Trades 2021 Round 3 Fantasy Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exact same conundrum for me.. Dunkley or Grundy. The only reason i lean towards Dunks is because it would make my second trade in either Witts or a fwd under 590k. If i didnt have that issue, i would probably lean towards Grundy

Yeah I agree to go with Dunks if it doesn’t mess with your second trade.
Bringing in Grundy would mean I have change my team structure. So I guess I’m talking myself back into Dunkley, even if it means I miss out on a huge VC score.

My only must-have this week is to get Jordon in. So pretty sure I'll be going Stephenson -> Jordon. Leaves me with $285k to play with.

Doesn't feel great to jump straight off a player after just 1 week, but Steph is up against it with the Dogs this week. And I'd prefer to punt him, and hold Sholl & JClark for another week to see where they're really at.

My 2nd trade is a bit trickier:
1. Serong -> Brayshaw. Very sideways, but maybe this is the time to do it. Serong has had low TOG but good PPM. Is he fully fit? He has a chance to step up with Fyfe injured. Or do I just read the tea leaves and make the small step up to Bray? Sounds like he is a definite step above, and the more likely breakout candidate at Freo this year (albeit after just 2 weeks).

2. HJones/Bergman -> Lazzaro/WPhillips. But those North rooks worry me - poor side, midfielders coming back, uncertain place in the best 22, up against Doggies this week, etc. They'll both likely score better than Jones, but so many potential pitfalls. So I'm leaning towards holding HJones and Berg for now. Even if Berg is medical emg and comes on field for a 10, he'll still go up in price and you can trade him next week.

Leaning towards the 1st option, but definitely not feeling sure about it

My only must-have this week is to get Jordon in. So pretty sure I'll be going Stephenson -> Jordon. Leaves me with $285k to play with.

Doesn't feel great to jump straight off a player after just 1 week, but Steph is up against it with the Dogs this week. And I'd prefer to punt him, and hold Sholl & JClark for another week to see where they're really at.

1. Serong -> Brayshaw. Very sideways, but maybe this is the time to do it. Serong has had low TOG but good PPM. Is he fully fit? He has a chance to step up with Fyfe injured. Or do I just read the tea leaves and make the small step up to Bray? Sounds like he is a definite step above, and the more likely breakout candidate at Freo this year (albeit after just 2 weeks).

2. HJones/Bergman -> Lazzaro/WPhillips. But those North rooks worry me - poor side, midfielders coming back, uncertain place in the best 22, up against Doggies this week, etc. They'll both likely score better than Jones, but so many potential pitfalls. So I'm leaning towards holding HJones and Berg for now. Even if Berg is medical emg and comes on field for a 10, he'll still go up in price and you can trade him next week.

Yeah tough one. Normally I'd say swap the rookies out but I've got no confidence at all in these North rookies right now. Not enough information to go off. Lazzaro in particular will get dropped as soon as he has one poor game.
Bergman may yet play, and Jones is at least still playing.

It would be a disaster to get Lazzaro for example then find he's dropped next Sunday. 2x wasted trades essentially (though he could get back into the side at some point).

Phillips will get a few games to show himself, so if you had to take one of them it's probably Phillips for mine. But grabbing him off no information at all is risky. Who knows where he plays or what his ceiling is in that side? I certainly don't.

Serong -> Brayshaw is a bit sideways like you say but should be a guaranteed improvement. Serong's PPM is amazing. His TOG will may increase in the short term with Fyfe out. But he's obviously still building the tank that's needed for an AFL midfield.

I'd probably do Jones -> Lazzaro or Phillips. Flip a coin on them! haha. Phillips for security I think as I can't see any way North fit Powell/Lazzaro and Phillips all in the same side as Cunnington/Anderson/UDL/Polec etc etc.

Sorry this is basically a fence sitting answer haha. I'd give Serong one more if you can to see how he goes without Fyfe!

Yeah tough one. Normally I'd say swap the rookies out but I've got no confidence at all in these North rookies right now. Not enough information to go off. Lazzaro in particular will get dropped as soon as he has one poor game.
Bergman may yet play, and Jones is at least still playing.

It would be a disaster to get Lazzaro for example then find he's dropped next Sunday. 2x wasted trades essentially (though he could get back into the side at some point).

Phillips will get a few games to show himself, so if you had to take one of them it's probably Phillips for mine. But grabbing him off no information at all is risky. Who knows where he plays or what his ceiling is in that side? I certainly don't.

Serong -> Brayshaw is a bit sideways like you say but should be a guaranteed improvement. Serong's PPM is amazing. His TOG will may increase in the short term with Fyfe out. But he's obviously still building the tank that's needed for an AFL midfield.

I'd probably do Jones -> Lazzaro or Phillips. Flip a coin on them! haha. Phillips for security I think as I can't see any way North fit Powell/Lazzaro and Phillips all in the same side as Cunnington/Anderson/UDL/Polec etc etc.

