News 2022 coaching appointments (Leppitsch, Bolton, Jetta, & Fraser)

Remove this Banner Ad

I get the impression that he'd be more interested in GWs gig (or one of his gigs) than Fly's
Replace Hine. Yes I think you're possibly right.
Head Coaching is a tough gig.
Fly is made for it.

Replace Hine. Yes I think you're possibly right.
Head Coaching is a tough gig.
Fly is made for it.
I didn't mean recruiting - I meant I think he'll move towards a Head of footy role in the future - rather than a head coach role.

I didn't mean recruiting - I meant I think he'll move towards a Head of footy role in the future - rather than a head coach role.
When Hine had more expansive roles in the past , he didn’t quite knock it out of the ballpark

A bit different.

“Justin will help develop and implement the football program’s strategic vision with Craig McRae, provide direction and leadership to our data and analysis division, mentor all coaches and assist in our list management and recruiting areas.

“Brendan will play a pivotal role in continuing to improve the connection across the football department and the wider business while also utilising his extensive leadership and culture experience to continue to further develop our athletes and staff.”

“Although Justin and Brendan will not coach a line group next season, they’ll actively be involved on a match-day.”

Scout said this.

Leppitsch will be more of game style, game day ‘cutting edge’ and methodologies, opportunities to exploit opposition weakness and enhance strengths. Justin is one of the cleverest minds in the game, and much of how we played is engineered via his thought and provocation. Perfect role.

Bolton’ s role is more about development of people both individual and collective - through the channels of leadership both formal and informal, educating players and coaches. Bolton is lauded for his positivity and connectivity so this role is him personified.

Both will have clear game day function.

Selwood as fwd line has the hard task - that’s the line that is hardest to teach/coach….Skipworth is highly regarded and has been anointed as one on the rise as a potential senior coach.

I like the balance of sage experience (Leppa, Bolts, Macca) and ‘on the up’ driven (Selwood, Skippy, Rough) types.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

“Although Justin and Brendan will not coach a line group next season, they’ll actively be involved on a match-day.

Should we be worried?

What does that exactly involve?

Fantastic that we've retained our 2023 assistant coaching panel but Leppitsch in particular has seemingly been a major driver in both how we play and how we look to expose the opposition on game day.

I wouldn't want his new role to dramatically reduce his influence on team tactics and performance.

Should we be worried?

What does that exactly involve?

Fantastic that we've retained our 2023 assistant coaching panel but Leppitsch in particular has seemingly been a major driver in both how we play and how we look to expose the opposition on game day.

I wouldn't want his new role to dramatically reduce his influence on team tactics and performance.
I wouldn't be worried - my assumption is that the hieracrhy is that the senior 3 of McRae, Leppa and Bolton have the greatest say in game style, tactics and the line coaches deliver the details to the players.

I wouldn't be worried - my assumption is that the hieracrhy is that the senior 3 of McRae, Leppa and Bolton have the greatest say in game style, tactics and the line coaches deliver the details to the players.
This.

If anything, these changes would seem to put Leppa and Bolts even further at the forefront of our coaching structure.

taking a guess....but i don't think we'll be too upset that he's left.
He was listed as the HP manager for the AFLW....and look how that's turned out this year.....

So i daresay he would have lost that role next year anyway, which probably capped his ceiling at the pies.
Hence taking a better offer.

Remove this Banner Ad

News 2022 coaching appointments (Leppitsch, Bolton, Jetta, & Fraser)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back