Autopsy 2022 Community Series: Hawks v Tigers, 1:10pm March 5th

Remove this Banner Ad

The most disappointing outcome (aside from a repeat of our Collingwood performance) would be a torrential downpour turning the game into water polo. Would really affect our preparation considering we are likely looking to play a faster game style more reliant on clean ball use.

Not sure I could expect a flicking of the switch and some fantastic ball movement this week, but maybe we will get to see some of what they've been working on come to fruition in parts during the game.

The main thing for me though, just like last week, is that everyone gets through unscathed, so that we can pick our preferred side in Round 1 and go from there.

Spot on I agree and I think this is our biggest problem in the middle as you have highlighted.

My logic would be to not keep playing the same blokes who let you down, can't find the footy, loose track defensivly and get beat one on one.
Replaying the same rotation seems like madness and ground hog day.
You would love to be the oppostion player or coach with that setup, Just knock the ball fwd and run away from the contest, Defensivly no need to put any time or a work into a player, if they are not capable of burning you the other way from the contest.

It's only early and I expect a response this week it will be intresting to see how we go in a fair dinkum hit out.
The only direction from last week is up. As long I see plenty of effort this week I’ll be happy.

Midfield seems to be very much a work in progress.

Was good seeing Worps bursting out of clearance situations and Newks work in there. Apart from that though. Tigers have typically been a weaker clearance team. Will be interesting to see how we match up.

What Sewell had that I always think is an underated ability was that he could get a ball from the bottom of a pack, jump up and then power run for 5 to 10 meters before kicking it.

Admittedly a lot of his kicks were a bit hit and miss but it would always gain territory for the side and it's funny how often those chaos balls would work to the teams advantage.

I think having the absolute cream of ground ball winning forwards in the same team when Brad was playing went a long way to gaining the "advantage" from the chaos ball.

The only direction from last week is up. As long I see plenty of effort this week I’ll be happy.

Midfield seems to be very much a work in progress.

Was good seeing Worps bursting out of clearance situations and Newks work in there. Apart from that though. Tigers have typically been a weaker clearance team. Will be interesting to see how we match up.
I am very happy with those two, both tracking nicely for a good season onwards and upwards!

Four things id like to see in this game.

1. No injuries
2. Our youth, especially in the middle.
3. Us lowering our eyes and passing the footy laces out to a leading forward.
4. Pressure applied to tigers all over the ground.

A MacDonald v Sonsie contest would be pretty good to witness as well.

Ground is in great condition after 60mm of rain overnight, centre wicket area still needs some softening but will be good to go for game time. A lot of rain expected on Friday and Saturday which is not ideal as the eastern wing does tend to hold water. A lot of work going on behind the scenes to get the Oval up to standard, shame if the weather intervenes. Go Hawks

The centre wicket piece always worries me. no injuries.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

bramble set to miss a few weeks with a stress fracture in the foot.

Yuck. The kid is probably 30% of the run in our entire team.
Sad A Christmas Story GIF by filmeditor

Buckle up.
If the footy gods a going to continue to injure the few players we have with speed and skill it's going to be a looooonng season.

Not a player we can afford to lose.
Its true, but also crisis creates opportunity.

This time last year we didn't even know what Bramble meant to us, and when we knocked off the Dogs we were missing O'Meara, Worpel, Day, Jiath, Gunston, Breust, Sicily, Impey, DGB, Reeves on the day.

Let's hope we get a 'real' temperature check on our game style this week..

Last weeks' trial match had a real AFLX feel about it.. Good to blow off some cobwebs and that's about it.

I thought it the first 3+ quarters when both teams were close to full strength, we got a real temperature check and were found badly wanting.

The last two quarters were relatively meaningless in assessing where we are at.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy 2022 Community Series: Hawks v Tigers, 1:10pm March 5th

Remove this Banner Ad

Back