Sorry this is basically a fence sitting answer haha. I'd give Serong one more if you can to see how he goes without Fyfe!

Thanks mate - nice to see your thinking goes mostly along the same lines as me.

The Bray option is a bit more attractive cos of the chance of an immediate points impact (although of course that could easily backfire on me). However the rookie swap might be a better long-term move.

Hmmm... this Waterman news could be an option...

Waterman is debuting for Dons this week. 170k forward! Dominated here in the WAFL last year, got a tank and is built like one too!

Beauty. Double rook fixup will be tough to ignore next week with 3 new names out there this week!

Good story too. Alec has worked really hard for his 2nd chance, lets hope he takes it. Never got a clean run at it with the Eagles with his glandular fever. just didn't have the tank as a result and wasn't up to the rigours of AFL.

I'm not 100% sure he's got the tank for the AFL, so will probably spend most of his time camped forward, but if he's managed to sort that out he could be a gem not only for the dons but for all of us next week!

Thanks mate - nice to see your thinking goes mostly along the same lines as me.

The Bray option is a bit more attractive cos of the chance of an immediate points impact (although of course that could easily backfire on me). However the rookie swap might be a better long-term move.

Hmmm... this Waterman news could be an option...

Yeah Waterman could be a good backup option for you.
So perhaps skip the North rookie move for now.

That lets you hold trade 2 in the bank till part way through Saturday.

You'll know if Bergman is dropped by then (maybe even Jones too?). If both were dropped it probably becomes pretty critical to fixup one of them and take the punt on Waterman?

If they both get a gig, then do your Serong -> Brayshaw upgrade and have another look at the rookies next week?

Waterman is a next week option for me.... But good to have a sighter on him this week. H Jones to Waterman....

I don't know, I think at a bargain basement price of $170k, with Essendon's outs... if you HAD to jump early on any rookie then Waterman probably isn't the worst one to try.
I always wait a week anyway unless I'm held at gunpoint.

I don't know, I think at a bargain basement price of $170k, with Essendon's outs... if you HAD to jump early on any rookie then Waterman probably isn't the worst one to try.
I always wait a week anyway unless I'm held at gunpoint.

Fair comment, but was purely talking about my circumstances. I need about 6 trades this week, which is odd - as my ranking is good for this time of year....

Yeah Waterman could be a good backup option for you.
So perhaps skip the North rookie move for now.

That lets you hold trade 2 in the bank till part way through Saturday.

You'll know if Bergman is dropped by then (maybe even Jones too?). If both were dropped it probably becomes pretty critical to fixup one of them and take the punt on Waterman?

If they both get a gig, then do your Serong -> Brayshaw upgrade and have another look at the rookies next week?

Yep, I'm liking this approach!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fair comment, but was purely talking about my circumstances. I need about 6 trades this week, which is odd - as my ranking is good for this time of year....

Haha yeh funny how your perspectives change week to week. Rnd 1 I could barely find a trade. This week I reckon I need 10.
Hopefully some poor performers can bounce back with a reasonable score this week to get back into my good graces.

Haha yeh funny how your perspectives change week to week. Rnd 1 I could barely find a trade. This week I reckon I need 10.
Hopefully some poor performers can bounce back with a reasonable score this week to get back into my good graces.

I'm worried about getting stuck with Stephenson, with no way to get him up to someone (due to rookies dropping like flies) - and lack of good options.

But I think I'll always be able to downgrade him to a rook somewhere - and then upgrade someone to a premium elsewhere...

I just know I could fix a lot of things this week (until the Round actually starts) and then have a good week with just one or two more trades....

Caldwell < Robertson
H.Young < Dunkley

Campbell on field and Rowe covering Bergman.

Is it worth chasing Dunkley if it means bringing in Robertson who could be a 1 week wonder? Good junior numbers, top end draft pick but is there any chance he strings 4-5 games together.

I could go with option 2 (Jones to Lazzaro).

Freo (Serong) have Carlton, Hawks, Crows, North, Eagles and then Essendon, after which he's probably ready to upgrade

I'm worried about getting stuck with Stephenson, with no way to get him up to someone (due to rookies dropping like flies) - and lack of good options.

But I think I'll always be able to downgrade him to a rook somewhere - and then upgrade someone to a premium elsewhere...

I just know I could fix a lot of things this week (until the Round actually starts) and then have a good week with just one or two more trades....

Ditto given next week might be a rookie fixup week. But otherwise I've still got Hind to grab if he goes well again.
Steph -> Hind as a straight swap keeps things relatively neat and straightforward in theory.

Who’s likely to play again? idun or Sharp?

I think both are chances. Sharp had a rough game against Geelong - but he will learn from that. Idun could be in this week - although that may not save him from the chop in my team...

Sharp wasn't terrible, but was outbodied by much older opponents....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back