AFL 2021 Brownlow Medal (any results after no posting is automatic card)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oliver
Bont
Steele
Wines

All top 5

$2.99

Thoughts?

They are in the top 5 for every count I’ve seen
Yeah looks a pretty safe multi to me

Seen the brownlow predictor on the afl site? Wines not even top 10. Imagine the chaos on here if that turns out to be true.

Multi-ing four players for top 5 is a bad strategy for the same reason that multi-ing multiple teams for top 4/8 is bad. Its basically the reverse of taking a multi with related results. If 3 of the top 5 positions are already counted for then that 4th selection is going to be unders because there is only two positions left in that top 5 but still priced as if there are 5

Multi-ing four players for top 5 is a bad strategy for the same reason that multi-ing multiple teams for top 4/8 is bad. Its basically the reverse of taking a multi with related results. If 3 of the top 5 positions are already counted for then that 4th selection is going to be unders because there is only two positions left in that top 5 but still priced as if there are 5
This would basically apply to all our other big top 10/ top 20 multis to varying extents :think::'(
Bloody Sportsbet, explains why they not letting us team multi for now while allowing us to go crazy with the top 5/10/20

Last edited:
I don't have Wines in my top 5

But I've got a Walsh and Steele draw on 30 each so what would I know?

Very interesting how wide the range of votes for Wines could possibly be. It really varies a lot between counts. He realistically could fall anywhere between 26 and 32.

Surely SB will allow us to combine Top 20 with top 10 and top 5 etc? Not sure why they wouldn’t. I had a bit of a look at it earlier this morning and I found a bit of value, obviously a fair bit of risk with Parish but could be worth chucking something on.

Oliver top 5 -$1.30
Steele top 5 - $1.50
Parish top 5 - $2.50

$5.19 boosted.

Parish is going to poll plenty of votes during the middle part of the season, not overly convinced it’s going to be enough for top 5 but he’s going to be close, $2.50 is some nice value.

Sportsbet BYO is up now. Only got a couple regarding Wines sharing the brownlow with Bont/Steele/Oliver

Hopefully more come soon

Brad crouch still value for crows most team votes I think
Had a bit of a purple patch mid season which should be enough to beat a spud like Dunstan

Nice of SB to finally allow team vote multis

did a few today, main legs I’m worried about:

Tex - hopefully he gets 9 in the first 3 games and holds on. Keays potential BOG in the final round will be scary as it could get him the win over Tex

De Goey - Adams is a threat but hoping umps find JDG more eye catching

Parish - has some secured 3 vote games but I think Merrett will poll in more games in the back half of the year, hope he can hold on

(Log in to remove this ad.)

betfair brownlow medal predictor has bailey smith on top without mcrae/bont. Has him on 9.5 with treloar next at 6 and libba at 4.5

odds on SB 2.50 for libba, bailey smith 2.75 and treloar 7

always trust it the most out of the counts out there

Lads i have a bet on brayshaw for top 20 @ $34 thanks to someone who posted this bet earlier in the thread.

he is into $2.25 now but i don't think he will make it unfortunately.

any ideas if there a way to guarantee a profit/hedge the bet?

only thing i can think of is to request a BYO.

cheers!

This would basically apply to all our other big top 10/ top 20 multis to varying extents :think::'(
Bloody Sportsbet, explains why they not letting us team multi for now while allowing us to go crazy with the top 5/10/20

are they still allowing the top 20/10/5 multis? Tried one then and the multi price isn’t coming up

Not many counts being posted - is everyone waiting for markets to drop?
FWIW here's my 2021 final standings.

Hoping DeGoey and/or Sheed can sneak inside the Top 20 for a handsome collect.

1Ollie Wines30
1Clayton Oliver30
3Marcus Bontempelli29
4Jack Steele28
5Christian Petracca26
6Sam Walsh25
7Touk Miller24
8Tom Mitchell23
8Darcy Parish23
8Zach Merrett23
11Travis Boak20
12Jack Macrae19
13Rory Laird18
14Jarryd Lyons17
14Cam Guthrie17
14David Mundy17
17Luke Parker16
18Josh Kelly15
19Dayne Zorko14
19Hugh McCluggage14
19Callum Mills14
22Jordan DeGoey13
22Max Gawn13
22Dom Sheed13
25Dustin Martin12
25Ben Cunnington12
25Tim Taranto12
25Andrew Brayshaw12

Good luck to all.

Wow! $3.75 for Oliver/Bont/Wines boxes Trifecta

That’s printing money. Bit of talk about Steal and the like but at those odds that’s just free money.

Any order 1-2-3 and you win…

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back