Who would you rather have, Nick Daicos or Sam Darcy?

Who would you rather have?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Taper

Club Legend
Jun 9, 2023
AFL Club
Geelong
Darcy was taken pick 2 of the 2021 draft, Daicos pick 4. Both father son nominations and matched bids.

Daicos has shown more, but Darcy is a rare package.

If you were building a team from scratch and had to pick between these two, who would you pick?

Last edited by a moderator:

Daicos for me. Darcy has played 1 amazing game, vs one of the worst backlines in the comp. Daicos is in the mix for the brownlow medal for the second straight year and he's only 21. Can't go wrong either way though.
can we stop talking about the brownlow like it's some be all end all award? the coaches award and aflpa mean much more than the umpire's award.

1. Jason Horne-Frances
2. Sam Darcy
3. Finn Callaghan
4. Nick Daicos
5. Mac Andrew

That looks almost certain to be 5 generational players with the first 5 picks. Has this ever happened before? What other drafts challenge it?

2001 had a big first three but a not-so-great 4 & 5.
2004 had Deledio, Roughead, Griffen and Buddy, but pick #4 sticks out like a sore thumb.
2005 had Marc Murphy, Dale Thomas, Xavier Ellis, Josh Kennedy and Scott Pendlebury. That will probably be the closest competition to 2021.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Daicos for me. Darcy has played 1 amazing game, vs one of the worst backlines in the comp. Daicos is in the mix for the brownlow medal for the second straight year and he's only 21. Can't go wrong either way though.
One amazing game only 🤣

When was the last time the first three picks in a draft turned out to be the top three players from that draft? It looks like a strong possibility with Hornet, Daicos and Darcy.
It's a blight on this sport that two of them were part of this utterly embarrassing and ludicrous Father-Son rule.

What would you consider an amazing game? His second best game is 14 touches, 7 marks and 4 goals, great game for sure. But in a 90 point flogging vs Richmond? James Harmes kicked 4 and had 27 touches that day 😂
He doesn't just plonk himself in the goal square and try to take marks. If you actually knew about him properly you would know he goes into the ruck or involved in chains all around the ground too. His agility and footy IQ allows him to do that. Going by goals kicked is not the indication you only go by.

He doesn't just plonk himself in the goal square and try to take marks. If you actually knew about him properly you would know he goes into the ruck or involved in chains all around the ground too. His agility and footy IQ allows him to do that. Going by goals kicked is not the indication you only go by.
I'm aware of that, I just don't think it was an amazing game

Remove this Banner Ad

Who would you rather have, Nick Daicos or Sam Darcy?

Back