Game Day 2022 AFL Draft thread.....

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We usually do a GD Draft thread to keep the stuff out if the Drafting and trading thread.

WE will close that one for now and reopen after the draft.

Ive copied the last 25 posts over to keep the chat going.

All Draft talk in here now please.

GO Catters

Last edited:

My prediction for what it’s worth is that we will take Clark if he hasn’t been taken earlier. If he has then we will look at trading down to grab Busslinger plus a future pick.
Oddly they might see busslinger as a stewart replacement long term as that intercepting rebound defender as opposed to a lock down defender

Just reading into Wells comments, maybe we’re not taking any of the players who have been speculated ?

He mentioned we want players to complement our current group. I took that as the club doing everything it can to go back-to-back, or win another flag in the next couple of years.

What I suspect that means is we don’t want a player who’s going to take 3 years to be a regular in our side. It wouldn’t surprise me at all if we traded back to take a Hotton, Hollands or Cowan per say. Players who play outside, fringe type roles that allow them to play early and have an influence on games in their first couple of years similar to what we saw with our youngsters this year.

Just spitballing and we’ll all know in a couple of hours or so, but just something I found interesting. Our club is focused on being competitive and winning flags, that’s the goal and that’s all that matters. I’d say while we’re still in the window they’d want players who can proceed to impact immediately.
You're reading way too much into it.

Wellsy rolls out the "complement our current group" every year, and it is basically a way for him to answer media questions without actually saying anything at all.

Are McGovern and Barrass that old?
He looks a good prospect is from wa and ranked right around their picks. Makes as much sense as us selecting Clark. The eagles will be very keen to get young replacements across the ground, their team is old and at the bottom of the ladder.

He looks a good prospect is from wa and ranked right around their picks. Makes as much sense as us selecting Clark. The eagles will be very keen to get young replacements across the ground, their team is old and at the bottom of the ladder.

Gibney and a vic country kid for eagles not buss imo.

Not many players who are drafted impact immediately.

Even though we’re getting on we absolutely don’t need anyone required to play games next year. Our depth is solid and we have 3 to debut straight away plus the kids to test out they are already in our system.

My prediction... We are trading our pick unless Cadman falls.
Cheers Boys and let the festivities begin.
If Cadman drops to us it will be a miracle.

Interesting point though... Hawk will be 35yo next year and Jezza will be 30yo, who's stepping into their shoes next? O Henry is more of a 3rd forward. Ratugolea looks like he's being groomed more as a defender now. Neale is a ruckman.

We're gonna need a really good key forward in a couple years, and knowing that those guys can take a little while to mature...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting point though... Hawk will be 35yo next year and Jezza will be 30yo, who's stepping into their shoes next? O Henry is more of a 3rd forward. Ratugolea looks like he's being groomed more as a defender now. Neale is a ruckman.

We're gonna need a really good key forward in a couple years, and knowing that those guys can take a little while to mature...
Hopefully they have a war chest of cash for some RFA or preferably a Free agent in their sights.

Neale was drafted as a ruck but is basically playing permanent key forward in the VFL.

Jezza going to retire at 30?

its 0007 here...

The NFL draft starts right on time...

Why cant AFL?

They suck the nipple of the NFL for everything else...

Get it going.

GO Catters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back