List Mgmt. 2020 Trade Watch

Remove this Banner Ad

Current no. of players on the list
Senior list - 34 (2-4 free*)
Rookie (Cat A) - 4 (0-2 free*)
Rookie (Cat B) - 2 (0 free)
Maximum list size of 44. Up to 36-38 senior list, 4-6 category A rookie list and 2 category B rookie list.
* Total of four list spots available, with a minimum of 2 senior list spots needing to be utilised.

List changes
IN: Daniher, Cockatoo, Uosis (R)
OUT: Christensen, Wooller, Allison (R), Skinner (R), Eagles (R), C. Lyons (R), Martin, Witherden, Cox, Hinge.
PROMOTED: Fullarton.
ROOKIED: Birchall, Mathieson, Ballendan.

Current picks
25, 53, 58, 69, 70
(2021 - 1st (MEL), 1st, 3rd (WCE), 3rd, 4th (MEL), 4th (COLL), 5th)

Useful links
2020 trade news compendium
List changes, contract status and key dates
2020 draft discussion thread

Last edited:
Probably about as big of a long shot as it gets but Marlion Pickett is still unsigned...
No for me too,
Would like to get Menengola to the club for a couple of years though.
Could replace Robbo on the wing.

Probably about as big of a long shot as it gets but Marlion Pickett is still unsigned...

Reports today that he will sign a 2 year extension.

I think he is quite average.

Fish on afl.com this morning >

Who they're after: Essendon restricted free agent Joe Daniher has already indicated he's keen to join the Lions. They're also interested in injury-plagued Cat Nakia Cockatoo and don't be surprised if there's another midfielder on the radar we're not aware of yet.

Dream trade period: The priority is to get Daniher, Cockatoo and another classy midfielder/forward through the door, even at the expense of future picks. – Michael Whiting

Looking forward to finding out who this midfielder could be :think:.
So many whispers going around that we are after another mid. I wonder if that is someone like Treloar or Hunter or someone a bit younger like an Ainsworth, SPS or Higgins. Either way, make no mistakes about it, Fagan and Noble are going to be ultra aggressive in improving our list for a shot at the flag next year. Zorko and Rich aren't getting any younger, Neale, Lyons and Cameron are in their prime. We are bringing in Daniher who is a KPF entering his prime years. It looks like we have identified another quality mid/forward as an area of need and the club will leave no stone unturned in recruiting someone to fill that role. Cockatoo fits the mould but I think we are also hunting someone of high quality. Very curious to see who that is.

So many whispers going around that we are after another mid. I wonder if that is someone like Treloar or Hunter or someone a bit younger like an Ainsworth, SPS or Higgins. Either way, make no mistakes about it, Fagan and Noble are going to be ultra aggressive in improving our list for a shot at the flag next year. Zorko and Rich aren't getting any younger, Neale, Lyons and Cameron are in their prime. We are bringing in Daniher who is a KPF entering his prime years. It looks like we have identified another quality mid/forward as an area of need and the club will leave no stone unturned in recruiting someone to fill that role. Cockatoo fits the mould but I think we are also hunting someone of high quality. Very curious to see who that is.
I doubt we will get Treloar. It's been reported his on $900,000 for those 5 years of his contract. I can understand why Pies want to get rid of him.

Would be interested in Jed Anderson. North want picks

A bit too similar to Lyons I think. Would want a more balanced mid.

I can't believe Anderson didn't poll a Brownlow vote when we played North this year. Clearly best on ground that day.

Would be a massive long shot but I wonder if we could lure Elliot Yeo back to the club?

Would be a massive long shot but I wonder if we could lure Elliot Yeo back to the club?
Has he just done the same thing that Daniher has struggled with for a couple of years?

Please no to Treloar. Ball use and hammys are a big concern. Will cost too much at the trade table and too much salary wise. Would consider selecting him in my fantasy football team, but don’t want him at the Lions. In saying that, he seems like a ripper bloke and speaks well.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In a shock move, Brisbane have signed Elliot Yep, Sam Docherty, Billy Longer, Jared Polec and Patrick Karnezis for the 2021 AFL season.

"We wanted to come back home and finish what we started." Karnezis said whilst slurping down a bowl of his Mums famous spaghetti.

"Brisbane are on the cusp of something special, and I feel my ability to avoid contests and take cheap kicks will help them win the flag." Stated Polec at today's press conference.

"Brisbane finally agreed to pay me an extra 10k so am happy to return to the club. They've also assured me water bottles are no longer handled by Tom Rockliff, and I was sold." Elliot Yeo stated matter of factly.

"I can AFL? That's umpossible!" Longer stated while counting his Pokemon cards.

Lastly, "Who actually wants to play for Carltank?" Said Docherty to a round of cheers from the playing group.

Let's get hypothetical, if we COULD get Oliver (and if there is a chance, we MUST try), what could we realistically offer Melbourne to get it done?
Yeah it's silly season. Oliver would cost us 2 years worth of first rounders. Trelour is a pipe dream but he would cost us a lot less I would expect. If it wasn't for his insane salary I would be more comfortable taking him over Oliver due to trade costs vs output. But don't want either.

Would hope the Lions have Charles chatting to little bro about a move east

Don't think we'd need him tbh. We've already got Charlie, Kiddy and will soon have Blake Coleman. How many small forwards does one need?

Yeah it's silly season. Oliver would cost us 2 years worth of first rounders. Trelour is a pipe dream but he would cost us a lot less I would expect. If it wasn't for his insane salary I would be more comfortable taking him over Oliver due to trade costs vs output. But don't want either.
We have two years worth of first-rounders this year. #justsayin

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2020 Trade Watch

Remove this Banner Ad

Back