Preview 2021 Rd 5 - Richmond vs St Kilda at Docklands Thursday 15/4 7.20pm AEST - Conspiracies, Comparisons and the Moorabbin Rasputitsa

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Great news VB_longneck
Crack open a longneck.

Rioli is poised to earn a recall for Thursday night’s crunch clash with St Kilda, after being dropped to the VFL last week following an up-and-down start to the season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Concerned about this game. If they can get the ball into space then their speed can hurt us.

On the other hand if we turn up and play seriously we'll shut them down and score. Not sure whether Nank needs help given their ruck problems. But I'd look at bringing in speed for this game. So may Dan the man comes back - maybe playing more midfield.

Hope we don't get reamed by the umps again this week as well.

Gee I'm a happy chappy about us right now. I guess we're slowly turning up the heat and starting to get into the swing of things.

Cant say I'm confident of getting close in this one. Saints just hit some good form and at marvel we are trash. Lose this one and 2-3 genuinely is our worst start for 5 or so years and I dont think we can afford to fall too far behind. With the next 3 being against Melbourne, dogs and cats which are all 50-50 we absolutely need to win this or we risk being 3-5 or even 2-6.

If Marshall plays for Saints then
In - CCJ, Kmac and Caddy
Out - Aarts, Martyn and Mansell
If Marshall doesn't play then in - Kmac, Caddy and Rioli with the same 3 outs.
Having said that I liked Mansells game last week, he showed a lot of promise so I'm a bit torn whether we should keep him in for a least a few more games to build up his confidence or to omit him after just the 1 game. Martyn needs to learn his craft via the VFL and Aarts is just out of form.

Keep Mansell, rid of whoever is slow

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

King is still relatively lightly built.
He can be crunched in a pack marking contest, which is why St Kilda tries to isolate him.
King goes down, whenever the game, and their season would be over.

Nothing like picking on a kid for the great crime of changing clubs.

We got a decent draft haul out of St Kilda. Can't you just be content death-riding them for this year's draft without picking on a former Richmond man behind a keyboard?
Well said. Wasn't too long ago Jack Higgins was perhaps the most popular player on this board. I would have loved to see Higgo tough it out and stay but it's clear he got a good offer and felt he needed a change. People have a right to change jobs. Whilst he's the enemy now I still wish him well. Just not this week !

Nothing like picking on a kid for the great crime of changing clubs.

We got a decent draft haul out of St Kilda. Can't you just be content death-riding them for this year's draft without picking on a former Richmond man behind a keyboard?
Fair call, we probably should be a little more lenient on him. It isn’t like he was an a-hole in the process of leaving. He was just obsessed by St Kilda and given how passionate he is as a person, he probably wasn’t going to stay anyway IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back