Opinion 2020 Draft picks 1/9/22/23/40/56/66/80 (2021 + Melb 2nd, 4th, Haw 4th)

which mythological creature you think would win in a fight, Bigfoot or Santa?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 24, 2007
DTC Frat House
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Team Lambda Variant

Crows Draft Hand Tweet

KEY DATES

Oct 30 – Nov 6: AFL Free Agency Period
November 4 – 12: AFL Trade Period
November 20: List Lodgment 1
November 27: List Lodgment 2
November 30: AFL Draft Nominations close
w/c December 7: NAB AFL Draft and Rookie Draft (exact date to be confirmed in due course)
Mid-December: Final List Lodgment & TPP estimates​

As God is my witness, finding anything useful on the AFL.com.au site is practically impossible, may whoever designed it burn in hell.

Last edited:
So to recap:

We finish last.
We lose 3 players to free agency, including our 2019 BnF for pick 23 (which may push out to 30) and embarrass ourselves in the process.
They change the draft so our 2 picks which would have started the second day are now massively devalued.
We can't select the best player in the draft, even with pick 1.
Then they change the rules for future years so we will miss out on what looks like a top 10 NGA.

I'm honestly pretty over it all.

Hopefully the Crouch experience is a reminder to the AFC that no one is doing us any favours regardless of where your respective kids go to school.

We need to make things happen if we really want to move up this draft order.

If this means trading another player out we should consider, especially if they are becoming a free agent next year.

So to recap:

We finish last.
We lose 3 players to free agency, including our 2019 BnF for pick 23 (which may push out to 30) and embarrass ourselves in the process.
They change the draft so our 2 picks which would have started the second day are now massively devalued.
Then they change the rules for future years so we will miss out on what looks like a top 10 NGA.

Sydney reacting to the AFL for giving them 5+ top players through NGA including Campbell before the change.

So to recap:

We finish last.

When you put it like that, this year does seem a bit...

2020-e-jpg.1003334

Hopefully the Crouch experience is a reminder to the AFC that no one is doing us any favours regardless of where your respective kids go to school.

We need to make things happen if we really want to move up this draft order.

If this means trading another player out we should consider, especially if they are becoming a free agent next year.
Matt Crouch and Laird are the 2 who are worth the most, could leave but would be harder to get and cost more than B.Crouch. Also the Crows would probably rather keep them then letting them leave so a matching bid would also come into play so other team actually have to pay overs unlike what the saints did for B.Crouch. So this time next years us fans will back here again talking about a band 1 or even 2 of them.

The Crows must know that showing there cards to the Saints & B.Crouch then trying to bluff was the dumbest things they could ever do when playing poker lol or dealing with an restricted free agent.

There is an established structure where the teams go away for a night after the first round and think about anyone that slid out of the first round.

Normally the club with the first pick in the second round has an opportunity to make something out of that.

Now we've had that taken away. Do you honestly think the VFL would do that if Collingwood or Geelong or one of their expansion pets held that pick?
How do we know what pick it will be?
Won’t it be a set amount?
So depending if there were academy bids the team would change?

So to recap:

We finish last.

We seem to be on the wrong side of these rule changes more often than not. Getting pretty predictable. Im sure I read on here a few months ago that the NGA rules would be changed before we really got to take advantage of them.

Agree we need to go after pick 5. It's a must. Essendon won't go after pick 5 imo and will just go to the draft with pick 6,7. Their next pick is 42. Even if they got pick 8 for Saad from Carlton which they may not if he goes into the psd they aren't giving up one of those top 10 picks for a 1 pick upgrade. It will come down to whether GC want Phillips at 5 or not. If they don't and they are targetting another type such as a forward or back we could get a deal done which would allow them to pick up 2 players or use one of them in the trade period. Phillips is the player I would be targetting at 5. Pick 1 will be used on McDonald or Hollands, likely McDonald but Hollands will go before pick 5 regardless imo.
Holland’s has the X factor, height , forward ability, cockiness and power to be a Dusty Martin type. At 188 tall is also a tall mid. No 1 for mine and also a Crows supporter which is a bonus

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pick 9 and 22 for Essendon pick 6 .
Pick 23 and 33 for Bulldogs pick 14
Who are we getting at 6 that we cant at 9..i mean the top 5 (not including campbell and juh) of hollands thilthorpe mcdonald dgb and phillips are seen as the standouts

I would rather have a crack at hawthorn or gold coast to see if we could shake their pick loose even if it cost pick 9 and a coupke of 2nd rounders. Ie picks 23 and 33 to dogs for 14 then 9 and 14 for either 4 or 5. Get 2 of the top rated kids and then a mid at 22

Doing the draft over two nights was always dumb. They do 20 picks then go home? Give the clubs 90 mins break after round one, and they'll do any deals they're gonna do.

It might actually work better for us. The phones will be running hot and desperate clubs will have to move fast to go for the player they want who is still available

Who are we getting at 6 that we cant at 9..i mean the top 5 (not including campbell and juh) of hollands thilthorpe mcdonald dgb and phillips are seen as the standouts

I would rather have a crack at hawthorn or gold coast to see if we could shake their pick loose even if it cost pick 9 and a coupke of 2nd rounders. Ie picks 23 and 33 to dogs for 14 then 9 and 14 for either 4 or 5. Get 2 of the top rated kids and then a mid at 22
Makes sense especially if it means getting Thilthorpe with 4 or 5 instead of pick 1.

I think the real sweet spots for the draft are either top 5, or 14 to 22.

There's a clear top five, and then it really evens out. The player you get at 8 might have been there at 16.

I think three picks from 12 to 24 are better than two picks between 6 and 12, say.

Do we package up 22 and 23 for a first rounder this year or possibly next year which is supposed to be a stronger draft?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back