List Mgmt. 2020 Trade Watch

Remove this Banner Ad

Current no. of players on the list
Senior list - 34 (2-4 free*)
Rookie (Cat A) - 4 (0-2 free*)
Rookie (Cat B) - 2 (0 free)
Maximum list size of 44. Up to 36-38 senior list, 4-6 category A rookie list and 2 category B rookie list.
* Total of four list spots available, with a minimum of 2 senior list spots needing to be utilised.

List changes
IN: Daniher, Cockatoo, Uosis (R)
OUT: Christensen, Wooller, Allison (R), Skinner (R), Eagles (R), C. Lyons (R), Martin, Witherden, Cox, Hinge.
PROMOTED: Fullarton.
ROOKIED: Birchall, Mathieson, Ballendan.

Current picks
25, 53, 58, 69, 70
(2021 - 1st (MEL), 1st, 3rd (WCE), 3rd, 4th (MEL), 4th (COLL), 5th)

Useful links
2020 trade news compendium
List changes, contract status and key dates
2020 draft discussion thread

Last edited:
Dogs did well this week

DOGS GET: Treloar, 26, 33 and 42
PIES GET: Pick 14 and future 2nd round pick

They had to use 14 for there NGA kid.
So now use 26,33,42 instead

So basically give up a future 2nd
Plus they keep Dunkley by the looks
Strong midfield

So heading into 2021, would this be the power rankings?:

1. Richmond
2. Geelong
3. Brisbane
4. Port Adelaide
5. St Kilda
6. Footscray
7. Melbourne
8. West Coast

Fair?
I think the Blues could make the 8 next season and potentially push the Demons out, I'd have the Eagles in front of the Demons.... particularly after bringing in an elite half back.

“On behalf of Collingwood I would like to thank Adam for his service. He was a committed and strong performer for us and we wish him well.

“For some time we have held the view that this year’s draft represents an excellent opportunity to address some of our needs. We think in the short term we can improve from within but we can also now strengthen the profile of our list for the medium and longer term. This deal improves significantly our ability to do that.

“With the draft assets we now have, we also have the ability over the next couple of weeks to explore ways of improving our draft position further.”

Heh

Giants did really well by holding on for Cameron. All three of Cats first rounders. Letting Hately go to the PSD for free not great but clearly had a different focus.
Looks like Geelong paid for Hately too.

Interesting on AFL website Daren Glass.
It really came about quite late. Alex and his management reached out to use right before Trade Period and we went from there.
I suspect that Alex felt like it was a good fit. I think they (Witherden and his manager) put their homework in…it’s unusual for us to get Victorian-based players here without drafting them. Generally we’re scouting WA boys but Alex put his hand up.
That changes the narrative that we pushed him out the door. Seems mutual after end of season reviews

For anyone thinking that we overpaid for Daniher to get here as a free agent just has to look at what Geelong paid for Cameron. And we would've been dealing with Dodoro.

Ended up turning those picks into an extra future first in what appears to be a good draft for our troubles. Pass GO, collect $200.

I think the Blues could make the 8 next season and potentially push the Demons out, I'd have the Eagles in front of the Demons.... particularly after bringing in an elite half back.
I know they lost a couple but think GWS could still be a chance to bounce back above Melbourne as well

Nah can't be right. The club is a heartless place run by dictators who ruthlessly threw him out of the club destroying the culture remember. Can't at all be that maybe he was told he isn't best 22 next year in his exit review, and he took it upon himself to go find a club that will give him senior games. Shock horror, Witho actually left on his own accord.

Hope all the people who were quick to blast the club about this have a good long think about jumping to conclusions and being so irate over things that they are only guessing at.
Are you still buying that?

IMO a mayes ing summed it perfectly in the RWT:

Surely, it was instigated by the club. If we wanted to keep him, then we wouldn't be giving him away for not much and paying a portion/significant portion of his salary despite having 2 years on his contract.

How can you say Alex would proactively start looking around in Perth of all places if he hadn't been pushed out with two years on his contract when he loved the club, city and his teammates?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Q
Giants did really well by holding on for Cameron. All three of Cats first rounders. Letting Hately go to the PSD for free not great but clearly had a different focus.

Wow. Three first round picks isn’t just what they lose this year, it will impact for a few years to come.

I still don’t understand how they manage to stay within the salary cap.

IMO a mayes ing summed it perfectly in the RWT:
There's no contradiction between that and what chopperduck said. The club telling him he won't be best 22 next year and should probably move on for his own good counts as being instigated by the club, but it isn't mistreatment on the scale of Treloar and Collingwood.

How can you say Alex would proactively start looking around in Perth of all places if he hadn't been pushed out with two years on his contract when he loved the club, city and his teammates?
Because smart managers look for the best opportunities for their clients when they're not going to get good opportunities at their present club? That includes Perth.

Might have been covered already, but what's the theory behind us collecting so many late picks... 53, 58, 63, 68, 69? Surely we don't need all of those to match a bid for Coleman. They are junk picks. The draft isn't expected to run past 40 or 50 kids this year, yet we gained these picks in our trades as though we wanted them. Confused.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2020 Trade Watch

Remove this Banner Ad

Back