AFL 2021 Brownlow Medal (any results after no posting is automatic card)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'd caution everyone to go easy on Top 5/10/20 multis as ties can really fk up your odds. Would definitely recommend waiting for the 10/15/20/25+ votes markets as a lot more predictable and you aren't relying on the votes of others for your bets to get up.

I'd caution everyone to go easy on Top 5/10/20 multis as ties can really fk up your odds. Would definitely recommend waiting for the 10/15/20/25+ votes markets as a lot more predictable and you aren't relying on the votes of others for your bets to get up.

very true, I got way too trigger happy. Have to step away.

The trouble I have with a multi across different bands like 5, 10 and 20 is the likelihood of a tie in each band

BF predictor has Parish and Merrett on 24 and 23.5 for 10th for example.

You're giving yourself 3 chances at a tie and tanking your odds...

The trouble I have with a multi across different bands like 5, 10 and 20 is the likelihood of a tie in each band

BF predictor has Parish and Merrett on 24 and 23.5 for 10th for example.

You're giving yourself 3 chances at a tie and tanking your odds...
Yep - I think it’s best to just minimise the legs in each

Won't matter relative to the problem?

If you have Parish bet for top 10 and he ties with Merrett in 10th, it'll tank the odds of the entire multi anyway...

That risk is then multiplied by 3 by doing 5, 10, & 20
It’s true - I just meant that the less players there are the less chance of a tie

(Log in to remove this ad.)

BYB
mitchell, Walsh 22+ votes
Steele, Bont and Oliver 28+ votes
$5

anyone else think this is decent?
will be close but could certainly pay off especially with some of the counts going around

BYB
mitchell, Walsh 22+ votes
Steele, Bont and Oliver 28+ votes
$5

anyone else think this is decent?
will be close but could certainly pay off especially with some of the counts going around

Is a very good chance of getting up, good odds aswell

Legitimately left a zero off those odds.

Given three players polling 28+ alone has only ever happened once ever i would say $5 is awful unders particular when the fav isn't even one of the 3.

Then you still need the other blokes to poll 22 as well
An extra 0 would be nice lol, appreciate your opinion though as you make valid points! Just trying to gauge what others think as there is stuff all value in these BYBs at the moment.

My final count

Final count
1. J. Steele 29
2. C. Oliver 28
3. M. Bontempelli 27
4. O. Wines 26
5. S. Walsh 25
6. Z. Merrett, C. Petracca 23
8. T. Mitchell 22
9. T. Miller 20
10. T. Boak, J. Macrae 19

Main things that concern me are Walsh seems overpolled, and I have Oliver polling in an extraordinary amount of games - if he has a good polling year he could go 33+, if he argued with the umps too much he will be around 22-23!

It's not all that whack to have 8 players over 20 - 2019 and 2016 were similar years. Plus this year has seen a fair amount of mids consistently churn out huge numbers week in week out, so I fully expect the standouts to poll well in wins and scab a few in losses.
I did see someone discussing the top heaviness of their top 20 - discussed 36% being a common number for previous years. I had 35.3%.

Really hope I'm close to the mark, not just for betting but makes Brownlow night interesting, goes into round 23 with Bont 27, Steele 26, Oliver, Walsh 25, Wines 24 - just a few here and there and it's a 3 or 4 way tie..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back