List Mgmt. 2020 Trade Targets

Remove this Banner Ad

We aren't getting DeGoey. Victorian born Marquee players don't leave the likes of Collingwood in pretty much any circumstances let alone in their prime to play for clubs like us. It just doesn't happen. This is not to sh*t can who we are, it's just reality.
Carey did :)

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

The fact that this is being openly talked about in the media is going to force the AFL to knock these deals on the head. It wouldn't be the first time that the AFL have done it.

The Crows could end up with pick 2 but having to send significant picks back the other way, or else Saints end up having to keep their spuds and over pay for Crouch.

On SM-G960F using
BigFooty.com mobile app

It seems like tampering with the system, but I guess it is legit.
I could be wrong but it was suggested we helped Geelong do this with the Motlop RFA. I can't recall the details but the gist was that somehow we helped Geelong (ie front-loading Motlops contract) to ensure they got and end of first round pick to get G Ablett back.

I could be wrong but it was suggested we helped Geelong do this with the Motlop RFA. I can't recall the details but the gist was that somehow we helped Geelong (ie front-loading Motlops contract) to ensure they got and end of first round pick to get G Ablett back.
I guess slightly different to taking on 2 players as a salary dump though.

Yeah I'll search back through Motlops trade thread when/if I get a chance but I recall that Geelong may have paid some of his contract (somehow) to ensure they got a better compensation pick. I could be wrong - my memories not what it used to be.

It would be great if the Crows take on the 2 players then thenAFL review the priority pick and decide the formula has produced an anomaly and push it back to 19.

On SM-G960F using
BigFooty.com mobile app

Would we be in the market for DeGoey?

He'd be a very handy Robbie replacement
I remember 1 year at my local club we had a chap who would get day release to play Footy for the day. After the game he’d walk back to Yatala.

Yeah I'll search back through Motlops trade thread when/if I get a chance but I recall that Geelong may have paid some of his contract (somehow) to ensure they got a better compensation pick. I could be wrong - my memories not what it used to be.
Here's an article from Feb 2018 explaining the FA Compensation Formula.

If you can't get through the paywall the here's an important paragraph -

"The AFL has deliberately avoided letting the clubs know the compensation formula, in part because of concerns that it will be manipulated - as some clubs have contemplated.
Clubs have discussed deals in which a player would be paid enough to earn a first-round pick, and then the club receiving the pick would pay part of the salary of a different player in a ‘‘separate’’ trade."

Front loading doesn’t mean anything, they judge the whole contract. You’re giving credence to porkies some no nothing loser tried to pass off to someone.

Draft tampering? Sounds more like bullshit made up by Garry Lyon.

Who the heck is Jimmy Webster? I can't believe the #42 pick in the 2011 national draft is on mega-bucks (yes I Googled him :p).

When I hear the name Jimmy Webster I picture him looking like this.

250px-Joey.png

And he has 'Little' at the front of his name.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I feel like im living in a bizarro world where Shaun McKernan is a decent player.

How he has carved out the career he has by playing 2 good games in 11 years I dont know

He's been an inspiration to Kyle Hartigan.

Clubs started bitching when the AFL themselves suggested to Essendon to void Ryder's contract to get Essendon a compo first round pick (then Port sends Essendon a first for another player).

****ed league if Adelaide/Saints are allowed to do that.

If Adelaide and StKilda can do that then why doesnt everyone do it? All you need to do is take some crap contracts and you get band 1 compo. Everyone will do it if they let it happen.
Their biggest problem is that it has hit the media so early.

There is enough time for a groundswell of complaints from fans, the media and other clubs and the AFL won't like it.

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Isn't each trade meant to be considered separately? Sure Adelaide can take on a couple of Saints players, but it's meant to be considered that's a deal a club would do, even if no other deal was being done.

lol we salary dumped Lobbe onto Carlton. Salary dumping is not a new thing. If salary dumping allows them to pay crouch more to get band 1, I don't think that's manipulating anything outside of the rules - it's just working your list to pay certain players more, which happens all the time.

The real eye brow raiser is the crows are willing to take on two trash players to get a higher pick. It's pretty funny.

Isn't each trade meant to be considered separately? Sure Adelaide can take on a couple of Saints players, but it's meant to be considered that's a deal a club would do, even if no other deal was being done.
The 2 deals are....

Crows send a couple later draft picks StKilda's way and score a couple ordinary players, absorbing their salaries.
Saints bid for Crouch with their new cap space, which inflates the offer and gets the Crows pick #2.

They're 2 separate deals, the first one a big win for the Saints, and the second a huge win for the Crows.

There has to be a lot of goodwill in this to get the deal done, which is where the 'tampering' comes in. The deals themselves are fine, but the reason behind them being done is technically manipulating the rules/tampering for their benefit and I'm not sure that the AFL can do anything about it.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2020 Trade Targets

Remove this Banner Ad

Back