2021 Formula One Season: Championship Decider Abu Dhabi - Verstappen Wins in a Controversial Race! šŸ† šŸ¾

Remove this Banner Ad

No Zhou got a seat because heā€™s from China and F1 are desperate to break into that market, nothing to do with talent itā€™s all politics and cash.
He's got cash no doubt, but he's a good driver.

Alpine made their call early in the year when Zhou was on fire.
Common misconception fed by the media to create some interest in the F2 title battle, Piastri has beaten Zhou at every round except for round 1 Bahrain and only really held the lead because of piastri collecting tictum in that feature race which kept Zhou close until round 4.

I'll preface this by saying I don't watch a lot of F2 (mainly just the highlights) but my main problem with Zhou from what I have seen is that he seems to be too aggressive and take too many risks. They work in the slower F2 car but I think he will have a lot of problems pulling them off in an F1 car- particularly where positions tend to be defended more aggressively. It is where the more patient and calculated Piastri is more suited to F1 for me.

I'll preface this by saying I don't watch a lot of F2 (mainly just the highlights) but my main problem with Zhou from what I have seen is that he seems to be too aggressive and take too many risks. They work in the slower F2 car but I think he will have a lot of problems pulling them off in an F1 car- particularly where positions tend to be defended more aggressively. It is where the more patient and calculated Piastri is more suited to F1 for me.
Pretty similar to Tsunoda, both gifted their spot due to their nationality both not quite at the peak of the talent list and both with a similarly bad understanding of risk vs reward.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pretty similar to Tsunoda, both gifted their spot due to their nationality both not quite at the peak of the talent list and both with a similarly bad understanding of risk vs reward.
You can't teach speed, you can learn race craft.

Tsunoda is quicker than Zhou was, Zhou is smarter.

Remove this Banner Ad

2021 Formula One Season: Championship Decider Abu Dhabi - Verstappen Wins in a Controversial Race! šŸ† šŸ¾

Remove this Banner Ad

Back