Fantasy 2022 - EMPIRE League - Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Firstly, it was just people talking about what to do with any purported tankers, hypothetical discussion......do we use another system to rank draft standings, like all-play or optimal points, and what are the flaws in that suggestion, do we post-game replace byes and outs starters with bench players who scored, and what are the cons of that, a person who got the W but then got the L would be pissed off and rightfully so, do we strip picks or move picks to end of round if anyone even found to be tanking.

It wasnt a direct accusation at you BpG. I also backed up how a one-off like what you did isnt a tank, because sometimes people dont have choices, or the FA pool is bare, or people dont have cap money, or like you added, people can sometimes not be online 24/7 when a player's status changes from Q to O.

I also dont think a paid league would have any tanking.

And it would have to be someone demonstrating multiple times in a season starting byes and outs before such a decision could be made.

Or look at Helfarch last year, he just went awol and i had to submit his starting lineup, even signed him a few players to ensure he had starters, and he wasnt tanking, just simply disappeared.

I could do this all night... why are you insisting on digging yourself a deeper hole? 3 days ago confirmed out on fleaflicker, reported by ESPN!

View attachment 1542591

Sleeper:

View attachment 1542593
Again, that might be your magic newsfeeds, not what I got when I checked the NFL sites or set my teams.

You are now (directly in mutiple consecutive posts) accusing me of tanking.

Why? Do you really think I would "tank"??

Me? Really? After 15 years on here?

It wasnt a direct accusation at you BpG.
It absolutely was a direct allegation at me, and has been repeated mutiple times now just in the last hour, every time naming me and supposed specifics of what I have done to tank.

What are you going to do in response?

I don’t care about anyones team and am not tracking who is starting who, but we have the ability to with one move eliminate the ability to tank. It’s bewildering to me that we aren’t taking it.
But optimal points is not something tracked by MFL that i can see. There isnt a standings or stat page anywhere that gives you the full season stats for that post-season so that one can simply see it and use it to set the draft board.

Plus, there are flaws with optimal as adp and i gave examples of. All-play doesnt eliminate tanking but it better reflects which teams are worst, need the draft help, and should have the higher draft picks.

If there isnt an optimal points list for the entire season, i could add end of season starter points + end of season bench points (which are two categories that MFL tracks) and use that for draft standings. But i still dont think it solves tanking, or is a better reflection of draft ranking than all-play is.

Someone could still tank by having max 25 roster size, say, but all those 25 are too players....so they could win the league by W-L but still get the #3 overall pick say because only 25 players rostered to accrue total starter+bench points ends up much less than teams with a full 36 roster

But optimal points is not something tracked by MFL that i can see. There isnt a standings or stat page anywhere that gives you the full season stats for that post-season so that one can simply see it and use it to set the draft board.

Plus, there are flaws with optimal as adp and i gave examples of. All-play doesnt eliminate tanking but it better reflects which teams are worst, need the draft help, and should have the higher draft picks.

If there isnt an optimal points list for the entire season, i could add end of season starter points + end of season bench points (which are two categories that MFL tracks) and use that for draft standings. But i still dont think it solves tanking, or is a better reflection of draft ranking than all-play is.

Someone could still tank by having max 25 roster size, say, but all those 25 are too players....so they could win the league by W-L but still get the #3 overall pick say because only 25 players rostered to accrue total starter+bench points ends up much less than teams with a full 36 roster
It absolutely is tracked - it’s in standings on Max PF

It isn’t starter AND bench points. It’s the best possible line up. If people play with empty rosters they’re robbing themselves of upside.

It’s honestly the best way to do it

Really simple question A11dAtP0w3R - why, 7 weeks into the season, knowing my bye week list and injury list, do you feel the need to directly and specifically call me out as tanking, the first allegation of tanking you've made against anyone in this league in two years?

Why?

I don’t care about anyones team and am not tracking who is starting who, but we have the ability to with one move eliminate the ability to tank. It’s bewildering to me that we aren’t taking it.
Actually that’s not it, but im in another MFL league based on potential points so it’s possible

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Actually that’s not it, but im in another MFL league based on potential points so it’s possible
No, actually because of GG's points scoring system it isn't possible in the way standard MFL leagues have it.

The closest comparator in Empire is the "efficiency rating" score that shows up under each franchise each week, but that isn't tracked across the whole season automatically - so someone would need to maintain a spreadsheet or a tracker, showing the week by week "efficiency" results for each team, based on Empire's GG specific scoring settings. Not impossible, but a lot of extra extraction work each week, and GG already does a mountain of work to keep it going.

It absolutely is tracked - it’s in standings on Max PF

It isn’t starter AND bench points. It’s the best possible line up. If people play with empty rosters they’re robbing themselves of upside.

It’s honestly the best way to do it
Isnt MAX PF simply the highest score they achieved in the season?

No, actually because of GG's points scoring system it isn't possible in the way standard MFL leagues have it.

The closest comparator in Empire is the "efficiency rating" score that shows up under each franchise each week, but that isn't tracked across the whole season automatically - so someone would need to maintain a spreadsheet or a tracker, showing the week by week "efficiency" results for each team, based on Empire's GG specific scoring settings. Not impossible, but a lot of extra extraction work each week, and GG already does a mountain of work to keep it going.
1666617931010.png

1666617991601.png
1666618041805.png

Attachments

• 1666617968001.png
    1666617968001.png
    26 KB · Views: 8
So based on end of week 6....

The hypothetical draft standings would be based on Effeciency Rating....

But I want to hear the pros and cons of this system. Tbh I've never really delved into what efficiency rating is, how it judges things, and thus areas where it could prevent tanking, or ways people could still circumvent it...

Also, it would have to be something everyone voted on now to be used for the upcoming draft.

screenshot-www65.myfantasyleague.com-2022.10.25-00_35_47.png

Isnt MAX PF simply the highest score they achieved in the season?
Yes MaxPF is nothing to do with week by week selection quality, it just tracks maximum Points for, as across the whole year.

The "efficiency rating" that shows up for each franchise each week in the detailed scoring summary for each franchise is the closest thing MFL has to a measure of "player selection quality" or "anti tanking" measure.

So based on end of week 6....

The hypothetical draft standings would be based on Effeciency Rating....

But I want to hear the pros and cons of this system. Tbh I've never really delved into what efficiency rating is, how it judges things, and thus areas where it could prevent tanking, or ways people could still circumvent it...

Also, it would have to be something everyone voted on now to be used for the upcoming draft.

View attachment 1542636
Yes, I like that, as long as it is over a whole season, and also balanced out against salary cap usage somehow (remember that salary cap has always been a key to Empire's challenging nature and interesting format). The results so far are impacted by in game injuries and early bye weeks, but over a full season (to say week 14 or whatever) I think it is a decent way to encourage engagement and maximise efficient roster use.

Already I can see flaws....

Til Valhall isn't the best team in the league, based on PF. Yet is being forced to have the #16 overall pick. Whilst Arakaan has one of the better teams, based on PF and W-L and yet is picking #5 overall.
But you could argue a lot of that is because Til isn't (apparently) making best possible use of his roster week to week, whereas Arky is squeezing the maximum blood from his stone.

Remove this Banner Ad

Fantasy 2022 - EMPIRE League - Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back