Live Event 2019 Trade Radio Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Genuine amateur hour stuff.

If there's one thing that I dislike about the AFL and how it's run, it's the impulsive nature of how decisions are made. They're not fleshed out appropriately, they're not communicated, and they're definitely not made in consultation with the AFL community as a whole.
In fairness, a lot of their decisions that are run through focus groups also suck.

I get sick of the whole let’s generate content for content’s sake mentality of them.

The idea of not having any trades before 3pm to make deadline day more ‘exciting’ is symptomatic of this. The idea of having a preseason trade period is symptomatic of this. Splitting the draft over two nights is symptomatic of this. Trying to dominate the news cycle in the offseason is symptomatic of this.

In fairness, a lot of their decisions that are run through focus groups also suck.

I get sick of the whole let’s generate content for content’s sake mentality of them.

The idea of not having any trades before 3pm to make deadline day more ‘exciting’ is symptomatic of this. The idea of having a preseason trade period is symptomatic of this. Splitting the draft over two nights is symptomatic of this. Trying to dominate the news cycle in the offseason is symptomatic of this.

The problem with their focus group decisions is that they're more, "Let's get back the old crew together with Leigh Matthews, Malcolm Blight and Kevin Bartlett and ask them what they think."

The problem with their focus group decisions is that they're more, "Let's get back the old crew together with Leigh Matthews, Malcolm Blight and Kevin Bartlett and ask them what they think."
The competition committee was pretty hilarious. Hocking and McLachlan would be on seven figure salaries to outsource a bunch of work to suckers who’ll do it for free. Way of the world, I guess.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They have no idea. Hearing them talk about Maginness and the mechanics around it is hilarious.
I heard that. It was more or less, Heverin - “So let’s say Melbourne bid pick 8 on Maginness, well that means Hawthorn would have to use pick 11 on him. But, if he’s still available at 11, Hawthorn should pick another player because any bid that comes between 12-30 means they can just used pick 30 then...”

That is not how the system works. If Melbourne does bid pick 8, Maginness would have to be picked at 8 either by Hawthorn or Melbourne. Hawthorn get pick 8 by converting multiple picks into points using the draft pick points index or they say good luck and Melbourne have to use pick 8 on Maginness. There’s no dummy bids.

Perhaps he just explained it horribly and actually knows, perhaps he made a mistake but the point is he sounded embarrassingly clueless. Surely if you’re saturation covering something the least you could do is be informed, articulate and be capable of keeping your audience informed?

IMO once trades are done at 3pm, you won’t hear anything further until the trade period goes live to air on TV.

It’s pretty much like Channel 7’s arrangement with the AFL on that teams can’t be announced until C7 announce them on the 6 o’clock news. A Trading Post business model in a Google world, amateurish.

Once it hits 3 o’clock I’m going back Spotify and after listening to AFL TR over the last 3 days I will never ever, ever, ever complain about Spotify’s ads ever , ever again.

Ever.
Once I've listened to my first 30 minutes ad free and I've used my 6 skips in the first hour I just exit spotify, remove it from recently used apps and then open it back up.

Once I've listened to my first 30 minutes ad free and I've used my 6 skips in the first hour I just exit spotify, remove it from recently used apps and then open it back up.
I would be happy to listen to a days worth of Spotify ads than hear another hour of the abomination of TR ads that have burned into my brain

Remove this Banner Ad

Live Event 2019 Trade Radio Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back