AFL 2022 Brownlow Medal

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The 3, 2, 1 was agreed from the commentary team of Brad Johnson and Gerard Healy for Sydney v Adelaide. the 1 was a bit of a debate between Laird and Sam Berry for me.

No votes to Oliver or Petracca (Bont, English and Marra). Anyone watch Brisbane vs GC? Looks like Neale will poll. Might be in the lead.

No votes to Oliver or Petracca (Bont, English and Marra). Anyone watch Brisbane vs GC? Looks like Neale will poll. Might be in the lead.

Neale didn’t stand out at all I thought.
Miller, Ellis, Anderson and even Witts were the best 4 players in my eyes but surely Brisbane players have to poll in win… neale and Mcluggage best out of them probably . Bit of a raffle really.

Think Oliver a chance to sneak the 1, had a monster first half.
Neale 1 or 2, miller was fantastic.
i Agree with you I think Oliver can poll the 2 votes here.

But the 3 looks safe for the Bont i would imagine. Dont think you will get 2.20+ . Would have a play at 2.40+ ish if available. The 2 and 1 could be switched here. Using a 113% margin as Id be keen to have a look at the top 4 players listed there.

1658579227174.png

Miller, Ellis, Anderson and even Witts were the best 4 players in my eyes but surely Brisbane players have to poll in win… neale and Mcluggage best out of them probably . Bit of a raffle really.
I find with the Q-Clashes, whoever usually wins the Best on Ground Medal, usually polls the 3 on Brownlow night.

The Q-Clash Medal tally:

Brave man to bet against Touk. But you can go with your instinct if you feel that way.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How Brayshaw polls early is going to be one of the more interesting factors on the night.

Umpires showed with Walsh last year that they are willing to reward elite outside players but the trend over the last decade+ has been for clearance winning/contested midfielders.

Neale and Oliver seem well ahead on that front this year. I wouldn't be surprised to see brayshaw under poll relative to current predictions.

Case in point - previous poster who didn't notice Neale as much this week - he had 10 clearances and 7 inside 50s. Plenty of quick release handballs in traffic that aren't obvious on tv but I bet the umps see them.

How Brayshaw polls early is going to be one of the more interesting factors on the night.

Umpires showed with Walsh last year that they are willing to reward elite outside players but the trend over the last decade+ has been for clearance winning/contested midfielders.

Neale and Oliver seem well ahead on that front this year. I wouldn't be surprised to see brayshaw under poll relative to current predictions.

Case in point - previous poster who didn't notice Neale as much this week - he had 10 clearances and 7 inside 50s. Plenty of quick release handballs in traffic that aren't obvious on tv but I bet the umps see them.
I noticed Neale plenty of times doing the replays this morning clear best on for mine

i Agree with you I think Oliver can poll the 2 votes here.

But the 3 looks safe for the Bont i would imagine. Dont think you will get 2.20+ . Would have a play at 2.40+ ish if available. The 2 and 1 could be switched here. Using a 113% margin as Id be keen to have a look at the top 4 players listed there.

View attachment 1454536
Umm, Brayshaw? Took a few standout intercept marks and got a lot of it. Wouldn't surprise me if he polled here. But it's a hard game to call.

Umm, Brayshaw? Took a few standout intercept marks and got a lot of it. Wouldn't surprise me if he polled here. But it's a hard game to call.
Think in a Bulldogs win, very hard to pick him for the 3 votes. Maybe it was just me but I didnt notice him as much. Might be good for a 1 or 2 vote.

Not really concerned RE Brayshaw under-polling. Has shown an ability to poll when he plays well in previous seasons, coupled with the extra wins this season, pretty confident. But yes, first few rounds will tell how that goes.

Obviously a very small sample size here but in previous games in which he has had 25+ disposals and Fremantle have won, he has polled 13 votes from 8 games at an average of 1.6 votes per game.

This season he has done this in every single win, so 12 games.

If umps are swayed by the medal winner, then Touk Miller will get the 3 votes.

Neale could just easily get the 3 votes too. If not, then 2 for Neale.

Starcevich the 1 vote.

So, it's either...

Miller - 3
Neale - 2
Starcevich - 1

OR

Neale - 3
Miller - 2
Strcevich 1
yeh interesting neale hasn't formed in the betting though he would come in a fair bit based of Oliver not really polling and Brayshaw

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back