Prediction 2019 Starting 22

Remove this Banner Ad

So which of our players will be feeling most nervous over our choices on who to trade in / will have to work hardest to keep the spots they have had before?

Skinner and Payne maybe.

Wooler, Lyons, Starch, Keays...they will really have to ride form or injuries to see game time.

So which of our players will be feeling most nervous over our choices on who to trade in / will have to work hardest to keep the spots they have had before?

Walker.

Whoever's left that spent last year cycling through the small pressure forward role.

I think we need more midfield rotations. Robbo is the only one on the bench that played much midfield time this year and even then it wasn’t much and Rayner is the only forward who can play in the middle. This is why I’d leave out Taylor for someone like Matho or Bailey.

After the last 2 rounds, and with an eye to the future, Zac Bailey must be in our rd. 1 team.

Yep Bailey ahead of McCarthy round 1 for me. Start McCarthy in the Neafl and if he starts tearing it up bring him in.
Or we play Bailey off hbf. He was the one I was thinking "he needs to be there".

Starc, Walker, Matho would all be pushing too.

Bar a Reiwoldt type it's looking pretty solid. It would be good to have a kpf that was good for 3 every week, Hippy will play up the ground and burn guys off but I dont see him being able to hit the board, at that rate, consistently. We need someone else.

I wonder if the club considered Patton, who was shopped around.

Indirectly related question, how many games does Hodge play next season, as it could re-shape our back 6 as I don't think we have another medium sized defender ready to bring in? I reckon it is no more than 15 personally.
15 is a great return on him. Sign him for a future 4 years get him to 100 games for us and take his boys fs.

He was a pretty shrewd pick up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Indirectly related question, how many games does Hodge play next season, as it could re-shape our back 6 as I don't think we have another medium sized defender ready to bring in? I reckon it is no more than 15 personally.

15-17 games, then get one of the reserve players who has speed (maybe Cox?) and put them in his spot. Sign up Hodge in a coaching capacity to help continue the growth of the club for the next 3-4 years.

If worse comes to worse, target another defender in the draft/trade period next year.

I woulda thought we would be minimizing Hodges game time next year. But I would play him 22 times if fit. Blokes a gun at 40 odd.

This is a bit of an echo from a number of older posts but I still think we look to big and possibly a bit slow in the backline. Christensen and Bailey will need to play there to make sure we aren’t run off our feet

Cedric Cox time to shine!

How much time in the midfield do we see Rayner and Bailey getting this upcoming season?

With the addition of McCarthy, another preseason and with Zorko turning 30 I could see Rayner getting a lot more midfield time. I feel like Bailey may struggle to get into the side at the start of the year but he will certainly be one of the first players that is called upon when there’s an injury. I see Bailey getting more chances in the midfield when he’s in the side; his line breaking ability has massive potential.

With the addition of McCarthy, another preseason and with Zorko turning 30 I could see Rayner getting a lot more midfield time. I feel like Bailey may struggle to get into the side at the start of the year but he will certainly be one of the first players that is called upon when there’s an injury. I see Bailey getting more chances in the midfield when he’s in the side; his line breaking ability has massive potential.

Bailey will start if half back. Line breaking defender. Will start round 1.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Bailey could play Taylor’s role plus actually offer something through the midfield.

B: Gardiner Adams Christensen
HB:Robertson Andrews Witherden
C: Cutler Berry McCluggage
HF:Robinson Hippy Rayner
F: Oscar McStay/Walker Cameron
R: Martin Neale Zorko

I: Taylor Hodge Rich Bailey.

We need Christensen down back for the run he provides which is something we lack. I would use Hodge on and off the ground but we need to start playing him less. Zac Bailey impressed me last year especially the final few games. Hope he can be a permanent fixture in our side in 2019. McStay and Walker to battle it out for Full Forward.

Think we will need to throw Mitch Robinson and maybe even Rich into the middle for a few short stints now that Beams is gone and to relieve the main mids. Rayner should also get short bursts through the centre. We need Berry to stay injury free and have a another stand out year. McCluggage will be a star. But both will need support.

B: Gardiner Adams Christensen
HB:Robertson Andrews Witherden
C: Cutler Berry McCluggage
HF:Robinson Hippy Rayner
F: Oscar McStay/Walker Cameron
R: Martin Neale Zorko

I: Taylor Hodge Rich Bailey.

We need Christensen down back for the run he provides which is something we lack. I would use Hodge on and off the ground but we need to start playing him less. Zac Bailey impressed me last year especially the final few games. Hope he can be a permanent fixture in our side in 2019. McStay and Walker to battle it out for Full Forward.

Think we will need to throw Mitch Robinson and maybe even Rich into the middle for a few short stints now that Beams is gone and to relieve the main mids. Rayner should also get short bursts through the centre. We need Berry to stay injury free and have a another stand out year. McCluggage will be a star. But both will need support.
Neale effectiveley replaces Beams so no need to change too much. I would like Rayner to nbe in the middle more though, gotta keep developing them

Remove this Banner Ad

Prediction 2019 Starting 22

Remove this Banner Ad

Back