AFL 2021 Brownlow Medal (any results after no posting is automatic card)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone please explain the team handicap market - just a bit confused by it. Thanks.

example

TAB has

Laird (+0)
Keays (+10.5)
Taylor Walker (+10.5)
Lachlan Sholl (+17.5)

So, say these are the final votes they all receive at the end of the night

Laird 19 votes
Keays 9 votes
Walker 8 votes
Lachlan Sholl 4

Then what's in the brackets (their handicap) is then added to their actual votes to create a new total. Who ever has the highest wins....

in this case would be

Winner
Lachie Sholl - 4 (actual votes) + 17.5 (handicap) = 21.5 votes..

FYI Here is my count for 2021

TEAMS

Adel

Laird 19
Keays 9
Walker 8

Bris

Llyons 20
Mcluggage 16
Zorko 11
Neale 8

Carlton

Walsh - 25
Mckay - 6
Curnow - 5
Cripps - 4

Coll

DeGoey - 10
Adams - 10
Crisp -7

Ess

Merrett - 25
Parish - 23
Stringer - 11

Freo

Mundy - 16
Brayshaw - 13
Fyfe - 9

Geelong

Guthrie - 19
Danger - 10
Hawkins - 8
Selwood - 8

Gold Coast

Miller - 23
Anderson - 6
Greenwood - 5
Ellis - 3

GWS

Kelly - 17
Hopper - 10
Greene - 10
Taranto - 9

Hawks

Mitchell - 27
Omeara - 9
Wingard - 8

Melb

Oliver - 30
Petracca - 29
Gawn - 13

North Melb

Simpkin - 11
Cunnington - 11

Port

Wines - 32
Boak - 24
Amon - 12

Richmond

Dusty - 13
Reiwoldt - 7
Bolton - 6

STK

Steele - 31
Dunstan - 6
Crouch - 6

Sydney

Parker - 22
Mills - 13
Franklin - 10
Heeney - 9

Western Bulldogs

Bont - 30
Macrae - 22
Smith - 7
Libba - 7
Treloar - 5

West Coast

Sheed - 12
Kelly - 10
Gaff - 9

TOP 5,10,20

Wines - 32
Steele - 31
Bont - 30
Oliver - 30
Petracca - 29

Mitchell - 27
Walsh - 25
Merrett - 25
Parish - 23
Miller - 23
Boak -23

Macrae - 22
Parker - 22
Llyons - 20
Laird - 19
Guthrie - 19
Kelly - 17
Mcluggage -16
Mundy -16

Can someone please explain the team handicap market - just a bit confused by it. Thanks.
Screen Shot 2021-09-09 at 2.57.51 pm.png

To keep it simple it means , the player with theh handicap eg Steven May gets a +27.5 vote head start on a player Like Clayton Oliver. If its a May v Langdon, May would have to make back a 1 vote disadvantage and have to make up that line, to at least equal him or better.

Speaking of overlay margins, reckon some of those are filthy odds from the TAB. I mean 137.23% margins .............was hoping to see around 115-118% margins or thereabouts. I guess if you have confidence in your counts by all means back it....I just dont want to be involved in too many markets like this going ahead.....

another note is with the TAB handicaps, you could get an instance where two or more players tied. Hypothetic example is, assuming Tom McDonald polled 7 votes and Petracca polled 28 votes, and were the equal leaders, you would be paid half your payout.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does anyone have vote counts for:

Kosi
Short
Heppell
Hurn
Houli
Houston
Goldstein
Sloane
Swallow

Also has anyone done total team vote counts? cheers!

Morning all. Long time admirer of the open discussion in this thread, first time contributor.
A few people shouted out my Brownlow dashboard in here a few weeks back (cheers!) but I unfortunately had to take it down temporarily to do some much needed repairs/upgrades.
Happy to say it's now back online and ready to go! From the dash you should be able to generate rated prices/probabilities for just about any market currently offered (apart from a few of the more complex BYOs...).

Check it out here: https://ashwalls.shinyapps.io/MonteChaRlo/

Enjoy!

1631317236997.png

Morning all. Long time admirer of the open discussion in this thread, first time contributor.
A few people shouted out my Brownlow dashboard in here a few weeks back (cheers!) but I unfortunately had to take it down temporarily to do some much needed repairs/upgrades.
Happy to say it's now back online and ready to go! From the dash you should be able to generate rated prices/probabilities for just about any market currently offered (apart from a few of the more complex BYOs...).

Check it out here: https://ashwalls.shinyapps.io/MonteChaRlo/

Enjoy!

View attachment 1232398
To confirm, this does not cost $40?

To confirm, this does not cost $40?

Can confirm $0! Full credit to the other bloke for trying to sell ice to an eskimo by posting in this thread though.

On a side note - I'm personally a big advocate of educating others where I can rather than simply sharing tips, so if you're interested in the modelling approach behind what you see on the dashboard have a read of this post I wrote at the start of the season:

Last edited:
Can confirm $0! Full credit to the other bloke for trying to sell ice to an eskimo by posting in this thread though.

On a side note - I'm personally a big advocate of educating others where I can rather than simply sharing tips, so if you're interested in the modelling approach behind what you see on the dashboard have a read of this post I wrote at the start of the season:
I'd appreciate it if you didn't educate bookies how to do it better....

Hi all, to those that have followed the Brownlow for years, which sources tend to be the most accurate?

I personally rate BYB a lot, but it sounds like Betfair has a decent track record to? Anything else?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back