List Mgmt. 2020 Trade Watch

Remove this Banner Ad

Current no. of players on the list
Senior list - 34 (2-4 free*)
Rookie (Cat A) - 4 (0-2 free*)
Rookie (Cat B) - 2 (0 free)
Maximum list size of 44. Up to 36-38 senior list, 4-6 category A rookie list and 2 category B rookie list.
* Total of four list spots available, with a minimum of 2 senior list spots needing to be utilised.

List changes
IN: Daniher, Cockatoo, Uosis (R)
OUT: Christensen, Wooller, Allison (R), Skinner (R), Eagles (R), C. Lyons (R), Martin, Witherden, Cox, Hinge.
PROMOTED: Fullarton.
ROOKIED: Birchall, Mathieson, Ballendan.

Current picks
25, 53, 58, 69, 70
(2021 - 1st (MEL), 1st, 3rd (WCE), 3rd, 4th (MEL), 4th (COLL), 5th)

Useful links
2020 trade news compendium
List changes, contract status and key dates
2020 draft discussion thread

Last edited:
There’s a strategy here I’m not seeing - what are our current picks? Must be thinking 25 will get eaten up by an earlyish Coleman bid plus a late pick for Fullartn upgrade? Or do we not even need a pick for that anymore

Pick 25 might likely be pushed back, not sure to what extent....maybe say 32. It also depends on any bidding that happens between pick 19 and 25

It’s pretty clear no team was willing to offload an earlier pick for our two firsts this year. This year the draft is insanely compromised let alone none of the vic kids playing. Two first round picks in next years draft is a much better decision (ours and Melbourne)
Just think of the players that bolted up the draft order in recent times. Oliver and Bont to name a few. Next years draft looks deep before these sliders are injected from this year. Personally I think it’s a great idea to get out of this years draft

If Melbourne make finals this will be looked at as a shocker of a trade, worse than Gold Coast pick swap with us

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On second thought it's basically changing two first round picks this year for two in a stronger draft that won't be compromised by NGA picks. Even if Melbourne finish up the ladder by virtue of the strength of the draft we'll be taking picks from that's probably a win.

More melts in-coming
This is what I was expecting but surprised at the responses.

I don't like it. A first round pick and a six pick downgrade for a round and a half upgrade next year. I'm risk adverse at the best of times and this could easily end up like the Suns trading for our future pick.

Seems like a decent trade, especially considering that picks 18/19 could get pushed well into the mid-late 20's. I'd much prefer having the flexibility of two 2021 first round picks.

Pretty cruisey draft night this year.
_____ (25)
Coleman
Fullerton

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So with first pick now (currently) 25, are they still hoping to get a pick in before a Coleman bid or expecting to us 25 for Coleman?
There's no way we'd use 25 on Coleman if he hasn't been bid on. I'd expect us to be tipping afterwards.

It feels like we keep going double or nothing on these future first round picks in the hope of randomly getting a top 5 pick at some point.
Melbourne is a pretty good bet.
They just had their good year.

I think many in here are overrating Melbourne. They have a history of losing for the last 20 years, bar one year.

At best I have them sneaking in around 8th but easily could see them finishing in the 9th-13th bracket.

This is what I was expecting but surprised at the responses.

I don't like it. A first round pick and a six pick downgrade for a round and a half upgrade next year. I'm risk adverse at the best of times and this could easily end up like the Suns trading for our future pick.

Will be interesting to hear what Dom Ambrogio has to say about the move. Wouldn't surprise me if they did it to avoid the risk of picking players they don't know enough about.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2020 Trade Watch

Remove this Banner Ad

Back