Robbo ( miraculously) stay on?

Because if we don’t, and your info is true, it would appear we are losing at least one of them, because Marsh has taken Bytel’s spot.

I was imagining some rasta bar on a beach downing cans with backpackers. That sounds like hard work. I was imagining king Premo in his bar with dreadlocks, Hawaiian shirt and an all day weed grin.
100%. I thought he was going to be the mad guy at the Bob Marley Nat just outside of Kuta. Catch a Fire on repeat, sinking Tigers and chilling the days away. How very wrong did I read that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Training 2019 Preseason

Remove this Banner Ad

Back