Opinion 2020 Membership. What are you doing?

What are you doing with your membership for 2020?

• Current Gold Member downgrading to Silver

Votes: 21 14.5%
  • Current Silver member downgrading to Bronze (3 game)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Current Gold/Silver/Bronze member not renewing at all

Votes: 18 12.4%
  • Will only renew if you see active change in footy department/EXTERNAL review process

Votes: 40 27.6%
  • Keeping membership at same level/higher as 2019

Votes: 55 37.9%
  • Other

Votes: 11 7.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

A couple of weeks ago I saw or heard both KT and Fagan on membership pledges to date. Both said was good, KT said a figure, might have been 89% or like that. Fagan said he didn't have the info. How could he not know that? The only 2 reasons he'd revert to his go to move, bare face lying, is that the numbers aren't that good or he's a knob who sees any unspun info as a state secret.
Difference between a guy who has worked in the media most of his career and one who hasn't?

People like numbers. KT could have easily made that number up.

He has lied before. When they lost Renault as a sponsor, he said a new sponsor was in the pipeline. There wasn't one. Instead Oak got their logos front and back.

Let's not hold KT up as the bastion of good management.

That is the difference between us and them. They are good at selling a message.

KT, Kochie and Cos Cardone are media professionals.

We have Roo.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Dumb? The AFC?? Never...! :p

I thought it was hilarious when Wines was suspended and the Port people made suggestions that the Crows had organised the reporter to go there so he would get banned. I had to explain to my Port supporting mates that while it was a great conspiracy theory, the AFC couldn't organise a p!ss up in a brewery, let alone something clever like that!

And even if we were that devious surely we would target a good player, not Wines.

A couple of weeks ago I saw or heard both KT and Fagan on membership pledges to date. Both said was good, KT said a figure, might have been 89% or like that. Fagan said he didn't have the info. How could he not know that? The only 2 reasons he'd revert to his go to move, bare face lying, is that the numbers aren't that good or he's a knob who sees any unspun info as a state secret.

I reckon "you are 26th in the queue" when you ring the membership dept is a one of a few signs the clappers aren't entirety happy.

Nope - and too late now. I may e-mail the club for a please explain.

An email with a video thankyou from Tom Lynch arrived on Tuesday, the text at the bottom says they're going to email everyone in August with information on how to make the donation tax deductible for the 2020/21 financial year

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ok have thinking to do. After receiving refund from Sma thinking there would be no games with fans. Sma have told me they will allow me to reinstate it or wait to see what games look like. I obviously won’t be able to get another reimbursement. Do I pay it back? and take my chances in the ballots. Lots of matches for both clubs left at AO. Or wait to next year

I haven’t been through all the latest threads, but round 7 is a home game apparently to be determined by a ballot to see who can go. I didn’t pay a membership and a seat to go into a ballot. I know the clubs hands are tied but it is also unfair to us members. Half capacity is an absolute joke. No wonder the rest of Aus call us the nanny state!!

Club may not be able to help you. In order for it to be tax deductible the money goes to the Australian Sports Foundation, who then give it to the Crows. So to get your tax receipt you need to talk to the ASF, not the AFC.

Would the club need to physically give it the ASF on behalf of the member, who gets their tax deductible receipt and they then return it the $ to the club. Perhaps the receipt and deduction will take a small amount of administrative time and will be dated in the 2021 FY.

Would the club need to physically give it the ASF on behalf of the member, who gets their tax deductible receipt and they then return it the $ to the club. Perhaps the receipt and deduction will take a small amount of administrative time and will be dated in the 2021 FY.
Not sure, I got my receipt from the ASF on the 30th of June via email.

Really? I find that tax invoices/receipts are mostly sent at the time they're processed. brucetiki, what date did you pledge?

I pledged the day they sent the emails out and have heard nothing from either the AFC or ASF, despite being told I’d be notified around mid June.

I’ll see what the club‘s explanation is when I get a response. I have 12 months to follow up on it now.

Hmmm contact you early next week hey AFC. It's Wednesday the middle of the week! Early in the week is Monday or Tuesday! View attachment 908129

The club will probably provide details on how to access tickets the day after the game takes place, while telling the media we offered tickets to members and they didn't take them up.

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion 2020 Membership. What are you doing?

Back