Analysis 2020 Fixture - Thoughts and guesses

Remove this Banner Ad

Only two double ups against other finalists (Magpies and Cats) is a super result!

Here's how the others faired:

Giants — 4 (Tigers, Cats, Bulldogs, Bombers)
Magpies — 4 (Tigers, Lions, Eagles, Bombers)
Tigers — 3 (Magpies, Giants, Eagles)
Cats — 3 (Giants, Lions, Eagles)
Eagles — 3 (Tigers, Cats, Magpies)
Bombers — 2 (Giants, Magpies)
Bulldogs — 1 (Giants)
So it should be the Doggies copping the soft draw flack this year?

The entitlement of Vic fans never gets old

Invoking the spirit of Billy Puller. That worked out well for him. Unnecessary.

So it should be the Doggies copping the soft draw flack this year?
Victorian clubs don't get soft draws, they get fairytales. ;)

Sure only 4 Melbourne games is dire. But at the same time 4x Thursday/Friday Night games (all home) and 10 FTA games is huge for the club. With a bit of pain there's a lot of gain this time around.

The draw for Lions supporters in Melbourne is atrocious. Four games! Thats it. What happened to the merger agreement of six? Why are we playing North in Hobart? Forget the Geelong game and certainly please don't count a pre season game as part of the deal. Fitzroy fans have been shafted yet again. I would hope the club takes this into consideration when offering Victorian Membership.

Good to see the club get two Thursday night and Friday night games. Looks like I will have to get myself to one of those games to get my fives games for the year.

A bit more credibility when you get 5 Lions games in your state over 4-5 years.
It's possible to complain about your state's representation without shitting on others.

GWS have played down there the last three seasons running. I'm guessing that might have something to do with it, though I'm not sure it should matter.
Yeah must good for them to get a break too. Just wish the league at least tried to even up who gets the Geelong/Ballarat/Hobart games. It does seem like we get more than our share. Really should send other big Melbourne clubs down there too

It is what it is, seems to be a good one too. Those whinging are lucky they can get to 4 games, not everyone can. We are unable to go anymore, so we got Foxtel..

Lets just enjoy the fact we have a good team again and whether live or on tv we get to see them.

Bring on 2020:brisbane:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wowowowow we are very very lucky to get a draw like that. How exciting. Cannot remember watching us on a Friday night, not since the glory days. Let’s win the flag yo

Just sunk in that we only have four Melbourne games. Pretty disappointed in that considering I recently moved here. I wonder if the club would consider lowering the vic membership?

On the whole it's a really, really great fixture for us. Undeniable. But very disappointing to only get four Vic games just as we've become relevant and finals ready again. Was kinda expecting at least 3 MCG games but expecting too much, I guess.

Wowowowow we are very very lucky to get a draw like that. How exciting. Cannot remember watching us on a Friday night, not since the glory days. Let’s win the flag yo
That would be because the last couple of times we have played on a Friday night were not memorable occasions.

That's a good way to get another game for Vic fans.

It is what it is, seems to be a good one too. Those whinging are lucky they can get to 4 games, not everyone can. We are unable to go anymore, so we got Foxtel..

Lets just enjoy the fact we have a good team again and whether live or on tv we get to see them.

Bring on 2020:brisbane:
I'm sorry, but that is such a simplistic view. Just because you don't care, there are thousands of others in Victoria that are truly devastated, but yeah, I guess it is what it is. Games in Geelong and Hobart and playing twice in Adelaide are really going to help our cause. Most teams nowadays only play once in Adelaide and Perth, yet we get two in Adelaide makes sense.

As for GWS, outside of NSW (12 games) and VIC (8 games), they only have to visit Brisbane, Perth, Adelaide or Tassie twice. Sounds about right despite them having no agreement in place that they must play 6 games in Victoria.

As for playing on Thursday and Friday nights; I could care less. How does that help any fans in Victoria? Big bloody deal. We are still getting 22 games irrespective of when they are being played over a round.

Great to see the club has come out and commented on the Lions snub of games in Victoria though.

Great to see the club has come out and commented on the Lions snub of games in Victoria though.
Reasonable offer - I can use my Victorian membership to get to a game for a change! Looks like I should lock in a weekend in Canberra.

Remove this Banner Ad

Analysis 2020 Fixture - Thoughts and guesses

Remove this Banner Ad

Back