Game Day 2022 AFL Draft thread.....

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We usually do a GD Draft thread to keep the stuff out if the Drafting and trading thread.

WE will close that one for now and reopen after the draft.

Ive copied the last 25 posts over to keep the chat going.

All Draft talk in here now please.

GO Catters

Last edited:
We looking at the Swans 14 & 17???
There's Busslinger and Weddle ??.... all complimentary to our list. Probably more vital going forward.
Or we talking to the Dees?? Or is it the Giants??
Getting a bit moist in the loins tbh.

My prediction is we select either Allan or Ginbey at 8.

Will be annoyed if it’s Allan, who doesn’t have enough runs on the board to justify a single digit pick. Too risky imo.

I hope we keep 8 and select Philippou… Clark my second preference.

Best available, no reaches or needs pls

Praying that if the Dons keep their pick and go with Tsatas that Gold Coast go with Ginbey... It's our only hope getting Humprey (although GC and Humprey almost seem locked in).

In that case we have no shot at Humprey and now I hope the Dons do trade the pick to the Dees and the Dees take Humprey... Because that way it opens up the chance that Tsatas will be available for us and we can then look to take him or trade the pick if we want.

Don’t want = phillipou

And I’ve changed my mind, we won’t trade down.
I would have done it if it included a 2023 pick.

It seems everyone is trying to do that.

lol.... 0017 it starts.....

AFL is so shit sometimes.

Tin pot show....

Anyway..... good luck to all the draftees.

GO Catters

My predictions:

1. Cadman GWS
2. Ashcroft BL
3. Wardlaw NM
4. Sheezel NM
5. Tsatas ESS
6. Humphrey GC (will seek a trade to Geelong in 5 years time)
7. Phillipou HAW
8. MacKenzie GEEL
9. Ginbey WC
10. Clark StK

my guess is with our preferred options Tsatas and Humphrey off the board we get the bigger bodied inside clearance machine Mackenzie with p8

if Hawks go McKenzie it's Jhye Clark!!

GO CATS! GO WELLSY!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cal pretty much ruled out Busslinger for us, which was very interesting. Still holding hope if it's not Clark it's Mackenzie for us (Number 1 on my draft board) but I'd be happy with either of them, and even Humphrey if he makes it that far - such a good kid.

Jezza going to retire at 30?
Not sure how you read that into my post.

In a couple of years time Jezza will be 32yo and Hawk will likely be retired to very close to... my point is that we'll need a key forward by then, and probably a second one within another couple of years after that.

If we don't because Hawk & Jezza both keep their 2022 form for another 5 years, brilliant. But not likely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back