2021 Membership Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

In a world of uncertainty, the club had to make a decision as to whether they should prepare for the possibilty of return to reserve seats this year or not.

They decided to make the conservative decision that we would not return to reserve seats this year. To do that, they reduced the cost of the membership and included away games for no extra cost.

Is it a pain in the arse having to buy seats each week ($10 for home, $0 for away) - damn right it is.

One of the benefits of having a membership, whether it be GA or reserved seat, is being able to walk up, scan your card, and not have to deal with incompetent ticket agency.

In a covid world, that is not possible, and there have been some stuff ups along the way, including Round 1 where I had abig issue with the clubs communication. But they have learnt from that and the process has got easier each week, as everyone learns from the previous weeks mistakes.

Would I love to be in the same seat every week - sure
Am I just happy to be able to watch my team live each week. - absolutely

Let's get through the year and back to some form of normality next year. And to who ever ends up in my seat next to the race, make the most of it, because I'll be coming for it in 2022,

Well said.

Different strokes for different folks, but for me I would have preferred they took my reserved seat money in one sum at the start of the season, with the plan of letting me sit in my reserved seat if it became possible.

Agreed. Understand it hasn’t been easy but as a show of good faith to members they could’ve just asked us to pay $10 a home match for the rest of the season but reinstate our reserved seats. Wouldn‘t have been hard.

About 200 away from 45,000 apparently.

Our highest ever is 47,653 in 2017.

Were on an upward trajectory from 2015-2017, gaining 12k+ members before the flag hangover.

And undoubtly a lot of those are back again for another free ride!

I understand people's concerns about the seat situation but i think the far more pressing issue is paying for a Social Club membership and not being able to access said Social Club because its not in the area where the computer allocated your seat...

I understand people's concerns about the seat situation but i think the far more pressing issue is paying for a Social Club membership and not being able to access said Social Club because its not in the area where the computer allocated your seat...
Covid has probably costed us 5k members.

I know numerous people who aren't members and aren't attending games simply because of the ticketing.

Our worse still the computer did allocate you a seat in the area where the social club is and you still can't use it.

Didn't most people get Social Club membership to enable them to access finals tickets?

Our worse still the computer did allocate you a seat in the area where the social club is and you still can't use it.
Similar issue to afl members. I’ve had afl members tickets and been zoned out of access to the bar. I’m still a social club member but it’s frustrating not being able to get to it and catch up with mates.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The social club is rad. Big loss not being able to use it in the last couple of years. Even the bathrooms are better.

Similar issue to afl members. I’ve had afl members tickets and been zoned out of access to the bar. I’m still a social club member but it’s frustrating not being able to get to it and catch up with mates.

If you're an AFL Member, wouldn't your seats been in the AFL Members area which mean't you could use the AFL Members Bar.

I've used it for every game at Marvel

Didn't most people get Social Club membership to enable them to access finals tickets?
Yes. Being interstate, attending games was almost nonexistent. But in 2016 I was glad I had it.

Up on level 2 near aisle 36 there is a Centre wing / Club Members bar. We went in there on Sunday. Pretty good really. Beer in glasses, more spirits to choose from...and beef brisket rolls!

So you can just get in with a club gold membership?

Yes. Being interstate, attending games was almost nonexistent. But in 2016 I was glad I had it.

I had four social club memberships, but only three of us were regularly attending games, so at the beginning of 2016, I let one lapse....:(

We initially bought SC membership because we went there a lot. Then they basically cut off after match 'entertainment' so we haven't really attended at Marvel for a few years. But we kept them to access Grand Final tickets and thank goodness we did 2016

So you can just get in with a club gold membership?
Yeah. The first week we went we had an argument with the security people. He said it was only for ‘Centre Wing Members’ despite the sign clearly saying it was for club members also. This week we talked to the security and they confirmed it was for both. You just need your membership or some proof you’re a member. We showed him the membership email from the club.

We initially bought SC membership because we went there a lot. Then they basically cut off after match 'entertainment' so we haven't really attended at Marvel for a few years. But we kept them to access Grand Final tickets and thank goodness we did 2016
Perhaps I’m a simpleton but I found the whole Social Club vs EJ Whitten Club all very confusing. I’m still not sure what each actually gives you. In the end I opted for neither.

Remove this Banner Ad

2021 Membership Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back