Opinion 2020 Membership. What are you doing?

What are you doing with your membership for 2020?

• Current Gold Member downgrading to Silver

Votes: 21 14.5%
  • Current Silver member downgrading to Bronze (3 game)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Current Gold/Silver/Bronze member not renewing at all

Votes: 18 12.4%
  • Will only renew if you see active change in footy department/EXTERNAL review process

Votes: 40 27.6%
  • Keeping membership at same level/higher as 2019

Votes: 55 37.9%
  • Other

Votes: 11 7.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Hmmm contact you early next week hey AFC. It's Wednesday the middle of the week! Early in the week is Monday or Tuesday! View attachment 908129
Honestly, we haven't been able to find out about ticketing until a couple of days before each game up here. And when we thought we'd all be able to go to the games that didn't have the QLD teams playing, they've actually limited tickets available to us. It costs them money to open the stadiums so if they can get away with minimum staff and costs, they will.

There is a Loooot more money in MLB so they can do this without the financial consequences of doing so.
I agree there’s a lot more money involved, my comment was more about how simple they’ve made the process. No fuss and no BS.

I wonder what receiving a ticket does to the legitimacy of the tax deductible gift?

Not all of your membership fee will be tax deductible one would think. At least $60 won't be, and that's what the club can leverage to arrange seats for members without affecting the tax deductibility of the rest.

I pledged the day they sent the emails out and have heard nothing from either the AFC or ASF, despite being told I’d be notified around mid June.

I’ll see what the club‘s explanation is when I get a response. I have 12 months to follow up on it now.
I submitted my pledge twice because I received a reminder make my pledge a week after pledging (and I didn't get any confirmation emails from the first pledge) and I wanted to make sure they actually got my option, I got a confirmation email after the second pledge.

So maybe there was a glitch in the system early on and the submissions weren't getting through?

I submitted my pledge twice because I received a reminder make my pledge a week after pledging (and I didn't get any confirmation emails from the first pledge) and I wanted to make sure they actually got my option, I got a confirmation email after the second pledge.

So maybe there was a glitch in the system early on and the submissions weren't getting through?
We did it twice aswell

I got a confirmation e-mail about the pledge

Fages has spoken.....

Hi Everyone,

This season is like no other and it has been full of ups and downs, as well as twists and turns, but perhaps most exciting is the fact the Crows family can now come together to watch the team play at Adelaide Oval.

Like most things in these challenging times, it won’t be the same as it once was but it should be just as much fun. As you are probably aware, there will be restrictions on the crowd size which means unfortunately not all of us can attend the game against St Kilda on Monday 20 July.

The Adelaide Oval Stadium Management Authority and health experts have been working on a seating model that will maximise seating availability while also ensuring everyone’s safety. We are nearly there and expect the likely attendance will be in excess of 20,000. In addition to finalising a structure for seating, there will also be some adjusted protocols to ensure entry and exit and movement within the venue meets all necessary requirements.

With this in mind, we are running a ballot for all eligible members who have committed to ‘Stand With Us’ in 2020. Priority will be provided to those members who have pledged their support despite the uncertainty about the season. Further information will be provided later this week about the entry process and what steps you will need to take.

Not that long ago it looked unlikely we would be sharing in the excitement of a home game together but now we are confident of more matches being scheduled at Adelaide Oval in the weeks ahead. I would like to sincerely thank all of you for your unwavering support. It has been a very tough start to the season but I know Nicksy and the boys can’t wait to have you alongside them on game day!

We Fly As One!

Imagine how many phone calls.would not have needed to be made had they put the $60 home membership option as a simple click and submit.

Witholding it is not a cash grab. It will cost more (financially and Goodwill) "hiding" it. It is is just dumb process.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Anyone emailed Fagan and asked for an explanation of this?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fages has spoken.....

Hi Everyone,

This season is like no other and it has been full of ups and downs, as well as twists and turns, but perhaps most exciting is the fact the Crows family can now come together to watch the team play at Adelaide Oval.

Like most things in these challenging times, it won’t be the same as it once was but it should be just as much fun. As you are probably aware, there will be restrictions on the crowd size which means unfortunately not all of us can attend the game against St Kilda on Monday 20 July.

The Adelaide Oval Stadium Management Authority and health experts have been working on a seating model that will maximise seating availability while also ensuring everyone’s safety. We are nearly there and expect the likely attendance will be in excess of 20,000. In addition to finalising a structure for seating, there will also be some adjusted protocols to ensure entry and exit and movement within the venue meets all necessary requirements.

With this in mind, we are running a ballot for all eligible members who have committed to ‘Stand With Us’ in 2020. Priority will be provided to those members who have pledged their support despite the uncertainty about the season. Further information will be provided later this week about the entry process and what steps you will need to take.

Not that long ago it looked unlikely we would be sharing in the excitement of a home game together but now we are confident of more matches being scheduled at Adelaide Oval in the weeks ahead. I would like to sincerely thank all of you for your unwavering support. It has been a very tough start to the season but I know Nicksy and the boys can’t wait to have you alongside them on game day!

We Fly As One!

Bit of a nothing e-mail with no new information to be honest. Good to see the members that pledged will get priority.

I wonder if the delay to the ballot is to try and fit in a few thousand more into the game.

So if I pledged 50% Is my membership number already automatically in the ballot to go to the Stkilda game or will I have to nominate via an email link that the AFC send us that I'd like to partake in the ballot?

So if I pledged 50% Is my membership number already automatically in the ballot to go to the Stkilda game or will I have to nominate via an email link that the AFC send us that I'd like to partake in the ballot?

You will need to nominate via an email link when it comes. You don't automatically go in the ballot.

I haven’t been through all the latest threads, but round 7 is a home game apparently to be determined by a ballot to see who can go. I didn’t pay a membership and a seat to go into a ballot. I know the clubs hands are tied but it is also unfair to us members. Half capacity is an absolute joke. No wonder the rest of Aus call us the nanny state!!
Your post is confusing, if you didn't pay a membership, are you are member?

Like a raffle? You've paid for a ticket in the raffle, whether you win or not it's not a tax deductible gift.
But in this case you don't pay to be in the ballot/raffle.

Although the membership does qualify you to enter the ballot.

I guess this is part of the reason the entire pledge is not tax deductible.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

I have not requested a refund and I paid my entire $600+ membership upfront. After waiting for a couple of weeks for them to respond to my email requesting a phone call, I decided to simply ignore all future communication from the club. Do I go in a lottery or as a fully paid upmember am I guaranteed a ticket for the St Kilda match?

My bush lawyer view is that I paid the AFC $600+ dollars for the right to attend 11 matches at Adelaide Oval. I have upheld my part of the agreement but they haven’t. Is it legally enforceable for them to impose a cut off date for members to request a part or total refund?

Should every member that has pledged $40 or more go into the lottery? Should those who have pledged 100% get first allocation of the tickets or do they get 2 tickets in the lottery, 75% gets you one and a half tickets and 50% one ticket?

I expect that it won’t be a problem. If there are 20,000 tickets available the problem will be finding 20,000 Crow members willing to go to the match 🙄.

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion 2020 Membership. What are you doing?

Back